PDA

View Full Version : Who's Comin N Goin in 2006 - Overagers

SeventhHeaven4U
03-08-2006, 07:52 PM
With this season heading into playoffs, it makes me think about next season already!! Am I the only one seeing a some serious problems in the Warrior club with them having 7 overagers and the loss of Brouwer, Fecho, and Hansen!!?

I honestly believe it would be a mistake to let either Simpson or Zetariuk go. Jesse has had a great season since coming from the Rebels, too bad MJ didn't get him sooner. They both can give the Warriors the leadership and solid defense needed to make for another shot at the pennant.

Boyd, Jones, Svensson, Gillen.... Gillen I consider expendable... sorry Gillen fans! I'm glad I'm not the one making these upcoming decisions!! From what I've seen, I'm sorry to say Svensson, Leslie, Gillen, and Jones would be my choices to trade.

:groovy: Warriors Eat Wheaties 4 Brekkie!! :wave:

skinnyhead
03-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Boyd, Jones, Svensson, Gillen.... Gillen I consider expendable... sorry Gillen fans! I'm glad I'm not the one making these upcoming decisions!! From what I've seen, I'm sorry to say Svensson, Leslie, Gillen, and Jones would be my choices to trade.

Thank god your not making the decisions

Warrior Fan
03-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Gillen simpson and Zetariuk will be our overagers unless we manage to get lucky with Jones.
Leslie won't be here as a 20. I can't see them going with a 20 year old backup. He is here for this season and that is it. He will be moved next season. Gillen will be staying. We will have an injection of youth next season
Haag, Hull, Nyren, Hoehn, Prokop, Grecica, Labreche will all be forwards looking for spots on this squad.
Hamonic, Suer, Trebish, Maetche, Stanton(played last night) will all be Dmen looking for spots.

We will have....
Grundling Chapman Erhardt Simpson Zetariuk all returning as well.

Wray Smith Holzapfel McArdle Gillen Robinson Bast Svennson(hard to say) Herman McKenzie will all be returning to the Warrior team as forwards next season.

That really doesn't leave a ton of open spots.

Svennson Wray McArdle could be Jones if we are lucky
Herman Smith Holzapfel
Robinson Bast McKenzie
Grecica Prokop Labreche
Hull, Haag, Nyren Will be fighting it out for a spot

Grundling Simpson
Zetariuk Chapman
Erhard

Sutter, Suer, Trebish, Maetche, Stanton Hamonic will be battling for 2 spots available.

We have 3 spots up front plus the spare and we have 2 spots on the backend available. We are losing a ton of scoring but we have a ton of potential scoring coming up as well. Lots and lots of depth at this point.

Triton
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Thank god your not making the decisions

You have to bear with him...he's from Lethbridge

Hatguy
03-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Let's not talk about next season just yet! We still have the playoffs!

patsdude114
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Warrior Fan]
Leslie won't be here as a 20. I can't see them going with a 20 year old backup. He is here for this season and that is it. He will be moved next season. QUOTE]

How can you be so certain the Warriors started the season with a 20 yr old backup goalie this season in Josh Lepp, Mj would of been ALOT better if they had gotten rid of him in Sept and added either a 20 yr old forward or Dman to there line-up alot earlier then the trade deadline...

Id be more worried about getting your new stadium going then worrying about nexted season. The city of Edmonton cant wait till the stadium is a no go cause the Warriors will be moving to the City of Champions. Its going to be really hard for the government to step in and give the city of Moose Jaw considering this province can use so much more then a new multiplex in 1 of Saskatchewans smallest cities.

Tell me this how is the government going to explain to the public that there going to give the city of MJ so many million dollars to help with there new multiplex when there are how many non hockey fans out there????

It will be a little lower key then when the NHL was trying to get the Government of Canada to lower the taxes on NHL players/NHL teams in Canada to help save hockey in Canada small markets...Didnt work the Government is still taxing NHL players/teams the same amount cause the Government didnt want to have to explain to the rest of Canada that there going to drop some taxes for millionaires but not us hard working Canadians...

all i gotta say is good lcuk Moose Jaw at saving the Warriors cause the odds are against you BIG TIME.

SeventhHeaven4U
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I thought this may be of interest in response to the Warriors going to Edmonton, posted on another board 10-19-2005, 08:47 PM:

"Moose Jaw, Swift Current, and Prince Albert aren't going anywhere. They're community owned teams, and when the Oilers put some big money on the table to try and buy a WHL team a couple years back to move to Edmonton, none of these teams took it. Why? Because no one really makes any profit off of the sale. The benefits of having a local team far outweighed the little money each shareholder would've recieved.

Saskatchewan is absolutely maxed out for hockey franchises. The SJHL operates in the next largest string of communities and does quite well. Swift is smaller than Yorkton (the 5th largest Sask city), Lloyd, and North Battleford (I believe, or at least the Battlefords in general), but it is in such a remote location as far as other Sask communities that the WHL is really the only viable league option for them. Lloydminister and Yorkton are pretty fast growing communities, with Lloyd mainly expanding on the Alberta side due to tax differences, and could be potential WHL sites in the future, although Yorkton has the Terriers of the SJHL and Lloyd the Bobcats of the AJHL already. If you wanted a team close to Brandon, and move eastward, Yorkton is the only possible solution in Saskatchewan, and IMHO, Winnipeg is the only possible solution in Manitoba."[

What makes you so sure Moose Jaw is going to change their mind and sell out now?? It will take alot of hard work on the community and the club's part to make the new rink a reality, but I believe that if the Warrior's management puts more effort into media relations to boost interest in Warrior hockey, then they have a go at it.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat disappointed in their website. Being from out of town, I rely alot on what the media has to say and what I find on the website. I try to attend as many games as I can, but it's difficult when you live 6hrs away :( Someone please tell me that I'm wrong in saying that the people in MJ don't seem too interested in their hockey team! I come on here and see loads of SC and Pats fans, but the Warrior fans seem to be few and far between and don't have a whole lot to say!! Where is the Warrior pride in that city!?

:burningma GET THE HELL OUT THERE AND CHEER YOUR TEAM ON!!!! THEY NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!! WARRIORS EAT WHEATIES FOR BREAKFAST!!!! :groovy:

patsdude114
03-14-2006, 05:56 PM
the WHL has already said there giving Moose Jaw a time frame to get there stadium going and if it isnt started (by which ever date they have given the Warriors) the MJ Warriors will be yanked out of MJ..... the league has the power to do that to community owned teams.

I myself would love to see MJ stick around there a big rival is my Regina Pats and is always a treat to watch those games.

Unfortunately i do believe that once the pulp mill shuts down in PA that will also effect the Raiders in the long run and could very well run the Raiders out of PA also.

With the raising costs of fuel, hotels, eating out etc.... these small market teams such as MJ, PA, Swift Current are going to hurt the most cause they cant get those attendance draws in the 4,000 like Regina and Saskatoon can.. hell MJ even struggles to sell out there small stadium on the best of nights not to mention when they play a team with lesser interest by the fans such as Red Deer, Kamloops and such for examples

Warrior Fan
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Those are the guys that made up this board. You can't really put much stake in that.

Also the Warriors fan base is ever growing and the attendance is showing a huge increase in support at all age levels. of course there is room for improvement but it is a step in the right direction. Make those youngsters fans and they will become season ticket holders over the next few seasons.
All good news really.
The rink will get built for sure and time will tell where it goes from there.

I agree that the website and media coverage just flat out stinks when it comes to covering the Warriors but that is all business and the Times Herald(worst newspaper in the world) does a crap job covering internal events. I check everywhere else for news on the Warriors before I go to the Warrior site and the Times. Just me I guess.

I thought this may be of interest in response to the Warriors going to Edmonton, posted on another board 10-19-2005, 08:47 PM:

"Moose Jaw, Swift Current, and Prince Albert aren't going anywhere. They're community owned teams, and when the Oilers put some big money on the table to try and buy a WHL team a couple years back to move to Edmonton, none of these teams took it. Why? Because no one really makes any profit off of the sale. The benefits of having a local team far outweighed the little money each shareholder would've recieved.

Saskatchewan is absolutely maxed out for hockey franchises. The SJHL operates in the next largest string of communities and does quite well. Swift is smaller than Yorkton (the 5th largest Sask city), Lloyd, and North Battleford (I believe, or at least the Battlefords in general), but it is in such a remote location as far as other Sask communities that the WHL is really the only viable league option for them. Lloydminister and Yorkton are pretty fast growing communities, with Lloyd mainly expanding on the Alberta side due to tax differences, and could be potential WHL sites in the future, although Yorkton has the Terriers of the SJHL and Lloyd the Bobcats of the AJHL already. If you wanted a team close to Brandon, and move eastward, Yorkton is the only possible solution in Saskatchewan, and IMHO, Winnipeg is the only possible solution in Manitoba."[

What makes you so sure Moose Jaw is going to change their mind and sell out now?? It will take alot of hard work on the community and the club's part to make the new rink a reality, but I believe that if the Warrior's management puts more effort into media relations to boost interest in Warrior hockey, then they have a go at it.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat disappointed in their website. Being from out of town, I rely alot on what the media has to say and what I find on the website. I try to attend as many games as I can, but it's difficult when you live 6hrs away :( Someone please tell me that I'm wrong in saying that the people in MJ don't seem too interested in their hockey team! I come on here and see loads of SC and Pats fans, but the Warrior fans seem to be few and far between and don't have a whole lot to say!! Where is the Warrior pride in that city!?

:burningma GET THE HELL OUT THERE AND CHEER YOUR TEAM ON!!!! THEY NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!! WARRIORS EAT WHEATIES FOR BREAKFAST!!!! :groovy:

SeventhHeaven4U
03-14-2006, 09:48 PM
It's not just you, I usually check the newspaper and team site of the team they played before hitting the MJ site & newspaper, usually I get pretty good results.... unless they play the Canes <lol> their site sux too!

BTW, Warriors Win OT!!!! New franchise record for most wins in a season! Zetariuk n Jones save the day!!! :groovy:

:burningma Warriors On the Rampage! Watch Out Wheaties!!!! :groovy:

Hatguy
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey buddy, how many Warriors games have you been to in the last two years? That arena is almost packed every night. There are plenty of Warriors fans! You might not see a lot of Warriors fans because you live in Lethbridge, but we're here and we aren't giving our team up. We're getting our new arena, these things just take time.

SeventhHeaven4U
03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, sorry if I sounded like i was dissing the fans, i'm not! i'm just saying that there is always room for more fans and I wish there were more like the ones I've seen on here who seem to be behind their team thru thick n thin! More fan support=more money=new arena sooner! Yes you will get your new arena, I don't disagree with you one bit! btw, if you would have read that post better, you'd realize i dont get the opportunity to get to many games that are in MJ, they're usually in calgary, leth, MH, SC, and vs the Ice!!!

Hatguy
03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
The Warriors franchise isn't paying for the arena.The city, people and government are. I know where you live, but you shouldn't talk about things you don't know. The point I'm trying to get across to you is: The Civic Centre is almost filled every night and the people of Moose Jaw do care about our team. Moose Jaw may have a low amount of fans on these message boards, but that means very little. The game isn't played on the net, it's played on the ice!