PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Ball

Buldog
03-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Just wondering what others out there would like to see in the Pat's future?

Here are some of my thoughts:

Linden Rowatt will be backed up by David Reekie
Colten Teubert will be the new and improved Jay Bouwmeester
Nick Ross will be more feared than Dion Phaneuf
Brett Leffler, Levi Lind and Justin Bernhardt will mature into feared Power Forwards
Petr Kalus will be returned from the Bruins 2006-2007 training camp

patsdude114
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM

Brett Leffler, Levi Lind and Justin Bernhardt will mature into feared Power Forwards

well myself i would love to see Rowat take over as the #1 goalie nexted season but i cant see that happening unless Reekie gets hurt for some time nexted season..(hate to see a person get hurt even as much as i HATE Reekie)
As for the Teubert comment thats asking ALOT from a 15 yr old kid would be nice to see but could be a long shot....
N.Ross wont be more feared then Phaneuf Ross doesnt have the mean streak in which Phaneuf had even when he was 16...
Leffler,Lind<Bernhardt will be great goal scorers for the years to come will be treats to watch...

Now the topic i wanna chat about is Kalus, yes i do agree with you Kalus will be back with the Pats nexted season he has so much to still learn with his play away from the puck, and also sharing the puck alittle more often... Scouts know that the Pats are going to be the team to beat nexted season in the eastern conference the good teams in the league have a good core of 18 yr olds which we will have nexted season (Bernhardt, Pyett, Schira, Duval)will be the main keys to our teams success nexted season. (yes i know we have Mcdonald and Sensemen) but there not as key performers as the others..

As much as a fan doesnt want to look forward to nexted season with this yrs playoffs are still to come, its really hard not to look forward though....

GO PATS GO!!!!

Number_4
03-08-2006, 10:36 PM
What would I like to see in the Pats future???

Hmmm... thats a tough one. Right now, .500 on that evil road swing to end out the season. And at the very least, giving the blades a hard time in the first round, perhaps coming out on top.

For future seasons, I would love to see Rowat continue to develop without the pressure of having to be number one. Reekie is a good tender, but he still needs to improve a bit. Klaus will be back, thankfully. And because we have such a good nucleus returning, I dont really forsee any major changes in the lineup, with the exception of a few impressive rookies... Teubert. I do think tho, that we will need a bit more of a scoring touch next year. So a trade or two might be in order.

And of course what I have always wanted as a Pats fan... NO MORE PARKER!! lol

nivek_wahs
03-09-2006, 12:43 AM

My thoughts....
Reekie will be the Pats' starter in the 2006-07 Season barring a trade. Rowat will again be the Pats' back-up next year... priming him up for the 2007-08 season where he will more than be ready to take over the #1 spot

Tuebert is a good defenceman, but at 15 it's hard to really say if he will turn out to be a Jay Bouwmeester clone or a better version. Give him a year to get accustomed to the WHL and we will see what kind of player he will be.

Ross is an awesome 16-year old d-man with tons of upside but I agree with patsdude in that he doesn't have the mean streak like Phaneuf. But look out Ross can hit with the best of them and is still a young pup.

With the trio of Lind, Leffler and Bernhardt... I say that if they were to all get a bit stronger watch out... they will all be good. Bernhardt right now is the best of the 3, Lind has shown drastic improvement since the beginning of the season and Leffler is one tough cookie (fighting Tidball in Swift takes guts from a 16 year old).

Kalus will be back with the Pats. He is a great scoring threat and has great wheels, but until he learns the "team" aspect of the North American game he will be in the WHL one more year where I would expect him to tear it up (here's hoping he will be back :clap: ).

And of course what I have always wanted as a Pats fan... NO MORE PARKER!! lol

He's not a bad guy. If it wasn't for him and his family the Pats might be long gone. My Props to Brent Parker for the great aquisitions before the start of the season (Festerling/Robinson), picking up Tolpeko was a steal and keeping the young core of players together. Hopefully we can end the regular season on a high note and take it into the playoffs vs. the "Mighty" Blades ;) .

Kevin