PDA

View Full Version : If you were in charge

Triton
03-14-2006, 03:47 PM
If you were in charge of this team whether it be a president or GM what would you do to turn this team and organization around?

If I were in charge,I'd honestly have to let Clark go.He hired Anholt and the Raiders/Anholt thing is just not working.Time to try something else.So I would hire a new GM,possibly someone within the organization or someone who's been a GM before and let him find a new coach.I would also give Dave O'Brien his walking papers,and apoint someone else head scout.Dave has done an ok job in the fact that he's been able to go out and scout players,such as Deckert who have actually came here and shined.But he drafts so lousy.DePape may never pan out,as well as Gauthier hasn't been what he was advertised.Look who was drafted after these two guys.I guess time will only tell what Palazzo will turn out like.

I would also just for fun get rid of Vance..he'd be too annoying to work with.Also I'd contact 900 CKBI and can Drew Wilson.The guy doesn't know a lick about this league.And yeah time to clean house..while I'm at it,fire the bus driver,score keepers,Rob Lindsay,the paramedic staff,the rude people at the ticket office,but I would keep the ticket takers,and Jack Sander..and I'd try to convince Courtney Gillies to stay and come back to my place.It's a shame she's leaving to Medicine Hat.Great we'll have another Darren Steinke weirdo covering the Raiders.Or maybe we'll have a nice blonde to cover sports in P.A.

FELIX17
03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Following PA's performance down the stretch and their subsequent elimination from playoff contention, I'm in agreement that changes are instore. The game last week against Red Deer sums up the season for me. With only 12 shots on goal, this team packed in the season. The team no longer listens to the coaching staff. As much as I like Anholt as a coach, I believe it's time to make a change in that area. Also, Clark has got to go. I'm just not sure the Raider's can afford to let him go. Doesn't he still have a couple of years remaining on his contract? I would keep O'Brien around. Overall, I think he has done a good job. What about bringing in Bobby Lowes for the coaching position? He still has ties to the community and maybe after taking some time away from coaching, he's ready to make another go at it. Maybe Wilson will be better next year. Yeah right! Hopefully he'll take some lessons over the summer and maybe he'll improve abit. Rob Lindsay has to go also. Whatever the BOG decide this summer, they better make the right decisions and turn this around. I can't believe I have to wait another 6 months or so to watch this team again. Brutal! The fans of PA deserve a lot more than what has been shown. There's always next year. Right?

Triton
03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
If Lowes is going anywhere it would be Brandon.You know I never thought that Klippenstein was a bad coach.Or even Stewart.McLellan or whatever his name was,he was bad.So was Brady.They need someone of the Terry Simpson like.

If they do can Anholt lets just hope it's not Shockey that comes in or this team is doomed more than it is.Who do you think would make a good coach or GM here?

Hatguy
03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Lets pray Perry Shockey NEVER coaches another WHL team again!

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Great we'll have another Darren Steinke weirdo covering the Raiders.Or maybe we'll have a nice blonde to cover sports in P.A.
steinke is a real weirdo, i worked at the herald fr several years and its not just is fairy attitude , he is just an all around weirdo, he once told me the best thing about his job is hanging with teenage boys. courtney gillies while she is hot hot hot and i would like to.... nm she isnt that great of a sportswriter. while she has all the physical tools to be my dream sportswriter, she lacks the knowledge (hockey sense)

Triton
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
courtney gillies while she is hot hot hot and i would like to.... nm she isnt that great of a sportswriter. while she has all the physical tools to be my dream sportswriter, she lacks the knowledge (hockey sense)

Courtney is so yummy...I just wanna..nm.I could honestly care less about her hockey knowledge..as long as she keeps up the lap dances..I wish!She did know more than Darren.And that hanging out with teenage boys thing is just creepy.Got anymore funny Steinke stories?Does he always fumble his words too?

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Courtney is so yummy...I just wanna..nm.I could honestly care less about her hockey knowledge..as long as she keeps up the lap dances..I wish!She did know more than Darren.And that hanging out with teenage boys thing is just creepy.Got anymore funny Steinke stories?Does he always fumble his words too?
always fumbles. thats why he doesnt get many tv or radio spots. during the playoffs last year he told be a bunch of stuff about the tigers like barker and nastiuk (stuff id get in trouble for posting on here) but yeah stienke was a creep

nivek_wahs
03-15-2006, 06:57 AM

I would have to agree with you 100%... not well liked around these parts.

FELIX17
03-15-2006, 07:01 AM

PA does not need Shockey-Hockey! I'm sure Moose Jaw can relate to the Shockey-Hockey era when he was there.

FELIX17
03-15-2006, 07:22 AM
If Lowes is going anywhere it would be Brandon.You know I never thought that Klippenstein was a bad coach.Or even Stewart.McLellan or whatever his name was,he was bad.So was Brady.They need someone of the Terry Simpson like.

If they do can Anholt lets just hope it's not Shockey that comes in or this team is doomed more than it is.Who do you think would make a good coach or GM here?

The problem I had with Klippenstein is that the players didn't listen to him either. Maybe not necessarily Lowes, but a coach with his similar style. PA needs a hard nosed, no-nonsense coach who can get the best out of his players each and every night. Anholt achieved this only a handful of times this year from his team. Lowes is a PA boy and would fit nicely into a rebuilding team. He always seemed to get everything from his players and that is what PA needs.
Also I can't stress this enough, No Shockey-Hockey!

Courtney Gillies is heading to Medicine Hat? Is she going to be Steinke's sidekick out there? If she is, lucky him! Maybe she can take Wilson with her to. Can we trade Wilson for Medicine Hat's play-by-play announcer? canadian eh, maybe you can look into that for us.

Triton
03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Maybe she can take Wilson with her to. Can we trade Wilson for Medicine Hat's play-by-play announcer? canadian eh, maybe you can look into that for us.

Medicine Hat's play by play guy Bob Ridley is also their bus driver.Thats crazy.