PDA

View Full Version : Broncos or 'Canes?

d-man
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Who would Tiger fans want to see in the first round?

Toswammi
03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
As a bronco fan i want the tigers. There is a solid rivalry, and its no secret that there are players playing in swift that think they have something to prove to the Hat. Looking at it through tiger eyes (ouch) i would think you would rather play a slumping lethbridge team that you just destroyed, but agian thats just my opinion.

CatFan
03-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I love the Swift-Hat rivalry, but we've played them about 3 years in a row now. i can't remember the last time Lethbridge and Medicine Hat played in a playoff series, and I think this would really heat up our rivalry even more. Plus, we do seem to have the Canes number (10 in a row in Lethbridge, even).

Tiger Trauma
03-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Lethbridge

We've outplayed them the whole season..and I think it would be in leth's head that they couldn't beat us....+ its about 30 mins less of a drive:)

Swift always plays a hard...and if moir were to be on fire he could steal a couple games by himself.

I believe that in a 7 game series the tigers would beat both teams...but facing lethbridge we might be able to take them in 4-5.....Wheras swift it could potentially be draining series
(I hope this doesnt sound too cocky...I just think facing lethbridge would be easier for us)

I would like to see swift play calgary......swift seems to give calgary a good run for their money everytime they play...

d-man
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
As a Bronco fan I'd rather play Calgary

Save the Swift-Hat rivalry for the second round.

Kris
03-18-2006, 01:57 PM
lethbridge tiger game... i would rather play lethbridge, we have owned them all year and i woudlnt wanna face a hot moir in the playoffs.. plus a healthy barker will be back in game 3 in swift or leth..

Flathead
03-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Welcome to whlfans Kris. :thumb:

stmartin11
03-18-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't really know which team I would like to see in the first round, but if my calculations are right I know who we are going to see. With a MH win over SC tonight that gives us 102 pts and SC gains no ground on Lethbridge. Also, the Hittie's may be in a position where RD can play the spoiler by beating them, as RD has played quite well at home as of late. The Canes on the other hand play the Reb's tomorrow to see the season draw to a close, winning this would definately put them ahead of SC. So, all in all it looks to me like for the umpteenth year in a row we draw the Bronco's in the first round. (with an exception to last year as the Bronco's failed to make the playoffs fo the first time in many years!!!)

All that matters now is who is gonna take the regular season crown. MH has 2 games @ home left - SC and Reg. I think that both of these games are winnable for the Tiger's. Calgary has only one game left and they have had troubles against the Reb's in the past, not to mention this game is up in the 'Deer. As for Vancouver, they have an enviable task of playing in what is sure to be the craziest rink in the dub tonight. I see the Hitmen falling in a shootout to the Reb's with the setimental favourite Cam Cunning scoring the winning goal. As for Van vs. Evt this is a toss up, I would love to see the Tips take this is in huge fashion as it would allow the Tiger's more of a chance at the regular season crown.

In the end, good luck to all teams for tonight and into the "second season". I just would like to say that win or lose, I am DAMN proud of what the Tiger's have done this season. I didn't give them much of a chance at the start of the season. Boy was I dead wrong.