PDA

View Full Version : Eliminated

Triton
03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Tough season for the Raiders.Bad start,numerous injuries,questionable team management..just seemed like it was always something with this hockey club this season from:

Tipper and Howarth walking out :wave: ,to the trades that didn't happen ,to the short bench,to the reno's on the AHC,to the rash of injuries,to the revolving door of euros to the inconsistant coaching

When you miss the post season after a successful playoff run the year before it's hard to look at positives right now.But there were some:

Deckert pretty much giving the Raiders the opportunity to contend for that playoff spot ,Byers stepping up this season,Captain Canada bringing home gold and Aki bringing home bronze,Novak's 300th game and breaking the all time Raider games played,Hellyer picking it up towards the end,a look into the future with Andy Smith,Trach,Tendler and others.Hometown boys in Dowhay,and Hewson and the newly AHC.

Although I think the team will struggle next season,I do think they will be exciting to watch with all the youngsters in the line-up.Before you learn to win,unfortunately you need to learn to lose.Possibly having a rough season will foresure garner those kids experience :bounce: and experience will make the Raiders successful down the road.It will take baby steps.But please if the team is not winning on a consistant basis whether it be next season or the season after or any season,don't shy away from attending games.True fans stick it out.We need to get that AHC rocking again :groovy: .And to start people should come out either Wed. or for sure Sat. the last game against the Blades.

Triton
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM
And to start people should come out either Wed. or for sure Sat. the last game against the Blades.

Bleed all over em and let em know your there!

Joe Hallenback
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Whats wrong in PA? I expected you guys to be a top team this year with some big name players,good size and toughness but something went wrong along the way.

Dwight Schrute
03-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Whats wrong in PA? I expected you guys to be a top team this year with some big name players,good size and toughness but something went wrong along the way.
yeah something did go wrong, chemistry weak efforts, dismal shoot out performances. there is a long list of what went wrong from coaching to gm to players. all us fans can hope is they learn from it and that our prospects continue to shine.