PDA

View Full Version : Awards Banquet set for March 20th

Scout
03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
6 March 2006
Broncos Awards Banquet Fast Approaching
The Swift Current Broncos announced on Monday that the team's Annual Awards Banquet is set to take place on Monday, March 20th, 2006 in the Canadian Room at the Centennial Civic Centre.
The evening will consist of a supper, a silent and live auction, speeches from members of the Broncos organization, as well as the announcements of the 2005/06 Award winners. The following awards will be distributed at the Banquet:

MVP - Season
Top Defenseman
Top Scorer
Most Sportsmanlike Player
Rookie of the Year
Most Improved Player
And Many More

Tickets are on sale at the Bronco Souvenir Store for just $25. Cocktails are scheduled for 6:00pm, with supper to follow at 7:00pm, and the Awards Banquet will kick off at 8:00pm.

For more information contact:
Corey Nyhagen, Dir. of Sales/Marketing, S. C. Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 3
Brad Boutilier, PR/Game Day Operations Coordinator, S.C. Broncos 773-1509, Ext. 9

sectionL
03-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Here are my picks for those awards
MVP - Season-Moir gives us a chance to win most games, the others he steals
Top Defenseman-from the beginning of the year-rumsey, after trade deadline-crowley
Top Scorer-Lukacevic
Most Sportsmanlike Player-Lloyd or Hunter
Rookie of the Year Nelson, would have been harder to pick if Bortis would have stayed healthy
Most Improved Player Schenderling
Best Forward: Levi Nelson
Best Defensive Forward: Luke Hunter
Best Defensive Defenceman: Rumsey
Best Agitator: Aspenlind
Best Shot: Lukacevic
Best Passer: Lukacevic
Best Faceoff Man: Hunter
Most Exciting Player to Watch: Tidball, Lukacevic
Most Surprising Player: Postma
Most Disappointing Player: Hengen
Toughest Player: Tidball
Best Fighter: Tidball
Best Hitter/Body-checker: Crowley
Fan Favorite: Hunter
Best Shot At The NHL: Kyle Moir
Best Prospects: Bortis, Nelson, Postma, Benke
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall): Rumsey, didnt start scoring and stopped fighting
Players With The Most Potential/Upside: Bortis and Nelson

Toswammi
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Biggest Disappointment This Year (overall): Rumsey, didnt start scoring and stopped fighting

Wow i hate this reasoning. First off, why does everybody want one of our top two defenseman fighting? He is far more useful when he is on the ice against the opponents top lines, not in the box for 5+ minutes. And didnt start scoring. Come on. Has anyone here seriously thought that Myles would start scoring a ton of goals. The guy doesnt see pp time for a reason. Its not his game. Defensive defenseman yeah, not no offensive one.

sectionL
03-07-2006, 11:47 AM
lets think back when was rumsey most effective a year ago, when he was intimadating guys by playing no fear hockey, he would get into people's faces and wouldn't back down, and as far as scoring goes he should have a whole lot more points as in assists when he is one of our top dmen, this means being able to make a first pass that leads to assists.

Toswammi
03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
but you dont have to fight to be in ppls faces. I watched him in the lethbridge game and man he played mean, and got into there faces. I dont think you have to fight to play tough.

sectionL
03-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree you don't have to fight to be in someone's face, but inevitably your going to be asked to go and when you decline, the guy is going to know he owns you, instead of thinking that man I should back off before he closes my eyes.

Chuckles
03-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I totally disagree i think its good you gotta stand up for you but if your going off for a guy who see the ice maybe a couple shifts a period you don't want that trade. Play your gritty style be rough and tumble and sometimes it shows more power to walk away. Not saying i don't like seeing rummer drop his gloves i love seeing that boy throw em. But you have to pick you oppurtinties.

ointhecreek
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I totally disagree i think its good you gotta stand up for you but if your going off for a guy who see the ice maybe a couple shifts a period you don't want that trade. Play your gritty style be rough and tumble and sometimes it shows more power to walk away. Not saying i don't like seeing rummer drop his gloves i love seeing that boy throw em. But you have to pick you oppurtinties.
He hasn't picked any. How many fights has he gotten into this year? From what I watched, he hasn't challenged anyone Since Tidball gave him a licken at the start of the year. Makes me think he's gunshy now. I agree with section L. Use to be one of my favourit players Now he's one of the worst for having his passes blocked, although last game here was better. Can't see him cracking the Flames roster, but I hope he proves me wrong.

CrazyGeorge
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Fighting and being rough are two seperate ideas. We have Tiball as a fighter because that's what he does, that's what he excells at but to expect Rumsey to be dropping the mits more is taking one of our leaders on defence off the ice. We can't expect our leaders on the back end to be dropping the mits. We have some some tough defencemen in Rumsey, Crowley, and Larochelle. We need those players out their for penalty kill and playing against other teams top lines. We can't afford having those guys sitting for 5 or more because good old Dean wants some more fighting. I think Section L needs to rephrase his comment from having Rumsey and company fighting more but rather our defencemen in general to remain physical and maintain a tough attitude out on the ice. Tidball is a fighter and I know Benke can be a fighter if he choses to be but he's only 17 and needs to develop into a big strong defensive defensmen.

We can't start expecting our guys to be dropping the mits more regardless who does that because even though we have a pretty solid penalty kill, after a while it's going to catch up to us. We need to maintain a certain level of toughness and physicalness to intimidate other teams. That's what we need to be doing not fighting. A fight every now and then is good see, I'm not saying other wise, but we just can't affort to be doing that consistently. Looking forward to the remained of the season...