PDA

View Full Version : 4 in a row!!!!!!!!

Number_4
03-11-2006, 10:22 PM
from reginapats.com

Pats Win Fourth Straight On The Road

The Regina Pats extended their season-high four-game road winning-streak on Saturday night defeating the Red Deer Rebels 5 - 3 in front of 5,861 fans at the Enmax Centrium.

Garrett Festerling opened the scoring 4:06 into the opening period roofing a wrist-shot from the top of the right circle after a nice drop-pass from Petr Kalus.

Justin Bernhardt delivered a perfect saucer pass to Petr Kalus on a two-on-one to give the Pats a 2 - 0 lead at the 7:22 mark of the period.

The Pats and Rebels each had twelve shots in the opening period.

Denis Tolpeko made a great cross-ice pass to Matt Robinson who beat Rebels netminder Josh Lepp from a sharp angle to put the Pats ahead by three goals 3:41 into the middle stanza.

Kyle Ross scored during a five-on-three power-play opportunity in what proved to be the game-winning goal with less than three minutes remaining in the period. Bernhardt & Kyle Deck added their second assists of the game on the Ross goal.

Jordan Knackstedt put the Rebels on the score-sheet with six seconds remaining in the period putting a shot past David Reekie after a scramble in front of the crease.

Cam Cunning capitalized on a defensive breakdown in the Pats zone after Kris Versteeg made a heads-up pass to Rebels assistant captain to cut the Pats lead in half 11:54 into the third period.

Just fifteen seconds later former Pat Brennan Chapman scored his fourth of the season, but it was a close as the Rebels would get as David Reekie made nine saves in the final period.

Jordan Fuder scored an empty-net goal with to fifty-six seconds remaining to the seal the win for the Pats who improved their record to 37-26-1-4.

David Reekie made twenty-five saves in the victory. Josh Lepp made twenty saves, while James Reimer made six save in one period of work for the Rebels.

The Pats were 1/4 on the power-play. Red Deer was 0/6 with the man-advantage.

To view the official online game sheet click here

The victory gives Regina a sweep of the season series with a 4-0-0-0 record vs. Red Deer.

The Pats face Lethbridge on Sunday night in their fifth of eight straight games on the road to close the 2005-2006 regular season.

Wow... the Pats are really on a roll. Amazing. Should be interesting tomorrow night in Leth.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-11-2006, 10:57 PM
they really do want to take over second place(by the way they have been playing) The game Vs Lethbridge will be on Rogers Sportsnet and I will be watching it. :thumb:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
With this we draw a little closer to second, if we can win our last games(Let, PA, BRN, MH) and the blades lose 2 out of the last 3 games( Mj, and PA twice) we can get second place and home advantage :thumb: . We would also come in the playoffs with a 8 game winning streak.

if we cant get 2nd, we still go into the playoffs with a solid road performance, and play with more confidence. I cannot wait for the playoffs to come around.

The lethbridge game should be a good game, if they can out work the opposition and play a physical game, they should at least get a point from this. Its been a long trip but its not over yet, so i hope they dont take the game off

Fight Guy
03-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I dont think they will have to much trouble tonight. The two teams have had some good games against each other. Defiently winnable again. I think the biggest game of this road trip would probably be the one coming up on Wednesday. For some reason, the Pats have had alot of trouble against them this season and pretty much havent played whent hey face them. If they can burry them on Wednesday, I think that will help the Pats just that but more. But either way, i'm already more than happy with this road trip. Lets hope they can just keep winning...and the Blades keep losing.

patsdude114
03-12-2006, 01:16 PM
with the pats current winning streak that loss to Saskatoon on March 3rd is a huge loss now as much as I'd love to see the Pats get 2nd its going to be tough, sure if we win tonight were 3 points back (tonights game is our game in hand so we have to win it if we have any shot of trying to take 2nd) but also i could totally see the Warriors throwing the game on tuesday night against the Blades to screw us over...Heck if if was the other way around and MJ chasing Saskatoon I'd throw the game to screw MJ over..

But back to the Pats winning ways as of late.......

I watched the Pats game last night on the net the way Kalus is playing with that edge he looks unstoppable....I just hope him nor Tolpeko take the playoffs off (like most euro's do) and yes you all can be in shock as i say this Reekie is playing great as of late i just hope he still has some good games left in him for the playoffs

GO PATS GO!!!!!!!!!!