PDA

View Full Version : Swift Current Game

Nature Boy
03-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought that the Refing in the Swift Current game was absolutely brutal. Zalaski wasn't even looking at the play and would call penalties. The Gillies one for kneeing the Swift player doged him and went down. Gillies never even touched the Swift guy and Zalaski called it. On the Rebels disallowed goal that would have won the game it was in the net. The net was knocked off but the Swift Current player had knocked the net off. That is a minor for delay of game. On Henry's major and a game for cross checking, i will agree it was to the head but the guy got right back up and wanted to fight. At the most Henry should have gotten four minutes. Then in overtime Kris gets high sticked behind the net and was cut and bleeding and they said he wasn't cut. How can you bleed without being cut. Then when Teddy and the Swift guy were in front of the Swift net. The swift guy punched Teddy in the face and Zalaski was already in the Rebels Zone not even looking back at those two. Then in the Shoot out Hunter had to reach back and pick up the puck. I understand when it hit the post and then hit Reimer it was still a live puck but the rule clearly states the player must maintain forward momentum. Zalaski and the one Linesman were absolutely brutal.

It makes me ashamed as a ref to call Zalaski a certified Referee

What do you guys think of the Refing and the game.

SectionNDeserter
03-06-2006, 06:13 PM
On the Rebels disallowed goal that would have won the game it was in the net. The net was knocked off but the Swift Current player had knocked the net off.Actually one Swift Current player knocked the net off, and a second one grabbed it with his hands and lifted it off at the same time. That has to be called delay of game, or the goal allowed.

On Henry's major and a game for cross checking, i will agree it was to the head but the guy got right back up and wanted to fight. At the most Henry should have gotten four minutes.It was probably good enough for 4, or a major, though so was the check from behind on Sutter that started it. Had the official been doing his job, the players wouldn't have to do it for him.

Then in overtime Kris gets high sticked behind the net and was cut and bleeding and they said he wasn't cut. How can you bleed without being cut. Then when Teddy and the Swift guy were in front of the Swift net. The swift guy punched Teddy in the face and Zalaski was already in the Rebels Zone not even looking back at those two.Was really more of a crosscheck to the head than a punch, just like Henry's.... I was more worried for the safety of the players as he lost more and more control of the game. I am sure that the game will be reviewed by the WHL and he will be disciplined, but that isn't going to change the outcome of the game now. I think that if that ref wasn't paid off by someone, he could quite possibly be the dumbest person on earth.

mapletoft
03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
SecNDes says it all. It was really frustrating sitting there as a fan. How do the players keep their cool? I would have enjoyed hearing everything Sutter had to say to Zalaski. How can a ref not call anything on the Versteeg play? OK he was maybe looking but Zalaski's head wasn't in the game. Lets say he realizes that...can't he change his mind by talking it over with a linseman. He must have known that he did a brutal job in reffing. He was the entertainment...which should never happen!

He will be remembered if he comes into the Centrium again!

SectionNDeserter
03-06-2006, 07:03 PM
He will be remembered if he comes into the Centrium again!I don't think they harbour any ill feelings towards him, in fact several fellows in my section offered to give him a ride home!

RebelsGirl
03-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Could Jordan Henry be suspended for his cross checking incident? The Rebels really don't need him on the sidelines.

SectionNDeserter
03-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Could Jordan Henry be suspended for his cross checking incident? The Rebels really don't need him on the sidelines.Unlikely, I am sure the WHL just wants to put this eyesore of a game behind them.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
WHL.ca is reporting that Henry received a one game suspension for the incident on Saturday.

SectionNDeserter
03-07-2006, 06:18 PM
WHL.ca is reporting that Henry received a one game suspension for the incident on Saturday.In a way that is good, brings more attention to what an incredibly poor job Zalaski did in the game. Will be interesting to see what suspensions the Swift Current players get.

RebelsGirl
03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Well at least its only one game and not 3 or so. But he is missing a crucial game vs the Hitmen. I guess we'll see how they fair having Henry out of the line up for the first time since hes been here.

SectionNDeserter
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Well at least its only one game and not 3 or so. But he is missing a crucial game vs the Hitmen. I guess we'll see how they fair having Henry out of the line up for the first time since hes been here.Doesn't much matter at this point, but it would be nice to play the role of spoiler.