PDA

View Full Version : year in review

rezstyle
03-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, the year wasn't a total waste. Although we didn't make the playoffs...again... we still got to witness moments that will be memorable. What's some top moment witnessed this year?

1. Stoesz knocks out Boogard
2. Blackwater knocks out McDonald
3. Grabner score 2 hat tricks on the year
4. We make trades that don't make much sense

Well, those would be my overall top moments. I did notice we had more penalty shots this year (3 that I'm aware of) than most years. And, according to many fight fans, we have 2 in the top 10 - Stoesz & Lynch - and could have another if Haw was more interested in fighting.

I'm looking forward to further development of McCue, Blackwater and Armstrong.

LifelongChiefsFan
03-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Yeah watching Grabner was definitely a treat this year. Bowman/Ryan/Hobson all started doing a little better as the season went on too. Overall though the PP/PK was atrocious this year. That's probably the area we need to improve most to turn into a contending team.

Jimmypop316
03-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Yea disappointing to say the least, but I do like the style of hockey that is been playing by the guys. Its a pretty rough and tough game and its enjoyable to watch.

It was frustrating at times, especially since its been a good while before we've seen a good playoff run. I've forgotten what the playoffs are like for the past 3 years (4 and out against everett really doesn't cout). Hopefully we are on the way up and we can see the playoffs next year.

I am really excited for next year, the off-season is going to be strange with the expansion, and the import draft and pretty much everything else. Looking forward to see what (if any) changes are going to be made.

But I am enjoying this 3 game winning streak and seeing Grabner make a nice goal run.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say hes going to score 50 next year. Its about damn time if you ask me too.

rezstyle
03-17-2006, 01:14 PM
He definately has a chance because his line is going to stay together. I'd look for both him and Hobson to have a good year together.

This year we were the 2nd fastest team to hit 100 fights. I believe we'll be the first next year.

That's a combination for excitment....goals + fights....what more could you want. I think we'll end our playoff-less streak next year.

Jimmypop316
03-17-2006, 06:46 PM
He definately has a chance because his line is going to stay together. I'd look for both him and Hobson to have a good year together.

This year we were the 2nd fastest team to hit 100 fights. I believe we'll be the first next year.

That's a combination for excitment....goals + fights....what more could you want. I think we'll end our playoff-less streak next year.

definately, definately. Its going to be an interesting year, Everett is probably going to do amazing again simply because they have all that youth, and that garbage system they have in place.

Over-agers
TC: 7
Seattle: 6
Portland: 6

Taking a look at that, it looks like a lot of teams are going to be losing probably close to 10 guys, and I wonder if Price is goign to be back next year for TC. We're only losing 2 guys pretty much and thats in Salmo and Erickson. And they aren't really all that much. Salmo definately is, but with our pick in the import draft we are going to have a nice replacement for him. Hopefully the youth that comes in next year are as impressive as Reddington, because I am liking what I am seeing out of him.

But ahh 6 months is such a long time!

chiefgongshow
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
definately, definately. Its going to be an interesting year, Everett is probably going to do amazing again simply because they have all that youth, and that garbage system they have in place.

Over-agers
TC: 7
Seattle: 6
Portland: 6

Taking a look at that, it looks like a lot of teams are going to be losing probably close to 10 guys, and I wonder if Price is goign to be back next year for TC. We're only losing 2 guys pretty much and thats in Salmo and Erickson. And they aren't really all that much. Salmo definately is, but with our pick in the import draft we are going to have a nice replacement for him. Hopefully the youth that comes in next year are as impressive as Reddington, because I am liking what I am seeing out of him.

But ahh 6 months is such a long time!

Price should be back in TC. The Habs would like to see him dominate for a full season before they bring him in. I doubt theyre going to ditch Huet or Aebischer just yet.

Beaner
03-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Price should be back in TC. The Habs would like to see him dominate for a full season before they bring him in. I doubt theyre going to ditch Huet or Aebischer just yet.

