PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Hitmen Hand Out Hardware

The_Vulk
03-16-2006, 06:25 PM
The Calgary Hitmen honored their best in 2005-06 Wednesday night at the Coast Plaza Hotel and Convention Center.

Here are the winners:

Petro-Canada Player of the Year: Justin Pogge
Booster Club Fan Favorite: Justin Pogge
Husky Energy Top Defenceman: Brett Carson / Jeff Schultz
Sports Swap Most Sportsmanlike Player: Riley Merkley
Enmax Humanitarian Award: Brodie Dupont / Justin Pogge
Daimler Chrysler Scholastic Player: Karl Alzner
Remax 3 Star Award: Brodie Dupont
Wendy's Restaurant Rookie of the Year: Freddie Pettersson / Brett Sonne
Molson Coaches Award: Kris Deines

Hitmen1
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Congrats to all the kids for a great regular season and hopefully for a long playoff run! :clap:

RunTheGoalie
03-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Schultz for top defenseman?

How?

Why?

Dude has "bust" written all over his future.

peatfan
03-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Deserved the co-winner status. It is based on this year's achievements not next years or 10 years from now. Maybe he will not live up to expectations or most likely Runthe goalie will have to eat his words. As far as this year is concern Schultz is on the ice whenver the other teams big line is on & him and Carson usually shuts them down. Yes they make mistakes but I do beleive Bobby Orr made mistakes so if the greatest ever makes an error I think Schultz is entitled to make errors without everyone sh*tting on him.

Ergo
03-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Deserved the co-winner status. It is based on this year's achievements not next years or 10 years from now. Maybe he will not live up to expectations or most likely Runthe goalie will have to eat his words. As far as this year is concern Schultz is on the ice whenver the other teams big line is on & him and Carson usually shuts them down. Yes they make mistakes but I do beleive Bobby Orr made mistakes so if the greatest ever makes an error I think Schultz is entitled to make errors without everyone sh*tting on him.

Whoa there...take off the rose coloured glasses matey.

Schultz makes way more mistakes and miscues than should be expected from a defenceman of his stature. Sure he looked not bad when he returned from his NHL camp experience. But unfortunately it didn't take long for him to revert to form. I for one have never been impressed with his abilities or lack of same. It appears others agree with me.

peatfan
03-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Exactly where is the rose colored glasses you are talking about.
Fact 1- Schultz & Carson plays against opposition best line
Fact 2- Schultz is leading the HItmen with a +20
Fact 3- Schultz & Carson is tied for team scoring be the d with 40
So the above facts says maybe the two deserved co-winner. As for the future I feel Alzner will be a better NHL (or is my glasses rose colored) but he doesn't desserve this trophy this year(will probably win it the next two years). I feel like everyone else in that Schultz should be giving out more "big time" checks but that isn't his style. So maybe it is someone else who should get their glasses fixed. :bounce: