PDA

View Full Version : Playoff race?!

DoubleDee
03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok - I have a question for all you smarty pants out there since I am not that versed when it comes to this kind of thing.....

Can we still end up 1st over all in BC with the loss last night?
Can Kootenay end up with home ice (ie: 2nd place) above us?

I am just not sure what is happening since I can't tell if all the stats I am looking at include last night’s loss.

Thanks everybody.

Oh - and if anyone ever has an extra ticket during playoffs that is not being used, please call me at 317-8400 and leave a message (I'll get back to you ASAP - I just don't answer numbers I don't recognize). I unfortunately could not afford to drop the whole deposit amount down for playoff tickets.

Beaner
03-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes, Kelowna can still win 1st in the BC Division.

Vancouver needs 1 point to clinch the BC/West.

If Kelowna and Vancouver end up tied in points Kelowna will win the Tie Breakers. This would reguire Vancouver losing both its final games, and Kelowna winning both games. Kelowna must win, IN REGULATION, against Vancouver on Friday to have a shot at 1st.

Yes, Kootenay can still finish 2nd in the BC Division. Heres the situation, as its a bit more complex, due to the tiebreakers;

IF, Kelowna losses its last 2, Kootenay needs to get 3 out of 4 points.
IF, Kelowna gets 1/4 points in its last 2, Kootenay needs to get 4/4.
IF, Kelowna gets 2/4 points both by OT losses, then Kootenay needs to get 4/4.
IF, Kelowna wins a game out of its final 2, then they clinch 2nd place.

Hope that helps.

DoubleDee
03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks so much for the information! No wonder I had no clue - way more complicated then I thought it would be. But hey - makes for great hockey to be watching this weekend!