PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Hitmen VS Regina Pats

Mileflames
02-05-2005, 03:45 PM
The Calgary Hitmen (27-18-6-3) head to Regina to take on the Pats (11-36-3-4) tonight.

The Hitmen, who sit fourth in the Central division, beat Brandon 5-3 last night and are 6-4 in their last 10 outings. Dustin Kohn (6g-29a) is tied for sixth among WHL defencemen in scoring.

The Pats, who sit fourth in the East division, fell 4-2 to Moose Jaw last night and are winless in their last 13 games. The Pats are 6-17-3 on home ice this season.

It’s the fourth meeting of the season between the teams. Calgary has won all three previous encounters with the Pats this season.

Fight Guy
02-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Im hoping the Pats come out to play the whole game and get lots of shots. Thats the only way they are going to get goals. They have to stop passing the puck as much as they do. Should be a good game though. LAst game was exciting after the first period.

The_Vulk
02-05-2005, 05:14 PM
...They have to stop passing the puck as much as they do...
Sadly, when the Hitmen are on home ice, they too pass the puck way too much. It is something alot of teams tend to do.

Don't know if they just want to impress the home crowd or what? But if they sometimes played more like they do on the road, their home record would be alot better.

RunTheGoalie
02-05-2005, 08:21 PM
1-0 late in the second for the Hitmen. Sounds like the Pats are being difficult tonight.

ScottyWazz
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Look at Pushy getting some late game magic in there to win it.

I tell you something, they need to start winning games in a much more convincing fashion if they want to take some momentum into the playoffs.

Daryl
02-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Not much Spence talk....just thought he deserved a congrats for heading in after a month off and playing solid. With performances like that you gotta feel good about the goaltending for the next few years.

Hitmen1
02-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I have to agree with you Daryl. What a great game by Spence...I was worried he would be alittle rusty playing for the first time in 7 weeks but he did well. It wasn't a great game by the Hitmen but a win is a win. Now they have some time off before playing the Giants on Wednesday. Hopefully they can have some healthy guys back in the lineup.

Post game wrap from the sun:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/02/06/922090-sun.html

Fight Guy
02-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Both Spence and Reekie played awsome. And I myself was very impressd with the Pats tonight. They came out and played a full game of hockey. It was a great game to watch. If the Pats can come out with a performance like that every night, the Pats will have no problem with the Warriors.

RunTheGoalie
02-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Glad we won, but that is not the kind of effort that will pass against a better team.