PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Internet Feed

Swando
03-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Can anyone describe the quality of a Kamloops intenet feed? I usually order per game (idiot that I am should have bought season ticket pass). The one game I don't order lately (Portland) Beaner tells it's an excellent feed. I'd really like to see the game tonight but Joey can be 10x better than some feeds.
On another note connected to Griffiths leaving MOJO. It would be great if the internet Co. he is joining could get involved and improve the feed in the WHL :)

Beaner
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
The Kamloops feed is excellent, when it works.

Multiple Cameras 3-4, replays etc etc. Commentators from what I remember are very good as well, been a while since I listened to them, but they are no Ron Sinclair lets put it that way.

The Kamloops feed sems to have been the most unreliable to actually broadcast. Not sure what is going on with it, but they seem to have a lot of problems getting it on the Air.

I will make a post at around 6:45ish to let people know if it is working or not. Or you can join the gang in the chat room, http://livechat.whlfans.ca:5550/login.shtml, and just ask me in there. Even if you're just listening to Bill and Joey pop in and say hi.

---------------------------------------
I am also hoping that Arthur is getting involved with the WHL broadcast company as well, and if he isnt, then I hope his company can take over the streams, and give it a much needed boost in quality and reliability.

Kassian
03-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Like Beaner said, the Kamloops feed is usually one of the best if not the best in the entire league, IMO. The downfall is that it isn't consistant. It seems as though every other Kamloops home game has some sort of video or audio problem. There are many Kamloops games missing from the archive including one game involving the Giants earlier into the season. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it'll work tonight...

Beaner
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Camera and video is working fine but the Audio is 'scratchy'. Better than Mojo which has only been airing commercials for the last 20 mins.....

Colin
03-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Better than Mojo which has only been airing commercials for the last 20 mins.....

gaahhhh. that was crazy. i had one earphone listening to the radio while watching the canucks game, and it was so frustrating constantly losing contact with the game.

i'm thinking next season (when i'll surely have broadband) i'll probably check out the internet feeds. i actually quite like the idea of getting other teams' perspectives on our guys... that is, as long as it's not those idiots from prince george, who, from what i read in recent posts, really suck.