PDA

View Full Version : Ice move back to the Central Div!

Chipper
03-16-2006, 06:38 PM
The Ice are on the move back to the Central division again. What is your opinion?

Beaner
03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Good riddance. :laugh:

All kidding aside, the ICE were never really in the BC Division, except for the playoffs. Games against the ICE never felt like a division or even a conference rival.

If the ICE were not going to play BC Division opponents more than 3-4 times then they should move.

However I think the league is making a mistake in having a 12 team, vs 10 conference setup. I expect even more expansion int he very near future, either Victoria or Nanaimo.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out of BC ICE. ;) :laugh:

Chipper
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Good riddance. :laugh:

All kidding aside, the ICE were never really in the BC Division, except for the playoffs. Games against the ICE never felt like a division or even a conference rival.

If the ICE were not going to play BC Division opponents more than 3-4 times then they should move.

However I think the league is making a mistake in having a 12 team, vs 10 conference setup. I expect even more expansion int he very near future, either Victoria or Nanaimo.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out of BC ICE. ;) :laugh:

I agree.. That is what has been the most frustrating for me is that we play in one division and get most of our posts in another. Its hard to get respect with in the division when all you hear is you get your points from weaker opponents, or its not a true reading of your team in this division. I will be glad to earn our points in the same division as our competitiors do.

tender
03-16-2006, 08:54 PM
I think they may as well move back to the Central Division their playing the teams in that div as much as they always have were not seeing the BC div teams like we should be the Ice as we all know ended up sticking with more games against there Central div rivals instead of playing more games vs BC div teams like I think we all had hoped but when they do end up back in the Central it will definitely had some competion to that div . But for now the boys have two games left of the regular season and then its the best time of the year Playoff Time GO Ice GO!!! :clap:

Spungy
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
we are pretty much part of albeta anyhow, might as well be in that division.

I thought with talk of an edmonton expansion that they were going to leave us be for now.

Rammer
03-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree.. That is what has been the most frustrating for me is that we play in one division and get most of our posts in another. Its hard to get respect with in the division when all you hear is you get your points from weaker opponents, or its not a true reading of your team in this division. I will be glad to earn our points in the same division as our competitiors do.

Yep, the Ice don't play the equal amount of games within the BC division due to the travel costs that would be involved, when the Central division is within travel range. Glad to be back where we can earn our 4 point games on a more regular basis, helping seperate us from our competitors without having to rely upon other teams doing the work for us.