PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen Hitting The Skids??

Ricobob
03-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, another loss tonite...not a good way to go towards the playoffs..maybe the lack of veterans is starting to show?? Who knows? It wouldn't be a worry except that the shot totals are dropping. More scoring by committee will be the only way this team will go far in the playoffs. They can't rely on Pogge to carry them through. He can only steal a game or two. Hopefully the boys can find their groove soon, or it could be an early exit. Thoughts???

RunTheGoalie
03-10-2006, 11:46 PM
We arent lacking veterans, but we certantly are lacking leadership.

Calgary should be leading the division right now, but we have left so many points on the table, to very, very bad hockey clubs that it is hard not to laugh at such incompetence.

Tonight is a great example. There was no drive or desire in the Hitmen for 40 minutes, and then they had to scratch and claw to get back into a tie.

Yes, Regina's first goal was a complete joke entirely created by Rob Matsouka's incompetence, but it should not have mattered. We let a bad break followed by an incompetent referee decide this game because we lacked the drive to bury a team that we should have buried. Calgary is a much, much better team than Regina, but this team seems to have accepted that second place is good enough, and is coasting into the playoffs. The Pats took advantage of that, and earned themselves two points.

And we threw away yet another chance to creep closer.

peatfan
03-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Can't blame it on the refs. When they do give the Hitmen a powerplay it isn't. We need players who shoot the puck. Seems the players are too busy setting each other up instead of being greedy. And in most games lately they only play 40 minutes and that won't cut it. As far as vets are concern, the 19 & 20 yr olds are either on defense or play a defensive role. The scorers are mostly 18 & 17 plus Sonne. Next two years we won't have that problem but this year it's always been a struggle and that is why we need to aim for 40 shots per game and that starts with a pp. If the other team can stop 40 shots then their goalie deserves a win but lets make them earn it.

Triton
03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Calgary is a much, much better team than Regina

Thats not a fair statement to say.As we've seen this year any team on any night can beat any team no matter how good you think you are.P.A came in the Saddledome and beat you for the first time in 11 years.So I wouldn't be so cocky.

Pats11
03-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Calgary is a much, much better team than Regina

How did the season series finish up again??? Maybe they aren't the much better team since the Pats look to have them figured out this year with the exception of the 2-0 loss which I'd hardly call a blowout. If it wasn't for the Pats failure to finish some of their scoring chances this year and the occasional night off by goaltender Reekie the Pats would have been battling for first instead of planted in third.

Triton
03-11-2006, 10:40 AM
How did the season series finish up again??? Maybe they aren't the much better team since the Pats look to have them figured out this year with the exception of the 2-0 loss which I'd hardly call a blowout. If it wasn't for the Pats failure to finish some of their scoring chances this year and the occasional night off by goaltender Reekie the Pats would have been battling for first instead of planted in third.

The Pats are only going up.Last seaon in the cellar,this season a playoff spot and 3rd place,next season I think Regina and Brandon will battle for top spot.Regina's only getting better.The Hitmen are a good team don't get me wrong but this season has been so unpredictable.Anyone can beat any team on any given night.Special teams play such a huge part this season.So any PP goal can change the facet of the game.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2006, 11:17 AM
We arent lacking veterans, but we certantly are lacking leadership.

Calgary should be leading the division right now, but we have left so many points on the table, to very, very bad hockey clubs that it is hard not to laugh at such incompetence.......Calgary is a much, much better team than Regina, but this team seems to have accepted that second place is good enough, and is coasting into the playoffs. The Pats took advantage of that, and earned themselves two points.

I disagree. Calgary and Regina are 2 very different teams. Calgary is a very defensive, physical team. With a guy like pogge in net, Calgary has not needed very much offence, While with Regina, the pats are a team built on speed and offense. If Pogge doesnt play well, Calgary doesnt play well, and as of late, pogge hasnt been on his game, thus the losing streak. Calgary needs to learn to not rely on pogge to win against teams like Regina and Saskatoon, when they can do that, they will be a favorite to win the whl championship

RunTheGoalie
03-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Pogge has given up three goals in 126 minutes in his last two games. I would hardly call that slumping.

Canadian eh? - Do you even know what you are talking about? The fact that PA won for the first time (and it was a cheap win, given they needed a shootout) in 11 years only proves my point.

We let a bad team beat us.

We've let too many bad teams beat us lately, which is entirely the problem.