PDA

View Full Version : New Rebels To Play Saturday!

Shinyshoes
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Fans will get a sneak peek at the future of the Rebels on saturday as 15-year olds Cassidy Mappin (C), Zach Stebner (D), Mike Scarborough (D), and 16-Year old Luke Betts (LW) will all be in the lineup on Saturday for our last home game of the year.

Also, It will be the last home game in a Rebels Jersey for Cunning, Lepp, and Chapman. Lepp and Chapman both remain without a Pro Contract, and Cunning will be moving forward with the Calgary Flames organization after this year.

Do us proud boys!!

RebelsGirl
03-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Who will those rookies be replacing? Are some of the Rebels going to be healthy scratches that game then?

dusty
03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Perhaps Cunning will go back to Omaha for the rest of their season. That would be good for him. I wonder why so many newbies will be playing this weekend?

Tinner
03-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Perhaps Cunning will go back to Omaha for the rest of their season. That would be good for him. I wonder why so many newbies will be playing this weekend?

i would say it has something to do with their finish in the standings????

unless the WHL has relaxed their rule of only being able to dress 4 players 16 or younger, some of them will have to sit out.

RebelsFan
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Don't forget, Brandon Sutter has already turned 17. Alex Poulter is the only 16 year old on the team at this time.

Tinner
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't forget, Brandon Sutter has already turned 17. Alex Poulter is the only 16 year old on the team at this time.

its the age category at the start of the year.

hockey4
03-15-2006, 03:38 PM
The age you are at the beginning of the year is considreded what year you are. A twenty year old must turn 21 sometime between training camp and the next july i beilieve to be considred a 20 year old. If not he is considred 19. Brandon turned 17 sometime in feb i believe so he is a "16 year old" while i belive alex has a late birthday.

Shinyshoes
03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
unless the WHL has relaxed their rule of only being able to dress 4 players 16 or younger, some of them will have to sit out.

The WHL is not observing this rule.....

I believe the Rule you are referring to is part of the Canadian Developmental Model Put forward by Hockey Canada last summer. The WHL, OHL, and QMJHL all have not signed on to that model, and therefore, teams are not restricted to 4 16 year olds per game. Numerous times this season, Everett, Spokane and I am sure others have played more than 4 16 year olds.

Additionally, the only restriction teams face is 15 year olds are only allowed to play 5 games in the WHL, Prior to their club teams being eliminated from playoffs. Since the Kids mentioned in this thread have all completed their playoffs with their respective teams, they have free reign to play as many games as the Rebels See fit.

Shinyshoes
03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Also add to that list RW Tyler Halliday. Not sure if they all will be playing, or if they will be split up amongst our 2 remaining games, but they all will be "Part of the team" for the remainder of the season.

grainbear
03-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Canes have has 5 1089 in the line up since the trade deadline, so obviously the 4 is not an issue. As well during the last game we had the 5 plus 2 1990.

WHL Rules
03-20-2006, 04:19 AM
Anyone know why Mike Scarborough (D) didn't dress in any of the games? He was the only one of the 5 players called up who didn't play this weekend.

Shinyshoes
03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Anyone know why Mike Scarborough (D) didn't dress in any of the games? He was the only one of the 5 players called up who didn't play this weekend.He wasn't signed as an active afilliate player or something like that..... read it in saturday's paper.

Nature Boy
03-20-2006, 04:25 PM
The young kids didn't look out of place. They played well and Stebner didn't look out of place on D. They all looked good especially Mappin and Halliday. Mappin is a good skater and looked to hit and Halliday has good spedd and he showed it on the game tying goal. They played well in both games and they should play next year.