PDA

View Full Version : Ben Maxwell

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi guys,
I go to the same school as Ben Maxwell and Gilbert Brule went to (They were at the school when I started) and I'm just wondering how you think Ben Maxwell is doing.

I saw him in Vancouver when they were playing Van. and he looked pretty good, and I expect him to be a first/second round pick in the NHL entry draft!

Thoughts?

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2006, 12:26 AM
i hear he has skills and a good shot but is a perimeter player doesnt battle or go in front of the net, doesnt dig for pucks in the corners. im not sure how tough or strong the kid is but, he is still young and i have only seen him a handful of times.

In the crowd
03-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I think Maxwell is pretty good at digging the puck out of corners, but he doesn't stand in front of the net much. He plays the point on the power play so that keeps him away from the net

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I think Maxwell is pretty good at digging the puck out of corners, but he doesn't stand in front of the net much. He plays the point on the power play so that keeps him away from the net
Yeah, from the game I saw him in, he was more on the point then the net.

fightstrap50
03-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I gotta say that Ben has loads of talent and can really dazzle you with the puck. He has great hands and broad vision on the ice.

He can skate, he can shoot, he can do it all. His size and grittyness leave a little to be desired but nothing serious at all as he does dig and scrum.

He only needs to realize that he can be a star in this league and start playing like it. From what we seen of him last year to the start of this season, I thought he'd hit 40 goals and 85 points. Once Ben has higher confidence in his abbility he will definetly be a huge asset to the pro level and even bigger to the Ice organization.

He will probly move on to be the captain if Russel is not here the year after next and will play a huge role both on and off the ice.

As for his time on the point on the power play, he is just the player you need back there. He has a wicked one timer and a good hard wrist shot. But whats even better is he is very very fast and can catch up when pucks slip past him. I cant count how many times Maxwell has caught up on a two on one situation and ruined the scoring chances.

I really like Bens play and hope he can pick it up for the playoffs and excell again. He will definetly be a drafted player and play in the show one day.

GO ICE GO!!!