PDA

View Full Version : Best Radio Show in Vancouver no more.

Beaner
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, for those of you can and do, argueably the best Sports radio show in Vancouver, is no more.

Arthur Griffths, host of "The Business of Sport" on from 10-12 weekdays, Mojo 730, is gone as of today, as Arthur is moving on to take a new job. His show was different from any other sport radio show in Vancouver, and I listened to it myself whenever I could. It was a great change from the typical sports talk show, and will be sadly missed by myself.

Details of his new gig are not released to the public, but he let out during his final show, that he will be CEO of a Internet Streaming Company.

Part of me is really hoping that Arthur is going to be involved with the WHL streaming broadcasts, and will thus get the quality and reliability of that service improved.

Best of luck in your new job Arthur, you will be greatly missed on the Airwaves.

Chipper
03-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I was hopeing you were going to say that Dan Russell was not more.

langdak
03-10-2006, 02:34 PM

One could only hope and pray................

Beaner
03-10-2006, 02:38 PM

I did say the best radio show, not the most Idiotic.
:laugh:

GF71
03-10-2006, 02:47 PM
I have to agree..Arthur's show was the best and most interesting in town. What a bummer. Does that mean we are going to get subjected to that idiot Blake Price who has NO IDEA what he is talking about most of the time?

Beaner
03-10-2006, 03:54 PM
2 Guys are taking over his time slot, Shane Foxman from 10-11, and some other guy for the 11-12 Slot, whos name escapes me right now.

Shane says he won't be talking all Canucks all the time, but we will have to wait and see, his show is to be a surprise.

I'm really hoping they can keep some of Arthurs regular guests on the station as I enjoyed listening to them, especially Howard Bloom.

Arthur says he may be back, but this new job will be taking 100% of his time. I do hope they keep him as a guest because his insight into Pro-sports was a refreshing change from the usual chat.

GF71
03-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I quite enjoy Foxman...very dry sense of humour, which I really appriciate. I wonder if that means he is no longer with McGouch in the morning??

Beaner
03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
He will still be with Mceech in the Morning but at 10:00 Mceech gets shown the door. :P

I think I heard his show will be called Champs and Chumps.....

rinkrat
03-11-2006, 01:53 AM
I still remember Foxman filling in for Price...He did a three hour show,whining about how cheap the tips are after a Canucks loss,in the downtown bars and restaurants.LOL

Kassian
03-11-2006, 03:44 AM
I certainly won't miss him. I know most people seem to like the guy but personally I feel he is a tool. Makes many mistakes and really doesn't know as much about hockey as most people assume. I've had to call and correct him a number of times on various subjects.

Of course I understand people make mistakes and I don't expect him or anybody else for that matter to be perfect. But he makes more than a fair share of mistakes and personally I find that to be unacceptable considering it's his job to "inform" the people.

I had a real long laugh earlier this week when he said it was Dave Semenko who hit Donald Brashear in the head with his stick. Brashear wasn't even playing junior hockey when Semenko last played in the NHL... :laugh:

Knuckles Muldoon
03-11-2006, 11:02 AM
I'll take anyone who doesn't talk frickin' Canucks 24/7. All these young guys (Price/Rintoul/Foxman) know is the NHL and Canucks, and I'm damn sick of it all. I'll stick with Moj, who puts in plenty of gridiron talk and pumps the Giants. The rest of the Canucks sheep can flock off.

GF71
03-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Preach It Brother! :thumb:

I'll take anyone who doesn't talk frickin' Canucks 24/7. All these young guys (Price/Rintoul/Foxman) know is the NHL and Canucks, and I'm damn sick of it all. I'll stick with Moj, who puts in plenty of gridiron talk and pumps the Giants. The rest of the Canucks sheep can flock off.