PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Pats

Triton
03-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Not enthused about going but,I'm hoping for fights.Doubt we'll see any cause it seems that P.A fights more on the road.Pats are on a serious roll winning 5 in a row.Could be just too hot for P.A to handle.Although I bet either P.A gets blown out or they do the blowing out.No point in being defensive,they will probably be gunning knowing their season is over.There is that pride factor for P.A but they should all wear brown paper bags instead of helmets tonight.P.A's rookies should get some serious ice time from here on out.Any word on if they called up others?Should be a packed house tonight....yeah right.I think we'll see tumbleweeds.Maybe I'll see Gillies walk up the stairs with those jeans that shows her,umm...yumminess.In the words of Homer Simpson.."gotta get me some of that sweet,sweet can"! :frog:

On a less drooling note,I think P.A will win tonight 6-5,in regulation time with Don Mitchell picking Chipchura as the first star. :spineyes: Anyone going to that awards thing after Saturday's game??I think Deckert gets the start tonight but him and Archi split the series against Saskatoon.

FELIX17
03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
According to the Raider's roster, no other callups. Tendler is still listed on the roster. I might head up for Saturday's game against the Blades. I haven't seen the new lounge or maybe I should stop in just to see Miss Gillies one more time.

Triton
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
or maybe I should stop in just to see Miss Gillies one more time.

Gillies would be well worth the trip.You'd have to sit on the other side of the press boxes to get a glimpse of her throughout the game.On saturday I'm gonna ask her if I can have my picture taken with her.

Dwight Schrute
03-15-2006, 06:18 PM
wouldnt it piss off raider fans even more if they won their remaining games and brandon lost theirs. :D seriously though im thinking some of the draft eligable like hewson depape and doucet will play with soething to prove as well as some guys looking for contracts like aki byers shaefer. all i want to see is heart and the guys playing with some desire

nivek_wahs
03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
The Raiders have a chance to take it to the Pats and be spoilers... Pats lose they cannot get 2nd... I hope for a good entertaining game and hopefully a Pats W :bounce: .

Dwight Schrute
03-15-2006, 11:40 PM
i was so excited after the skirmish in the 3rd when they were all saying to each other they would go. when i saw anholt sent out hewson depape and elder and palazzo i thought ALRIGHT were gonna get a line brawl. (oh they also had shaefer out there to pick up sticks and helmets after) but no pats didnt send out anyone who would fight. anybody see elder laughing while he was fighting fauth ? he kept looking for the linesman to pull him off but they never. how did chipchura get 2nd star ? not a good game from him, one of the worst i saw from him actually. he turned over the puck to robinson 4 times that i saw with his no look passes and seemed to try to do a one man show every now and then. oh well i thought the young guns got more ice than the vets tonight and i also thought they earned it. oh well at least the future is looking bright for these guys

Triton
03-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Recap

P.A would get on the board when Chipchura found Seitsonen coming in from the slot.Aki puts it over Reekie's glove side and it's 1-0 P.A.Tendler picking up the other assist.P.A was content on going into the lockerroom with a 1-0 lead but Regina had other things in mind with less than 30 seconds left,as Deck found Ross with a stretch pass,combined with P.A's defence giving up on the play,and Ross would go in all alone and roof it glove side over Deckert.

P.A would start the 2nd on the PP,but that didn't matter as Thelen had the puck stick to the ice as he was bringing it out of the zone,Robinson picks it up,goes 5 hole,Decks makes the first save than Robinson taps in his own rebound 2-1 Pats.That would be all the scoring until the final waiting seconds of the 2nd as the Pats come in on a 3 on 2 Tolpeko drops it for Sievert who fires a shot,rebound comes out and Ross with a very quick backhand makes it 3-1 with 1.4 seconds left on the clock heading to the 3rd up 3-1.

The third would be chippy.Midway point of the 3rd,Pats on the PP,N.Ross comes down on his offwing and fires a shot past Deckert glove side..weak.That would be all for Decks tonight.Archi came in and fared no better as Robinson feeds K.Ross and he shoots low beating Archi 5 hole for his hattrick.

Fight recaps

DePape vs Lind-Both would exchange blows,I think Depapes landed a bit better,good tilt,lasted a bit longer than the others.I'd say draw.