Dont forget Tri is losing 3 guys in the Expansion draft for Chilliwack, they may just move Price up if the team looks really bad again next year.

Jimmypop316
03-18-2006, 12:43 AM
The way the Chiefs are playing right now, I am thinking it is probably going to be a tight battle between Everett/Spokane for lead in the division.

For all the crap this season ended up like, I am amazed at how they are playing right now and ending the season. They played absolutely amazing tonight, the passes were there, the defence was there, Army was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't have asked for much more of a way to end the season.

The ice was pretty lol though, it looked terrible and it looked pretty choppy.

LifelongChiefsFan
03-18-2006, 05:57 PM
The way the Chiefs are playing right now, I am thinking it is probably going to be a tight battle between Everett/Spokane for lead in the division.

For all the crap this season ended up like, I am amazed at how they are playing right now and ending the season. They played absolutely amazing tonight, the passes were there, the defence was there, Army was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't have asked for much more of a way to end the season.

The ice was pretty lol though, it looked terrible and it looked pretty choppy.

Yeah the ice was bad hahaha. Agree 100% for the way the season went, I couldn't have written a better ending. What a fabulous way to go out. There actually is some hope for next season. Armstrong was fantastic the last week of the season. We'll see how the offseason unfolds, but I still wouldn't mind getting a veteran scorer for out team. But that's not a big deal; right now I'm just getting prepared to watch the Zags kick some ass! :thumb:

Jimmypop316
03-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah the ice was bad hahaha. Agree 100% for the way the season went, I couldn't have written a better ending. What a fabulous way to go out. There actually is some hope for next season. Armstrong was fantastic the last week of the season. We'll see how the offseason unfolds, but I still wouldn't mind getting a veteran scorer for out team. But that's not a big deal; right now I'm just getting prepared to watch the Zags kick some ass! :thumb:

Haha not a big bball fan but its always good to see a local team doing so good, especially on such an awesome scale.

Theres also NHL playoffs just around the corner and I'm excited about that. Too bad my favorite nhl team, the pens, are tanking just about as bad as the Chiefs. But theres always next season

Redwic
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I was predicting the Chiefs, during the pre-season, to be the wild-card of the division this season. And for half the season, they were. Then the trade happened, and then add on some injuries, and suddenly the Chiefs became playoff-less for the second straight season.

Armstrong is a young, quality goaltender. And if he can just get some decent defense in front of him, Spokane should be able to win quite a few games. I also like the addition of Haw. I expect next season to be his breakout season.
You guys have a good coaching staff, young talent, and great fans from which to build further success from.

Remember, next season is only six months away. Then Spokane will get more chances to beat up on Tri-City, as well as newbie Chilliwack. Isn't THAT something to look forward to? :thumb:

rezstyle
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
I was predicting the Chiefs, during the pre-season, to be the wild-card of the division this season. And for half the season, they were. Then the trade happened, and then add on some injuries, and suddenly the Chiefs became playoff-less for the second straight season.

Armstrong is a young, quality goaltender. And if he can just get some decent defense in front of him, Spokane should be able to win quite a few games. I also like the addition of Haw. I expect next season to be his breakout season.
You guys have a good coaching staff, young talent, and great fans from which to build further success from.

Remember, next season is only six months away. Then Spokane will get more chances to beat up on Tri-City, as well as newbie Chilliwack. Isn't THAT something to look forward to? :thumb:

I'm not sure how defensive minded our coaching strategy is. I believe we've got some quality blue liners, but they just didn't perform at times. We need to get better at clearing people out of the crease, and, although I think Haw was an excellent pick up, this seems to be his weak area. He's bigger than everyone else, yet relies heavily upon blocking shots with his stick or body than clearing the crease for Armstrong.

Secondly, I think consistency in goalie throughout the season hurt us. The few games we did score 5, they opposition would score 7. That sucked.

I don't use this as an excuse, but it really did seem like every bounce went the other teams way. I guess that's how it feels when you're in the cellar though.