PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Hockey League Fundraiser for Special Cause

nivek_wahs
03-02-2006, 02:13 AM
From www.whl.ca:

Ontario Hockey League Fundraiser for Special Cause
Created: Mar 1, 2006

The Ottawa 67's along with help from the Ottawa Senators and the Ontario Hockey League are organizing a hockey memorabilia on-line auction in support of Sebastien Savage. All proceeds from the Hockey Country Auction will go to Sebastien Savage, the former Mississauga IceDogs, Sudbury Wolves, Brampton Battalion and Ottawa 67’s player who was left quadriplegic after a tragic fall during a hockey game while playing for Université de Moncton, on October 22, 2005.

We need your help in making the Hockey Country Auction for Sebastien Savage a smashing success!

Visit www.ottawa67s.com for more information.

Among the items being auctioned in support of Sebastien are autographed NHL jerseys, including ones from Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby and Martin Brodeur. All game worn jerseys from the 2006 Top Prospects game have been donated to the auction by the Canadian Hockey League and all game worn jerseys from the 2006 Bell Classic All-Star game have been donated by the Ontario Hockey League.

Sebastien Savage Stay Strong pucks are also on sale on the website, with all those purchasing one being entered in a draw for a collector’s jersey.

Visit www.hockeycountryauction.ca to view the items up for auction and to register to participate. The auction starts March 31st.

----
I personally think that this is an awesome idea. It's great to have this much support for a former player (too bad it had to happen over such tragic circumstances).

Kevin

iamcdn
04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I felt this needed to be bumped up.

I was looking around the site and there are a few WHL items that have yet to be bid on (mainly the Prospect Jerseys). There are also several NHL items, some which are former WHLers.

Money raised is looking good so far.

Kristi
04-15-2006, 10:32 AM
They raised $69,003.68 for this auction!

I bought the Brady Calla Top Prospect jeresy and I know the other three Everett ones were bought by Everett fans.

Did anyone else who posts here get anything in the auction?

nelson951
04-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Fortunatelt there is no CAP on medical treatment in canada