Elder vs Fauth-No contest,Elder manhandled Fauth,with a series of body blows.Not sure even if Fauth got any shots in.Decision..Elder by a mile.

Hewson vs Sievert-Happened so quick,maybe a couple exchanges that were minor.Sievert fell funny on his wrist though.I say draw based on nothing happened.

Chipchura vs Schira-Chipper was pretty pissed.Threw lots of punches.Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote.

Leffler vs McDonald-Clearly neither fight on a regular basis,and it showed.Both wrestles up against the boards in the far end.McDonald landed more shots but the decision goes to Leffler who's shots did have more impact.

Things that made me shake my head

-After Decks was pulled he yelled at Thelen on the bench and said "HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED DEFENCE BEFORE?".Than as Thelen went out on the ice Decks says to himself outloud "MAN OVERRATED MUCH"!.

-Jeff May's sprint across the ice to try and paste the Pats player.May was clearly frusterated.He missed and ended up eating some plexi glass,and was sent off for his troubles.

-When everyone was chanting Archi,I thought we were gonna see a goalie fight.Nothing happened.

-Byers throwing another fit on the bench.

-Reffing was lousy.Missed a ton of calls on both sides.I guess for Zalaski that could be considered a good game.

-Never got to see Gillies.

-Other than the young guys,there was really no desire,no heart and it just seems like they want to get it over with very quick.

-This type of hockey is not for Thelen.Deckert is right.

3 stars

1.Kyle Ross-Hat trick
2.Chipchura-but honestly no Raider deserved a star.Lousy performance.
3.David Reekie-played solid when needed.

Attendance

westbeach55
03-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Chipchura vs Schira-Chipper was pretty pissed.Threw lots of punches.Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote.

give chipper more credit he demolished schira, schira might have got a few pokes in but thats about all.

Triton
03-16-2006, 12:32 PM

give chipper more credit he demolished schira, schira might have got a few pokes in but thats about all.

I did give Chipper his credit.

"Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote".

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2006, 01:32 PM
on regina's sh goal it was chipchura who turned the puck over.i liked how anholt finally gave some of the youngsters time in the offensive zone. deckert didnt play well and i think he is still injured. however when you have a guy sitting beside you in the net(tolpeko) or you get ran and the puck comes loose as your ran. how the raiders d continues to let him be bowled over and never any interferance calls ???.

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
deckerts stats in his last 3 games
.843 save %
5.22 gaa
oh yeah and 3 losses whats the deal ? is he playing hurt have teams figured him out ???? i dunno

Dwight Schrute
03-16-2006, 11:15 PM
i think he blew his shot as comming back as a overage
honestly who might be available to return ? aki byers chipper thelen should be signed and playing pro. the other 86 born players are deckert and hellyer
wich means we could pick up some 20's do we hand the reins to aime as a 17 year old ? archie cant play for anholt . ...... it should be a interesting offseason.

nivek_wahs
03-17-2006, 03:03 AM
deckerts stats in his last 3 games
.843 save %
5.22 gaa
oh yeah and 3 losses whats the deal ? is he playing hurt have teams figured him out ???? i dunno

Let's see... if Deckert would have stuck it out with the Pats or Americans he would only be better than he is now.

Deckert 18-20-1-2 2.72GAA .909SV% (14th in the league in GAA, 16th in SV%)

compared to:

Archibald 6-14-0-7 3.07GAA .899SV%

I seriously doubted the Raiders chances at the start of the year as I figured that Archibald wouldn't be able to carry the load (nothing against Archibald). But when they got Deckert... I knew they were getting themselves a good goalie that would give them a chance almost every game. And personally I think he did.

For the last 3 games... maybe it's because the team wasn't playing hard anymore? Maybe they folded their tents? Maybe they decided to play for next year? Hmmm... makes one wonder.

My 2 cents on Deckert... for P.A. to be playoff bound next year Deckert will need to be back. Give him the bulk of the starts and have Aime come in a spell off Deckert every once in a while. I think P.A. will be set in goal for the next few years as I personally think Aime is a future star in the Dub.

