PDA

View Full Version : Peter Anholt

Triton
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
What should happen with Peter at the end of the season?

number9
03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
that should have happened this year with this group of guys and didn't. While the players share the responsibility, they are after all, just players. They need to have a strong coaching leader in order to develop their talent and potential. I just see guys who I was excited about last year going down hill. I watch Trach and the others we have seen in the last few weeks and I am excited about next years team potential, but that's all it is right now, potential. In the wrong hands, that potential is wasted. As a fan I love WHL hockey because I get to watch these guys develop their talents and go on to a bigger life in hockey. I've been to a few practices and really it's a joke. They do the same things over and over and do them wrong, over and over and he yells over and over. There was an NBA coach who said that coaches should have many tools in their toolbox to motivate guys and a necessary tool is the temporary insanity tool, but it should be used only occasionally, to get attention when it's necessary. Peter uses that tactic so much that even I tune him out and I only have to watch the games and a few practices I can't imagine having it every day. I don't have fun at the games anymore and I get the impression the team isn't having much fun out there either. I don't think any more players should have their potential wasted. I say, let him go. The time has come.

FELIX17
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
that should have happened this year with this group of guys and didn't. While the players share the responsibility, they are after all, just players. They need to have a strong coaching leader in order to develop their talent and potential. I just see guys who I was excited about last year going down hill. I watch Trach and the others we have seen in the last few weeks and I am excited about next years team potential, but that's all it is right now, potential. In the wrong hands, that potential is wasted. As a fan I love WHL hockey because I get to watch these guys develop their talents and go on to a bigger life in hockey. I've been to a few practices and really it's a joke. They do the same things over and over and do them wrong, over and over and he yells over and over. There was an NBA coach who said that coaches should have many tools in their toolbox to motivate guys and a necessary tool is the temporary insanity tool, but it should be used only occasionally, to get attention when it's necessary. Peter uses that tactic so much that even I tune him out and I only have to watch the games and a few practices I can't imagine having it every day. I don't have fun at the games anymore and I get the impression the team isn't having much fun out there either. I don't think any more players should have their potential wasted. I say, let him go. The time has come.

Very Good Points! Glad to have you aboard number 9. Welcome!

I have always been a fan of Peter's and I thought that after getting rid of MCGillvary, the team needed a no-nonsense coach. I too have been to practices, and I have witnessed the same as you. Anholt has always been an animated, intense coach and what it comes to is the players aren't listening anymore. And haven't for sometime. Who do they hire number 9? Any suggestions? This team needs stabilty and by firing Anholt and maybe Clark will bring about a lot of uncertainty for the small market team. I still haven't decided about my opinion of Anholt for another year. But the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards having a fresh start for the team, both GM and Coach. Whatever happens, the fans deserve more than what has been shown the past decade or so.

Triton
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Very Good Points! Glad to have you aboard number 9. Welcome!

I have always been a fan of Peter's and I thought that after getting rid of MCGillvary, the team needed a no-nonsense coach. I too have been to practices, and I have witnessed the same as you. Anholt has always been an animated, intense coach and what it comes to is the players aren't listening anymore. And haven't for sometime. Who do they hire number 9? Any suggestions? This team needs stabilty and by firing Anholt and maybe Clark will bring about a lot of uncertainty for the small market team. I still haven't decided about my opinion of Anholt for another year. But the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards having a fresh start for the team, both GM and Coach. Whatever happens, the fans deserve more than what has been shown the past decade or so.

Get rid of Drew Wilson while your cleaning house...WE WANT MUNZI BACK!or even Morely Jaeger,someon other than Drew "I can't pronounce anyones name" Wilson.

Zookeeper
03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
How about Donn Mitchell? Maybe he can come over. If this happened, I would never listen to another game. :p

Drop em' eh
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Those are strong words of criticism. I agree that the team is under achieving and that yes, ultimatley, the coach is the first to go. But I think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction. He is only one cog in the orginizational wheel. Management, coaches, and players all have to bear the responsibility. Anholt is a good coach and is well respected in hockey circles. Pinning the lack of success on him is the easy way out. I think waiting another year to see what happens would be sensible. IMHO.

Dwight Schrute
03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Get rid of Drew Wilson while your cleaning house...WE WANT MUNZI BACK!or even Morely Jaeger,someon other than Drew "I can't pronounce anyones name" Wilson.
lol i love that. drew wilson doesnt call a GAME VERY WELL. just out of curiosity i brought a lillte radio and headphones to a couple games this year to see how wilson called it. man how did he get hired. munzie is too good for the whl anymore and we got spoiled listening to him but, 900 ckbi needs only to watch and listen to the same game he is calling to see he needs to go.

