PDA

View Full Version : Improbable but not impossible

Kamfan
03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Bottom line the Blazers have to garner 2 more points in their next 4 games (1 home, 1 road each against the Giants and Rockets) than the Cougars do in their next 5 (2 home vs Tips, 2 at TC, 1 at Spokane). That would put them 2 points back going into the final game of the season for both teams, in Kamloops.

Making it even more unlikely though, is that Everett will hardly be giving it their all this weekend, having already all but clinched 1st in the US Division. And by the time the Cougars get to southeast Washington, the Chiefs will have been eliminated from playoff contention and the Ams already guaranteed a spot.

Meanwhile the Giants are busy holding off the Rockets for 1st in the BC Division and the Ice are nipping at the Rockets heels for 2nd, so the Blazers will likely be getting their best games.

My prediction? The Blazers will take 5 points in their next 4 games and the Cougars 6 in their next 5, leaving the Blazers 5 points back going into the March 19th game. The Blazers will win that one, finishing 3 back at 76 points.

scamperdog
03-05-2006, 10:02 PM
the biggest hurdle for the Blazers is the two games against Van this weekend, Kelowna won't be easy but at least they always seem to get up for those games, As for the Tips against PG I would think that Constantine would want his team firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs, when PG goes to the states that will be when when we will be in trouble Americans might beat them but Spokane you never know what they are going to do.

Section_Z
03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
sorry you're out fellas....I hope the playoff structure changes for the better next year when the Bruins get here...

KBF
03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
This isn't something I'd ever imagine happening, Cougar fans are acting like they won the damn Memorial Cup. Pretty sad, and they also are happy by blowing another game tonite and losing a point and they consider that a bonus lol oh well, thats PG for ya.