PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this team?

Sput
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
:confused: Anyone have any guesses? Is it coaching?, Lack of commitment by the older guys? Lack of overall talent? There must be a lot of armchair coaches on here that have lots of opinions. Lets get something started here.

Jovorock
02-05-2005, 07:07 PM
The Cougars have the toughest travel schedule in the league by far, they must be noted for that. After the trade deadline all they collected was big defensemen, is that going to get them goals?

I have only seen them twice this year, before the trades and after. I can only guess but they don't look any better IMO.

Hitmen1
02-06-2005, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen the Cougars play but it seems that they lack offensive punch, I guess I seen the game against the Canes last week on TV and they looked out of gas. Jovo is right about the travel...it is a clear disadvantage to the cougars. How many hours is the closest road game for the Cougars? How has Rogers looked? He is a good dman but was hurt most of this year in Calgary.

grumphy
02-06-2005, 04:04 PM
As was sstated last week, on thier trip through the central division, thier style of play, (goonish hockey), does not contribute to winning hockey. This team might have a chance playing 5 on 5 but it is pretty hard to score when you are shorthanded most of the time.
Clean thier act up and I think they could be competitive.

Bob in Everett
02-07-2005, 11:52 PM
You already got 3 of 3 against the Tips so for, will that continue? The Tips seem to be over their january funk.