PDA

View Full Version : Whlfans top 10...Idea

Tiger Trauma
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
I got an idea to maybe start at the beggining of next season.
Have you ever looked at the chl top ten list or whl writers poll and groan because they missed a couple teams that should of been ranked higher?

How about starting up a whlfan top 10 list every week?

We would need a bunch of quality posters..who would rate the teams of the whl from 1-10...I'm thinking around 10-40 poster's max.
We would need posters from almost every team or up to 2-3 poster's per team, so it's balanced.

Each team would get "points" per each poster opinions..then we would divvy up the points..and post the poll result...Sunday night or monday.(just the rankings and not each posters result..that may lead to arguments..lol)..maybe set up a hotmail account where a select view can overlook it...and poster results be stored

We could hold a discussion in the chat forums....say at 5PM mountain time on sunday.
Helping the posters on the "rate list" ....For example at the beggining of the season if you havn't seen a team yet..some of the chatters(regular posters not neccesarily "ratelist" posters) could help tell you about their characteristics of their team...

this could lead to interesting discussions about the chemistry and makeup of each team in the whl. We wouldnt need every "rate list" poster to post every week...just the majority of the poster's

we would probably neek an O.k from biily blade or hermingston ams fan to start this up. Thoughts?

I hope i didnt make any parts to confusing

ihlemic10
03-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I would be possibly intrested in doing it. Hopefully some others will be intrested.

Beaner
03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
great idea, count me in.

One way to avoid a "conflict of interest" to people rating their home team #1, is to make it so people can't vote for their own team.

Triton
03-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd be interested.That is if you would consider me.

Flathead
03-17-2006, 06:35 PM
a great idea, I would be interested in helping out too, if needed.

scamperdog
03-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Good idea, I'm interested

Tiger Trauma
03-18-2006, 01:00 AM
scamperdog
Flathead
canadian eh
Beaner
ihlemic10
Tiger Trauma
+2 administrators(herm + billy) if they agree

So far are interested in doing this.....
There a more than a few posters out there that i think could help us out greatly...Too bad i didnt think of this idea prior to this season.

If you are interested and have been a poster on this site for a while...or even a respected poster on the white board...or have season tickets, have been a scout or have good knowledge of the whl...mention your name or name of somebody that would be a good adddition!

I dont think that it should be me to ultimately decide who's in or out....but the groups opinion as a whole(if that is even possible :spineyes: )

To get the ball rolling
Here are a few names that i think could help out..if they want to put their names on the list(just briefly skimmed members section)

Hitmen1- Calgary
N.W Bruin-not sure
rebel39 -rebels
scout - swift
Fight Guy -regina
Chipper - kootney

Tipped Off - everett

HAF
03-18-2006, 01:57 AM
I'd be willing to do it. Billy Blade has a lot of irons in the fire but I would nominate Scout for a position. I also like Beaners idea of not being able to nominate your own team though.

Swando
03-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Sounds like a great idea. As a relatively new poster but yet knowledgable I say yes--then again I'd say that many watchers would love to see the rankings as well. Great idea

Triton
03-18-2006, 08:24 AM
scamperdog
Flathead
canadian eh
Beaner
ihlemic10
Tiger Trauma

There a more than a few posters out there that i think could help us out greatly...Too bad i didnt think of this idea prior to this season.

If you are interested and have been a poster on this site for a while...or even a respected poster on the white board...or have season tickets, have been a scout or have good knowledge of the whl...mention your name or name of somebody that would be a good adddition!

I dont think that it should be me to ultimately decide who's in or out....but the groups opinion as a whole(if that is even possible :spineyes: )

To get the ball rolling
Here are a few names that i think could help out..if they want to put their names on the list(just briefly skimmed members section)

Hitmen1- Calgary
N.W Bruin-not sure
rebel39 -rebels
scout - swift
Fight Guy -regina
Chipper - kootney

Tipped Off - everett

Sabes and Dannoabram I imagine would be my picks.Both very knowledgable.

Scout
03-18-2006, 08:47 AM
If it goes i'm in.

Scout

N.W. Bruin
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Though the fact that the home team cannot be counted in doesn't seem right if they deserve to be. If they are too many people from one team it will quite possiblely drop the team from the top ten even though it definitely should be there. One would hope that the posters would look at it with no loyalty involved.

