PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs all but eliminated

LifelongChiefsFan
03-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Well, they played desperate (I think??) over the last week or so but to no avail. They just didn't have it this year. Too bad really, I don't think they are as bad as their record indicates...but I've thought that the last 2 years as well, so maybe I'm just kidding myself. It'll be interesting to see how the Chiefs' young stars rebound next year. Ryan, Bowman, and Hobson should put up even better numbers next year than they have this year. Wahl is going to be a good one I think. Our goalies/Defense will be a year older. I'm not sure though if Grabner/Salmonsson will be back next year. I think its feasible that they both could be gone. If one leaves the Chiefs should get a good pick in the import draft this year (either 1st, 2nd, 4th or 5th I'm not sure which league picks first this year). At least the Chiefs don't have to worry about having too many 20 year olds. Maybe next season they will go out and get one. I still feel that getting another one this year instead of trading Klassen away might have made a huge difference. But I guess we will never know. Anyway, it's been a fun season and there's still some time left. Just dissapointing that the Chiefs will finish on the outside once again.

Jimmypop316
03-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm almost certain Salmo will be gone next year, I don't think they will like him taking an OA spot as well as one of their import spots especially since they can get a very very high pick this year in the import draft. Its too bad too because he was really picking his game up since he came back from the WJC

Not to mention theres also that expansion draft.. going to be interesting who we drop. Because of the goalie depth I'm guessing Stehr might be one to leave, who knows though, its going ot be an interesting off-season.

Its going to be interesting thats for sure, I'm already excited for next year, but hey still going to enjoy these last 4 home games, should be interesting to see how they play. Also going to go up to Cranbrook to watch the finale up there, its always a nice atmosphere, and if they lose, I'm used to that so oh well, hockey is hockey.

I heard a rumour that the ice might be green on the season finale here against Kootenay for st. pattys day? That would be absolutely nuts if they could pull that off.

Section_Z
03-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Kept us to 1-0...great effort by the Chiefs....
It'll take a miracle from here, though....

rezstyle
03-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I heard a rumour that the ice might be green on the season finale here against Kootenay for st. pattys day? That would be absolutely nuts if they could pull that off.

If they do, I hope they work the bugs out Everrett (I believe) had earlier this year when they went with pink ice for cancer awareness??. Heard the ice was horrible, pucks were coming to a complete stop and many players overskated the puck.

Jimmypop316
03-07-2006, 12:20 PM
If they do, I hope they work the bugs out Everrett (I believe) had earlier this year when they went with pink ice for cancer awareness??. Heard the ice was horrible, pucks were coming to a complete stop and many players overskated the puck.

They officially announced it on the website yesterday. Hopefully nothing is too bad. Oh well if is, not like we have to worry about it costing us a game or anything ;)

LifelongChiefsFan
03-07-2006, 07:26 PM
They officially announced it on the website yesterday. Hopefully nothing is too bad. Oh well if is, not like we have to worry about it costing us a game or anything ;)

Lol, no joke. If anything it might help!! HAHAHA!!!