PDA

View Full Version : Reekie Player of the week

Triton
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is goaltender David Reekie of the Regina Pats. Reekie earned player of the week honours by recording a 1.75 goals against average, a 0.940 save percentage, 110 saves and four road wins, including a shutout during the week of March 6th to March 12th. Reekie helped the Pats to a perfect 4-0 record for the week.

On Wednesday, March 8th, Reekie stopped all 33 shots he faced in a 2-0 shutout road win against the Swift Current Broncos. On Friday, March 10th, Reekie recorded 20 saves in a 2-1 overtime win against the Hitmen in Calgary.

On Saturday, March 11th, Reekie made 34 saves in a 5-3 road win against the Red Deer Rebels. On Sunday, March 12th, Reekie recorded 23 saves in a 4-3 comeback win against the Hurricanes in Lethbridge.

Reekie, an 18-year-old native of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is a free agent

SeventhHeaven4U
03-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Ohhh I can see Troy Brouwer now, rolling his eyes and swearing "I HATE Reekie!" :mad: I've seen a few Pats games against several teams and I can say he has made some great saves, had some really good games, but if everyone says he's so good, why isn't he drafted? Has anyone shown interest in picking up Reekie in the draft?? Just curious!

:groovy: Warriors R Gonna Crush Wheaties!! :groovy:

patsdude114
03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
well it is kinda hard to draft a goalie when he put up only a 3 win season last yr he is still elgiable for this years draft.......as much as i hate Reekie as a goalie kudo's to his 30 win campaign and getting Player of the Week...

By the way does anyone know why Nieszner is backup the past few games, wheres Rowat?????

GO PATS GO!!!!

Bran
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, for one thing, there are a lot of good players in this league who aren't drafted, some better than Reekie, even. As for goalies, it's that much harder for them to get drafted than other players. And everyone doesn't really say he's so great, in fact, there are a lot of people who are really hard on him, probably moreso than they need to be. I don't mind him, I certainly don't hate him, but I don't love him either and I don't think he'd be where he is without the team in front of him. Last year he was thrown into a terrible situation where he didn't really stand much of a chance with the team in front of him. Many times this season he's kind of coasted through, but giving him POW reflects his great play as of late, has nothing to do with the rest of the season. Congrats to Reekie, and keep it up!

By the way does anyone know why Nieszner is backup the past few games, wheres Rowat?????

He's got a broken...hand or finger? I heard somewhere he was going for surgery so it explains Neiszner.

patsfan33
03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
as I said in the other thread:

well deserved award for Reekie, I do admit that at times this season the kid hasn't played as well as I'd like our number one tender to, but this past week he's been pretty solid coming up with big saves, being there when our D falters and giving the boys a chance to win every night -- he's definately done his part as of late

GO REEKS!

....as for Rowat, he is infact out with a hand injury, specifically a broken finger which occured in his shutout game vs the Hitmen...when he will recieve surgery is unknown, although it is soon, and I'm not sure when he is expected to come back

Number_4
03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Congrats Reekie! I kinda figured it would be a Pat that got player of the week honors, but I couldnt decide between Klaus or Reekie. Both really deserved the honors.

As for Rowat, I thought he had already had his surgery. I believe that it was supposed to happen last week. He prolly will be out for a while, at least for the first round, anyways.

nivek_wahs
03-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Way to go Reekie!