Dwight Schrute
03-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Those are strong words of criticism. I agree that the team is under achieving and that yes, ultimatley, the coach is the first to go. But I think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction. He is only one cog in the orginizational wheel. Management, coaches, and players all have to bear the responsibility. Anholt is a good coach and is well respected in hockey circles. Pinning the lack of success on him is the easy way out. I think waiting another year to see what happens would be sensible. IMHO.
true but do you really want to see him hinder the development of some of these good young players ? doucet archibald depape ? these kids have a lot of skill in their own way but they arent developing, why ? would they have more success inder a differant coach ? i do believe anholt is a good coach but maybe not for a rebuilding teamlike next year

FELIX17
03-02-2006, 06:38 AM
lol i love that. drew wilson doesnt call a GAME VERY WELL. just out of curiosity i brought a lillte radio and headphones to a couple games this year to see how wilson called it. man how did he get hired. munzie is too good for the whl anymore and we got spoiled listening to him but, 900 ckbi needs only to watch and listen to the same game he is calling to see he needs to go.

Brian Munz is an arrogant *********. I'm glad he left the team. He thinks he's hots*** and I can't really understand why. Look at him. What he's bald and looks like he's 50? I agree, Wilson is brutal. It is hard to listen to the games with comments like "in about three hours we will know tonights outcome." Who says that? Bring back Kevin Winters, I always thought he did a great job.

Tinner
03-02-2006, 07:00 AM
knowing Peter from his days in Red Deer, it seems like that much has not changed. If Clark is not the answer as GM, is it time to move Pete up and is Manson capable of coaching? One has to remember that these guys know hockey and can teach but can they relate!

Triton
03-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Brian Munz is an arrogant *********. I'm glad he left the team. He thinks he's hots*** and I can't really understand why. Look at him. What he's bald and looks like he's 50? I agree, Wilson is brutal. It is hard to listen to the games with comments like "in about three hours we will know tonights outcome." Who says that? Bring back Kevin Winters, I always thought he did a great job.

PBP guys are always arrogant,no matter where you go.As far as knowing the material and the league inside and out Munzi was awesome.Drew Wilson gets so excited about a dump and chase.He literally screams on the radio and it's starting to kill my ears.I'm really getting sick of hearing "and he'll dump it out of Raider territory" or "the Raiders will make a change on the fly",or when Deckert makes a big save he'll say "good golly miss molly,Deckert isn't no reefer,but he did manage to stone the opposition".

BRING BACK MUNZI OR MORELY JAEGER!

FELIX17
03-02-2006, 10:00 AM
PBP guys are always arrogant,no matter where you go.As far as knowing the material and the league inside and out Munzi was awesome.Drew Wilson gets so excited about a dump and chase.He literally screams on the radio and it's starting to kill my ears.I'm really getting sick of hearing "and he'll dump it out of Raider territory" or "the Raiders will make a change on the fly",or when Deckert makes a big save he'll say "good golly miss molly,Deckert isn't no reefer,but he did manage to stone the opposition".

BRING BACK MUNZI OR MORELY JAEGER!

Not all PBP guys are arrogant. Munz hands down is the most arrogant person I have ever met. Unless you're some celebrity/sports icon he looks down on you. Believe me I've spent enough time with him to know what he's like. I still remember when I was in Halifax last October and listening to the Raider's/Kelowna game on the internet, Munzi was still around and Drew Wilson was his colour man for the game in Kelowna. (PA was on their west coast swing.) Wilson was introduced as the replacement for Munz. I listened to him and thought, "this guy is terrible, maybe he'll get better with some more experience." You would think after almost 2 seasons under his belt, he would have improved. I'm sure the fans in Trail are happy they don't have to listen to him anymore. Listening to 900 in Saskatoon is somewhat of an adventure. It doesn't come in that clear. Having the distortion makes Wilson sound better, if that's possible.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Not all PBP guys are arrogant. Munz hands down is the most arrogant person I have ever met. Unless you're some celebrity/sports icon he looks down on you. Believe me I've spent enough time with him to know what he's like. I still remember when I was in Halifax last October and listening to the Raider's/Kelowna game on the internet, Munzi was still around and Drew Wilson was his colour man for the game in Kelowna. (PA was on their west coast swing.) Wilson was introduced as the replacement for Munz. I listened to him and thought, "this guy is terrible, maybe he'll get better with some more experience." You would think after almost 2 seasons under his belt, he would have improved. I'm sure the fans in Trail are happy they don't have to listen to him anymore. Listening to 900 in Saskatoon is somewhat of an adventure. It doesn't come in that clear. Having the distortion makes Wilson sound better, if that's possible.
yeah i love this line "and the raiders change on the fly" when it should be "and they grind it to center dump it in and oh here is the change with no forechecker going after the puck". as far as munz being arrogant wouldnt know cause i never met him but, based on the on air job that he did and the fact he has moved up in the ranks and now does the pre game for edmonton oilers, id say he is doing his job. drew wilson paints his picture every game regardless if he is close to the truth or not. munzi's on air performance was above average quality for the league. i wanna see drew wilson gone as well. hell lets bring in chris schlenker to do the show, he's good. you guys remember the schlenker show right ?

Zookeeper
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
My vote is for Chris

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
How about Donn Mitchell? Maybe he can come over. If this happened, I would never listen to another game. :p
no we dont need don mitchell picking the 3 stars every game. he would continue to give chipchura 1st star every time next year while he is up in the montreal system. i think he even gave him first star when he was gone to the world juniors

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Does anybody think anholt knew how to coach with out the red line this year ?