PDA

View Full Version : Five... Count 'em 5 In A Row!!!

nivek_wahs
03-13-2006, 01:49 AM
from reginapats.com

Pats Stun 'Canes To Extend Streak

The Regina Pats scored three late goals in Lethbridge on Sunday night to stun the Hurricanes 4 - 3 and extend their road-winning streak to five games in front of 3,688 fans at the Enmax Centre.

Petr Kalus collected his thirty-fifth and thirty-sixth goals less than two minutes apart to complete the comeback which was televised nationally on Sportsnet's CHL Game Of The Week.

Yashar Farmanara had the lone goal of opening period scoring an even-strength marker at the 15:45 mark. Mitch Fadden & Tomas Kudelka had the assists.

Both the Pats & Hurricanes had eleven shots in the opening twenty minutes.

Fadden scored a nice wrap-around goal to extend the Hurricane's lead 11:27 into the second period. Farmanara & Zach Boychuk collected assists on the play

Craig Schira converted on a nice passing play from Garrett Festerling & Justin Bernhardt scored on the power-play to put the Pats on the board with 2:16 remaining in the second period.

Regina outshot Lethbridge 16 - 7 in the second period.

Lethbridge looked to take control of the game early in the third period when Colton Yellow Horn scored his twenty-second of the season to give Lethbridge a 3 - 1 lead. Yellow Horn's goal came short-handed. After his first shot was stopped by Reekie, the veteran forward buried a back-hand shot on the rebound, beating David Reekie five-hole to restore the 'Canes two-goal lead 5:20 into the final stanza.

Jordan Fuder pulled the Pats within one goal after scoring a scrappy goal jumping on a loose puck with just under six minutes remaining to begin the comeback. Jason MacDonald & Kyle Deck assisted on Fuder's tenth of the season.

Kalus received a nice pass from Nick Ross and scored the tying goal on a breakaway putting a back-hand shot under cross-bar with just over three minutes remaining in the game.

Kalus scored the game-winner roofing a shot after Festerling & Berhardt executed a perfect three-on-two break with 1:13 remaining to give the Pats a season-high five game winning streak.

David Reekie made twenty-three saves in the victory. Justin Leclerc made thirty-six saves in defeat.

The Pats were 1/4 on the power-play. Lethbridge was 0/4 with the man-advantage.

To view the official online game sheet click here

The Pats travel to Prince Albert on Wednesday before concluding the 2005-2006 regular season with stops in Brandon & Medicine Hat next weekend.

Such an exciting finish... All I can say is WOW... ans GO PATS GO!!!! :clap:

Bran
03-13-2006, 11:03 AM
I was hoping maybe they could score two and go into OT, I certainly wasn't expecting 3 goals to win with less than 6 minutes left! Can you imagine the way those guys felt in Lethbridge, the players and the fans? Figure they've got the thing wrapped up and then that happens. That's what I call a surprise ending! Maybe that'll keep people from leaving before the game is over! I know if that was here there would have been people leaving thinking it was all over and look at what they would have missed!!

And way to go Reekie! The boy made some great saves last night.

Number_4
03-13-2006, 04:32 PM
All that I can say is What a game! I totally didnt expect them to win in regulation. I was just hoping for a tie. This team has really come together in the past week or so, its nice to see. Im getting really excited for the playoffs now!!!