PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Wild Recalls Josh Harding

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Minnesota Wild President and General Manager Doug Risebrough announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled goalie Josh Harding from the American Hockey League’s (AHL) Houston Aeros.

Harding, 21 (6/18/84), was in the midst of his second AHL season with the Aeros prior to his call-up. The native of Regina, Saskatchewan has 27 wins in 36 games with Houston this season and ranks second in the AHL in both wins and save percentage (.923).

Harding paced the Aeros with 21 wins and was fifth in the league with a 2.01 goals-against-average in 2004-05, his first season with Houston.

Originally selected by the Wild in the second round (38th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Harding was the first goalie ever drafted by the franchise. He will wear sweater number 29 with Minnesota.

Fight Guy
03-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Yep...pretty sweet. Was the first thing I thought when they traded Roloson. He's their new back up and Im sure he will get his chance to play very soon. Actually, i'm pretty sure he will start this Friday, as they play the Blues. Awsome to see him in the NHL now.

nivek_wahs
03-09-2006, 12:25 AM
That's awesome news! I hope he gets a few starts... but seeing that the Wild are in a major playoff race right now, he might not get much action until the Wild are in or out of the playoffs. But, here's hoping he gets a chance to prove himself in the Show! :thumb: