PDA

View Full Version : Pats problems...

Fight Guy
02-05-2005, 01:56 PM
There are a couple things taht I can point out that would make Regina more successful. Last night against MJ (and in games in the past), they have been out shot badly in the first or first two periods. They havent done well those periods. But in the third, the Pats starting playing alot better and the fans got much more into the game. This better play was somewhat do to shotting the puck. I dont understand why the Pats have to sit around and pass it when they can shoot on net and have a player out front waiting for a possible rebound or be ready to try and whack it in. But they insist on passing it around and getting 1 shot on a PP. Alos, on the PP they should be using the time and getting into the zone as fast as possible. Instead, they take the puck behind the net and set up for a break out where they will liekly just lose or they will dump it in and no one will skate for it. If the Pats would just shoot when they have the chance rather than passing it 10 times before there is a shot, they would defiently have more success in scoring. Thats my 2 cents.

Fight Guy
02-06-2005, 08:06 PM
i agree with you,there powerplay should use more shots ,and possibly let bubnick quarter back it,he has decent vision.they need a first pass d man to especially on the powerplay and i dont think reiner is it. (not slamming just a opinon)
Im assuming Reiner is Reinhart?

Furback
02-06-2005, 10:55 PM
They do need a quarter back on the pp who knows maybe with there first pick in the bantom draft they will get one.

hollcan
02-07-2005, 07:53 AM
It was with great forsight that the Pats back in November gave Paul Albers his release from this insanity by trading him to Vancouver. Although Albers was no tough guy they realized what good is having a puck-handling, pin-point passing, hard-shooting set-up man on the PP, when nobody can handle a pass or will go in front of the net for a rebound. As a result they now have Schenn and Albers thanks God everyday for his good luck being able to play 30 minutes a game, PP & PK and on a team with as good a chance as any to get the Memorial Cup.

witness
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
They can shoot as many times as you want. They have nobody going to the front of the net to create any traffic. I was frustrated watching the MJ game. The only player that was willing to take the punishment to go to the net was MacDonald. The smallest player on the Pats roster (mind you none of them are big). They did a better job against Calgary, more specifically Rypien.
With the Albers trade, they kept saying they needed size. I don't disagree. But, having your two biggest players (Schenn and Linekar) injuried for 90% of the season really hurts. It is unfortunate that Schenn is hurt, because the bottom line is Albers is playing and Schenn is not.

Fight Guy
02-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes...the fact that there is pretty much never someone infront of the net ready to whack it in or get a rebound really frudtartes me...instead they pass it around the back of the net and try to skate in fromt he side...which seems to not work at all. The Calagary game saw Pats infornt fo the net lots...and because of it, there were several great chances to put the puck past the goalie. If the Pats play the way they did against Calgary the rest fo the season, then they wont have any problems winning. Hopefully they keep doing what they did on Saturday.

Furback
02-07-2005, 05:00 PM
ya you guys are right though its not just one thing pats need alot of work but like i said if they have a good draft for the next couple years they could be cup threats a couple years down the road.