PDA

View Full Version : Parker Playing Tonight!

Beaner
03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, that was fast.

Joey Kenward is reporting on Mojo Radio, that Parker is in town and will be in the lineup tonight vs. Kamloops, after his SJHL team was eliminated last night.

Nice to see he will be getting some games in before the Playoffs.

Heshkak
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Right on!

Nice to see him back in the WHL.

(Parker -Giants, Novak-Raiders, Heshka-Tips, Albers-Giants... all played minor hockey together)

-K

Beaner
03-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Both Dulle and Parker are now listed on the Giants main web page. Looks like both Dulle and Parker got here awful quick.

GF71
03-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Dulle is on his way back to Vancouver. He flies in on Monday. :thumb:

Swando
03-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Did you notice Czebere had a fight tonight and was hitting everything in sight. There is no way that he wants to sit out and let Parker or anyone else take his place. He was rewarded for his play by Hay putting him out for the last shift. I thot he played a great game

rinkrat
03-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Did you notice Czebere had a fight tonight and was hitting everything in sight. There is no way that he wants to sit out and let Parker or anyone else take his place. He was rewarded for his play by Hay putting him out for the last shift. I thot he played a great game

Good point! :thumb: I was wondering why he would fight another 16??
Also why was Lamb droppin' the mitts? Not a bad thing,but why now?

Kassian
03-11-2006, 03:47 AM
That's too bad Parker was a scratch. I hope Hay inserts him into the line up tomorrow night. After tonight's game I'd feel more comfortable with as much grit in the line up as possible...

Knuckles Muldoon
03-11-2006, 10:57 AM
That's too bad Parker was a scratch. I hope Hay inserts him into the line up tomorrow night. After tonight's game I'd feel more comfortable with as much grit in the line up as possible...
I don't know that it will necessarily be a chippier game in Kamloops tonight than it was last night. I figure its one of two things:1. Either the Loops HAS to stick to hockey to keep themselves alive, or 2. They've packed it in and will go quietly. I honestly think it will be a calmer affair than Friday. And there is NO WAY I put Lucic in there. He's not fighting, period. No need to tempt it by getting him in there and giving Kassian someone to bait. Milan's hand could use another week of recovery. Don't dress him, Don.

Kassian
03-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't know that it will necessarily be a chippier game in Kamloops tonight than it was last night. I figure its one of two things:1. Either the Loops HAS to stick to hockey to keep themselves alive, or 2. They've packed it in and will go quietly. I honestly think it will be a calmer affair than Friday. And there is NO WAY I put Lucic in there. He's not fighting, period. No need to tempt it by getting him in there and giving Kassian someone to bait. Milan's hand could use another week of recovery. Don't dress him, Don.

I am not saying it'll be a more chippy game than last night. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

When did I say anything about dressing Lucic? I was specifically talking about Parker.

langdak
03-11-2006, 12:31 PM

I agree 100%

No need to have Lucic end up on the receiving end of one of Kassian's goofy cheap shots. He skated around last night looking for somebody to give it to and couldnt get anybody to bite.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I am not saying it'll be a more chippy game than last night. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

When did I say anything about dressing Lucic? I was specifically talking about Parker.
You didn't mention Lucic. But when you said ...
"...After tonight's game I'd feel more comfortable with as much grit in the line up as possible..."
...I thought it was important to point out that even if you were expecting a rough one tonight, there's still no need to include or top gunfighter, all things considered.

Swando
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
I saw Parker walking around last night with Lucic. He's sporting a "mean looking" Mohawk hair do and a nasty scowl on his face. Maybe he's gritting up for the play offs. As a relatively new Giant fan (1.5 yr) I don't recall him much with the Cougars. What does he bring to the table that the Gaints wanted him so bad? Or is a relatively cheap 20 yr old additiion for the play-off drive?

Kassian
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
You didn't mention Lucic. But when you said ...
"...After tonight's game I'd feel more comfortable with as much grit in the line up as possible..."

Yes I did. Considering our toughest guy Lucic is out with an injury. If Lucic was available to play I wouldn't worry as much. But with Lucic out having a guy like Parker in the line up isn't a bad thing. That was my only point.

Beaner
03-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I saw Parker walking around last night with Lucic. He's sporting a "mean looking" Mohawk hair do and a nasty scowl on his face. Maybe he's gritting up for the play offs. As a relatively new Giant fan (1.5 yr) I don't recall him much with the Cougars. What does he bring to the table that the Gaints wanted him so bad? Or is a relatively cheap 20 yr old additiion for the play-off drive?

He gives us depth down the middle, experience, and another biggish type body who is willing to go and can handle himself pretty well. He'll get a few points, but I think ont his team, he fits into the 3/4 line center, and will kill a lot of penalties. In his 3 games with the Giants this year the one thing I really noticed was how effective he was on the PK, and he generated numerous SH chances.

Depth in the playoffs can not be understated, as we know from the last month.

Considering he was a free pick-up, since he was released by the Cougars, this is still a very good move by Bonner.

Maybe one of our Cougar fan friends can give us a better evaluation of him over his career in PG.