PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Format

KBF
03-16-2006, 10:05 PM
It simply has to change, I mean obviously Kamloops eliminated themselves from the playoffs but they still had over 30 wins while teams like Portland and Tri-City who are off the 30 win mark are in? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense and with ANOTHER expansion team coming in they have got to change this all up because right now its just stupid.

nelson951
03-17-2006, 10:51 AM
No whining allowed

Beaner
03-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, just because its a kamloops fan doesnt mean it is whinning.

This has been discussed numerous times on this board and I think we all agree that the playoff format needs to be changed from top 4 in each division to top 8 per conference.

Kamloops should be in the playoffs, they have a better record than 3 other teams in the Conference, and only 1 point behind Seattle. A Change is needed, and hopefully the league addresses it in the near future.

Cougar Guy
03-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I agree that a change is required, however, it's going to become even more ridiculous with a 12 team Eastern Conference and a 10 team Western Conference. How exactly do you make a fair and consistent playoff system when the teams are distributed in this manner?

Unless you find a way to eventually have balanced Conference's, this whole thing has Mickey Mouse written all over it.

scamperdog
03-17-2006, 08:21 PM
this year as a Blazer fan I can say yha it sucks needs changing, but then again it gets changed my team finishes fourth in a division but yet Im not in the playoffs so again it sucks need changing, no matter what you do some team is not going to be happy, you can say the top eight in each conf make the playoffs but there is still teams upset because of unbalanced schedules, so there just is no easy answer.