Triton
03-17-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't think Decks has played himself out of a 20 spot.He's hurt,worn out,and frusterated,plus the team has kinda packed it in.

Gone for sure next year is Chipchura,Seitsonen,Thelen,Novak,Polak,Schafer,and Archibald.

If Byers can't come to terms with the Rangers,the 20's will be Hellyer,Byers and Deckert.

Triton
03-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Another thing,just cause Aime has awesome #'s doesn't mean he'll get the backup roll based on his figures.He could come into camp and stink up the joint.The Raiders do have a few goaltenders that will challange for a spot.Look at Beauchemin,Sorochan and Archibald.They all came in and played themselves onto the team without anyone noticing just how good the unknown can be.So I wouldn't slot him in just yet..he has to work for it.

FELIX17
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't think Decks has played himself out of a 20 spot.He's hurt,worn out,and frusterated,plus the team has kinda packed it in.

Gone for sure next year is Chipchura,Seitsonen,Thelen,Novak,Polak,Schafer,and Archibald.

If Byers can't come to terms with the Rangers,the 20's will be Hellyer,Byers and Deckert.

Deckert needs to keep his mouth shut and not be so critical of his teammates. When Aime was called up because Deckert supposedly hurt his groin, I heard part of it had to do with him being so critical of guys in front of him. The rumour I heard was that the team gave him "some time off" in order to change his attitude. I think Deckert has a ton of potential and hopefully he can concentrate on stopping the puck instead of laying blame to certain guys. We all know, next year will be worse for him, he will face a ton of shots game in and game out.

FELIX17
03-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Another thing,just cause Aime has awesome #'s doesn't mean he'll get the backup roll based on his figures.He could come into camp and stink up the joint.The Raiders do have a few goaltenders that will challange for a spot.Look at Beauchemin,Sorochan and Archibald.They all came in and played themselves onto the team without anyone noticing just how good the unknown can be.So I wouldn't slot him in just yet..he has to work for it.

I agree he will have to work hard in camp, but I really believe the team already has him pencilled in on the roster next year. IMO, he will be a star in this league.

Triton
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Deckert needs to keep his mouth shut and not be so critical of his teammates. When Aime was called up because Deckert supposedly hurt his groin, I heard part of it had to do with him being so critical of guys in front of him. The rumour I heard was that the team gave him "some time off" in order to change his attitude. I think Deckert has a ton of potential and hopefully he can concentrate on stopping the puck instead of laying blame to certain guys. We all know, next year will be worse for him, he will face a ton of shots game in and game out.

I actually heard that too,that his "groin" injury was so he could go home and think about a few things.Also I don't think it would be wise to pencil Aime in based on what he does in Midget AAA.Players have excelled before in midget and when they came to this league,they just couldn't hack it and hang with the big boys.Who honestly knows how Aime will pan out.Time will tell.I know there are other goalies in the system who are worth the job as well.

westbeach55
03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
i heard right after the banquet saturday the raiders are being rushed out of town by clark. he doesnt want to pay the billets any longer. deckerts the only reason we were in half those games, Archibald was just plain brutal this year. you can't have aime as a number 1 next year, you slowly have to work him in. the blades are going to be in big trouble next year.

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Archibald was just plain brutal this year..
it aint totally archies fault. he has all the skill and talent needed, the team didnt play very well in front o him. watch they play better in front of deckert. and with archibald the problem with his game is mental and that is due to anholt. the kid has wanted to leave all year cause he is convinced anholt hates him. anholt has played way too many mind games with the kid all year long and has totally destroyed his confidence. personally to me if anholt wasnt back id say keep archie (let him work with a sports shrink like they did with reggie) and trade deckert (his trade value is probably higher) for a scoreing 20 year old. what ever happens please dont let anholt near these prospects we got coming up.

Triton
03-17-2006, 12:31 PM
i heard right after the banquet saturday the raiders are being rushed out of town by clark. he doesnt want to pay the billets any longer. deckerts the only reason we were in half those games, Archibald was just plain brutal this year. you can't have aime as a number 1 next year, you slowly have to work him in. the blades are going to be in big trouble next year.

They'll probably be leaving after Tuesday,because they have that Breakfast thing with the Special Olympics training for life" on Tuesday morning.