PDA

View Full Version : Favourite NHL team

Triton
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
What NHL team do you cheer for?

I'm a self proclaimed worlds largest Avalanche fan.Before the Avalanche came around I was a Nordiques fan,then they moved.

HAF
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I have favorite players rather then favorite teams. I have the NHL Center Ice on the dish and it drives my wife nuts because I can watch 8 different games all at the same time flipping back and forth.
I'd say the Minnesota Wild is my favorite team. Lots of dub alumni in that organization as well as Brian Rolston,Marian Gaborik,Pierre Marc Bouchard....
I'm also a big fan of the Caps. I'm a big Kolzig fan and what can you say about Ovechkin but WOW...

langdak
03-10-2006, 12:50 PM
San Jose Sharks :thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Toronto Maple Leafs fan,if they do not make the playoffs,( I think that one of Pat Quinn or John Ferguson Jr. should get the boot) I will be probably be jumping on the Ottawa Senators playoff bandwagon,I think they have a very good chance at winning the Stanley Cup. I hope a Canadian team can hopefully win the Stanley cup(it will be tough though)

Triton
03-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Toronto Maple Leafs fan,if they do not make the playoffs,( I think that one of Pat Quinn or John Ferguson Jr. should get the boot) I will be probably be jumping on the Ottawa Senators playoff bandwagon,I think they have a very good chance at winning the Stanley Cup. I hope a Canadian team can hopefully win the Stanley cup(it will be tough though)

It will be Quinn to go rather than Fergi.Just look at the crumble job he did with Canada and now his own team.Maybe Fergi needs to wuit signing old foggies that are way past their prime and go with a team that doesn't go home to a retirement home after games.I think the average age of the leafs is dead.

Beaner
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
I guess the Canucks, but to be honest I have given up on the NHL, and pretty much only follow the WHL anymore. With the WHL livestream product I can get all the hockey I want.

I dont really care about the NHL at all, unless it has an effect on the WHL.

Triton
03-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I guess the Canucks, but to be honest I have given up on the NHL, and pretty much only follow the WHL anymore. With the WHL livestream product I can get all the hockey I want.

I dont really care about the NHL at all, unless it has an effect on the WHL.

it is becoming a joke and overrated.I recently watched a game at the Saddledome in Calgary,boy I'm more excited when I see a junior game or the SJHL.That sure was some sad hockey.Junior hockey is where it's at thats for sure.

Beaner
03-10-2006, 03:59 PM
I think the NHL should take a look at what the WHL has done to the new rules, if they really want to improve the product.

I believe the WHL has found the happy medium between the "old clutch and grab" style of the last 15 years, and the new "can't look the wrong way at a guy" or else its a penalty that dominates the NHL.

If the WHL had more consistent officiating, it would be a no-brainer, but you can see what they are trying to achieve.

The NHL made too many changes to their product this year, and a serious reassesment of the rules needs to be addressed.

WHEATMAN
03-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I tend to like all the Canadian NHL teams. But my favorite would have to be the Oilers with the Flames a close second

Triton
03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the NHL should take a look at what the WHL has done to the new rules, if they really want to improve the product.

I believe the WHL has found the happy medium between the "old clutch and grab" style of the last 15 years, and the new "can't look the wrong way at a guy" or else its a penalty that dominates the NHL.

If the WHL had more consistent officiating, it would be a no-brainer, but you can see what they are trying to achieve.

The NHL made too many changes to their product this year, and a serious reassesment of the rules needs to be addressed.

With either the WHL or the NHL it was just too many new rules implimented at once.The one rule that still has no effect is the trapezoid behind the net.It's seldom that I've seen a goaltender in this league get penalized for that infraction.I like the tag up offside,and the no center line,I don't mind the shootout but I was never a fan of the point in the overtime loss department.I still think that you shouldn't be rewarded for losing.I like the rule where if you clear the puck out over the glass you get a penalty.I absolutely hate the icing rule where you can't make a change if you ice the puck.That has no effect.

I think on some nights that the refs in this league call things that really aren't callable,than on other nights they ignore some major calls.It's either a plethera of calls or hardly none.When there are alot of calls it's just too many,and takes away from the actual game.With all the rules and calls,this league just doesn't have the flare it once had.Maybe the flare will come back with time.

Dwight Schrute
03-10-2006, 06:06 PM
canucks all the way for me !!! really happy with the deals. i think if the big line gets going again we can contend for the cup. are defense now rivals almost any nhl team. in my humble opinion

nivek_wahs
03-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Flyer fan since I can remember... Hextall, Kerr, Tocchet (pre gambling ring stuff)... good times...

Kevin

Triton
03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
canucks all the way for me !!! really happy with the deals. i think if the big line gets going again we can contend for the cup. are defense now rivals almost any nhl team. in my humble opinion

The players they got are nothing spectacular..more or less replacements..or in the words of Donn Clark,warm bodies.To make a serious run you need goaltending,something Vancouver lacks(Auld has done well but lacks experience).I still think Calgary,Dallas and Detroit will be tough to be no matter how good Vancouver,Colorado and Nashville think they are.In the East I'd say Ottawa,Carolina,and yes the Sabers.Philadelphia could be just too banged up to make a run.And the Rangers will flop when it comes to the "show".

westbeach55
03-10-2006, 11:34 PM
edmonton oilers are my team I love the speed and grit they have

Triton
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM

They never give up.I seen earlier this season a game against the RedWings they were down 3-1 late in the third.2 quick goals to tie it than it was either Horcoff or Torres who scores in overtime to win it.I think it was something of 2 goals in 52 seconds with maybe a buck and a half left to go.They just never give up.Adding Samsonov will only help.Roloson will get better once he adjusts.The could very well upset a team such as the wings or The Stars in the opening round if they happen to get them as opponents.

WHEATMAN
03-11-2006, 12:41 PM

also, they have the best shot blockers in the league, everyone on that club will take one for the team

LifelongChiefsFan
03-13-2006, 12:55 AM
San Jose Sharks are my favorite team. Being a Sharks fan I think just about automatically makes me dislike the Avs, and I found the Aebischer trade quite amusing lol. However, although unlikely, I can see the possiblity of Theodore turning into the next Roy. Teams I dislike tend to have things like this turn out in the end.

Triton
03-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Peter Budaj has done an outstanding job as the go to guy for now with the Avs.Posts a 2-1 victory over the Blackhawks and then yesterday a 3-0 victory over the Flames.The shutout was Peter's first NHL.The Avs now lead the Division by 1 pt.

Tinner
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Oilers, if we are still talking about favorite NHL team.

Rebels30
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
My favorite would have to be the Carolina Hurricanes..mostly because of Cam Ward lol :thumb: :wave: