PDA

View Full Version : Leader-Post

Buldog
03-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Are there any others out there that are pee'd off at the Leader-Post's very poor coverage of the Pat's now that the Brier is in town. I sent an email to Rob Vanstone saying so. If you want to do the same, here is his email: rvanstone@leaderpost.canwest.com

Fight Guy
03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
You have to expect it with the Brier in Regina and all. It's a natioal event and a big deal. Last long road trip the same thing happened. Theya rent around to interview or anything so there isnt much to talk about. Look in the LP tommorow...i'll garantee that they will have a couple articles on the Pats as they just got back from an awsome trip.

patsfan33
03-13-2006, 11:42 PM
i slightly am, although it could do with the fact that I hate curling with a passion...lol, but what am I gonna do

...anyway there's always the ever so entertaining Pats tv on access 7 and Global's In the Crease on Thursday nights during sportsline if ur looking for some indepth coverage

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Its somewhat fun to play but it is more boring to watch than paint drying, or even womens basketball :dead: . Its just plain boring, i can't bring my self to watch it when my grandma and all her :burningma OLD PEOPLE :burningma friends watch it and eventually send me down stairs because i boo them. That remidns me. I hate old people, with their briers and there..... tournament of hearts, and crib and other junk.

That being said, im peed off too that regina is so PSYCHED over the brier, while the pats have a long road trip and are doing good on the road, which was surprising. They might even catch second but they cant write about that, because the brier is on. I hope someone streaks at the brier, and then that would be the only exciting thing other than a guy knocking out rocks of a coloured circle. :thumb:

I hope i didnt offend anyone in my rant. But I found it necessary to say.

nivek_wahs
03-14-2006, 12:18 AM
You have to expect it with the Brier in Regina and all. It's a natioal event and a big deal. Last long road trip the same thing happened. Theya rent around to interview or anything so there isnt much to talk about. Look in the LP tommorow...i'll garantee that they will have a couple articles on the Pats as they just got back from an awsome trip.

Hopefully they have a couple articles, but you never know it is the LP... :p

Number_4
03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Look at it this way: without the Brier, the Pats wouldnt be 5-0 on a road trip right now. It is a good thing.

The leader-post has never really been active when the Pats go on the road. Most of the road game write-ups are done by the Pats on their website. Yes they arent exactly in the same in depth detail as the LP can get, but the basics are there. Listen to the game, and you have the whole story.

Regina is a unique city with its resources. We can not only hold events like the mem cup, Grey Cup, but also the several big curling events. I believe that Regina has one of the highest record attendences for the Scott, and are looking to repeat that with the Brier. I havent been following the Brier, but I know that Saskatchewan really does support its curling, just as much as its hockey. And on a national level at the recent Olympics, it was the mens curling team that won gold, not the hockey team. Curling may not be the most exciting game in the world to watch, but once you begin to actually see the strategy that teams need to win, and can recognize them as such, as well as some of the more subtle things that go down on the ice, well lets just say you gain a lot of respect for some curlers. And its not just an old person sport. I have plenty of friends under 22 who play and watch, and the Canadian youth teams are pretty darn good too. Perhaps its because they grew up for the most part in more rural towns where it was either the hockey rink or the curling rink. Many of these younger players and fans are also huge hockey fans. Yes, I grew up watching curling with my grandparents, I actually had tickets for the whole week that the Scott was in Regina. I am also 21. So Curling has a youth base to it too.

It does get annoying that events like this kick out the Pats. But as you can see, the pats have learned to adapt to situations like this. 5-0 on this road trip, and your complaining!?!? Give your head a shake. The LP doesnt have the resources to follow the hockey team around. Listen to the game, read the bits posted on the Pats website, and once the playoffs start, i guarentee you that the coverage will pick up.

*Getting off her soapbox now*

Fight Guy
03-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Ive only curled a couple times...but it is fun. Watching can be a different story, but when you understand what they need to do and how hard it can be to throw the rock properly, you have alot more respect for it. I can watch curling on tv and enjoy it. But I will likely only watch games that are important or exciting...yes...exciting. The gold medal match in the Olympics...womens I think, was pretty close and was very interesting. Saw a few games at the STH too. Went with school and and went one night with my dad. And to tell you the truth, when we were there, Saskatchewan was in a big game, and came back from behind and won...and honest to god, it was the loudest I had ever heard the agridome. Though the cheer I heard there would definetly be a very close rival to the almost game winning goal by Barret Jackman in the semi-final at the Mem. Cup. ... :( Thinking about that one kinda puts a lump in my throat.

Back to Curling though...if you understand everything thats goes into playing, it isnt all that bad like many think it is.

nivek_wahs
03-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Though the cheer I heard there would definetly be a very close rival to the almost game winning goal by Barret Jackman in the semi-final at the Mem. Cup. ... Thinking about that one kinda puts a lump in my throat.

The building was so loud I couldn't even hear myself yelling. Brings back so many good... but painful memories... damn Val d'Or... :mad:

Fight Guy
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM
The building was so loud I couldn't even hear myself yelling. Brings back so many good... but painful memories... damn Val d'Or... :mad:
I found the tape we had of that game awhile back and watched it. So awsome when we scored.