PDA

View Full Version : Another win!

dusty
03-11-2006, 02:16 AM
It's nice to see another win tonight. Too bad Swift Current won. Any comments on our game tonight?

SectionNDeserter
03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
It's nice to see another win tonight. Too bad Swift Current won.Yeah, Leslie isn't even on our team anymore and he is still sticking it to us! I wonder if he let in 3 goals on 10 shots on purpose?!?

Any comments on our game tonight?Was a good team effort all the way through, totally outworked the Raiders for all but about 2 minutes at the beginning of the second period, and about a minute in the 3rd period. In addition to our top line, I thought LeBlanc put in another great game and Berube played excellent and was rewarded with a LOT of ice time last night. The officiating was not bad, only real negative was him calling Versteeg for delay of game for shooting the puck over the glass, when he was clearly in the neutral zone. But he made up for it by calling a really weak interference makeup call on PA about 2 minutes later. I was also happy that Chapman waited until the 3rd period and until we had a 4 goal lead to get his obligatory goal for the other team. It didn't seem to kill our momentum like in other games this year though, and Lepp and the boys shut the door for the rest of the game, and added an insurance goal to boot!

D.A.
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
It's been a while since I've been to a game, so my perspective is one who's comparing this team to one that really wasn't very good before.

The first thing I noticed was how much Mihalik has improved since the beginning of the year. His skating has improved and he's finally not afraid to get his nose a little dirty. He also jumps into the offence more now, which is nice to see.

Brandon Sutter was the other guy that caught my attention most. He's always been really impressive, but he just keeps getting better and better.

The entire team looked really good to me, actually. Too bad they weren't playing like this all year! Versteeg seems to be better on D than when he started there and it's a lot of fun to watch him rush the puck out. (BTW - I sit along the blueline and I'm pretty sure that when he batted the puck out of mid-air, the puck was inside the zone, so the call was good.)

The only negative I noticed was Henry. At least twice he just made brutal giveaways, though he seemed to make a good effort to recover.

All-in-all, I was really impressed!

Tiger Trauma
03-12-2006, 05:39 AM
Good Luck next season rebels. I thought the way you guys play that the rebels would never miss the playoffs. I know if there is one team i wouldnt want to face in the first round it would be Red Deer...They usually always play hard hitting hockey..That sutter kid does look impressive and will probably be a tiger killer in the next few years. I remember last year when he was a 15 yr old..he looked right at home...Give calgary and lethbrige hell in your next 2 games.

Dwight Schrute
03-12-2006, 05:21 PM
does anybody have a fight recap from friday night ? how did depape do in his 3 scraps, and gauthier vs mihalik how was that one ?
thanks dan

SectionNDeserter
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
does anybody have a fight recap from friday night ? how did depape do in his 3 scraps, and gauthier vs mihalik how was that one ?
thanks danIn the first fight he tangled with Cline and basically Cline slipped and fell right away and DePape was mostly just trying to hold him up. Cline landed about 2 soft punches to his back before they both fell to the ice. In the second fight Gillies and him basically just grabbed each other and fell to the ice, and in his third tilt it looked like Smith knew DePape would get a game misconduct for one more (and he was the only Raider that was participating in the game). DePape pasted him in the head about 5 times to Smith's 1 and then got the takedown. In the Mihalik/Gauthier one, Gauthier gave him a bit of a facewash, and Mihalik straightarmed him, hit him again and then threw him down to the ice (I think landing up on the bottom). I also noticed that about halfway through the game, Knackstedt invited Byers to dance again, but he declined--must have remembered last game. :)