WHEATMAN
03-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I will help if needed

Hatguy
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm in if you need me.

Tiger Trauma
03-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Kootenay
spokane
Portland
Prince Albert
Prince George
Seattle
Red Deer
Kelowna
Calgary
Lethbridge
Saskatoon
Regina

Still Need representatives from these teams...to throw their hat into the ring

so far we have 12 poster's who have put their names into the hat
(nothings final yet though)

Hatguy- Moose Jaw
Hermiston Ams Fan - Tri-city
Scamperdog - Kamloops
Scout - Swift
Flathead - Swift
Wheatman 96-96 - Brandon
Canadian eh - Brandon
Swando - Vancouver
N.W Bruin - vancouver
Beaner - Vancouver
Ihlemic10 - Everett
Tiger Trauma - Medicine Hat

Let me know If i messed up your "home" team or missed someone altogether
I will PM these two posters)
Dannoabram
Sabes

Tinner
03-18-2006, 05:44 PM
yep, will give it a whirl

N.W. Bruin
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Kootenay
spokane
Portland
Prince Albert
Prince George
Seattle
Red Deer
Kelowna
Calgary
Lethbridge
Saskatoon
Regina

so far we have 12 poster's who have put their names into the hat
(nothings final yet though)

Hatguy- Moose Jaw
Scamperdog - Kamloops
Scout - Swift
Flathead - Swift
Wheatman 96-96 - Brandon
Canadian eh - Brandon
Swando - Vancouver
N.W Bruin - vancouver
Beaner - Vancouver
Ihlemic10 - Everett

I will PM these two posters)
Dannoabram
Sabes

I already have paid for Bruin season tickets but not sure how many games I will end up missing due to schedule conflict between Vancouver and Chilliwack. My guess is Chilliwack will be Saturday loaded home games which will be okay as Giants are loaded with Friday home games.

LifelongChiefsFan
03-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll do it. Sounds like fun to me.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 05:56 PM
im up for it, sounds good

Chipper
03-18-2006, 06:53 PM
scamperdog
Flathead
canadian eh
Beaner
ihlemic10
Tiger Trauma

To get the ball rolling

Hitmen1- Calgary
N.W Bruin-not sure
rebel39 -rebels
scout - swift
Fight Guy -regina
Chipper - kootney

Tipped Off - everett

Count me in! I will help in any way needed

Tiger Trauma
03-18-2006, 07:43 PM
updated List
Portland
Prince George
Seattle
Calgary
Lethbridge
Saskatoon

so far we have 21 poster's who have put their names into the hat
(nothings final yet )

Hatguy- Moose Jaw
Scamperdog - Kamloops
Scout - Swift
Flathead - Swift
Wheatman 96-96 - Brandon
Canadian eh - Brandon
Swando?? - Vancouver
N.W Bruin - vancouver/Chilliwack
Beaner - Vancouver
Ihlemic10 - Everett
Dannoabram - Prince Albert
Sabes - Prince Albert
Chipper - Kootenay
rebel39 - Red Deer
Rebel66 - Red Deer
lifelongchiefsfan- Spokane
nivek wahs - Regina
Number4 - Regina/Lethbridge
Squig - Kelowna

Also:

I think a better way would be to allow each poster to vote for every team including his/her own...This list contains some of the most respected poster's out there....and I would assume they not use "homerism". If we were to find one poster doing this, his service would no longer be of use...and his results be ommited

N.W. Bruin
03-18-2006, 08:12 PM
updated List

Also:

I think a better way would be to allow each poster to vote for every team including his/her own...This list contains some of the most respected poster's out there....and I would assume they not use "homerism". If we were to find one poster doing this, his service would no longer be of use...and his results be ommited

Have to agree for the following reason mainly:

I believe it will be a case of likely wouldn't rate the home team as highly as will see the small flaws easier. Better feed on the home team both the good and poor points so very likely the home fans wouldn't overrate the home team quite to the same extent.

nivek_wahs
03-18-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm in... sounds interesting.

Beaner
03-18-2006, 08:39 PM

I agree, was just throwing out the idea of a "no vote for your home team" as an idea nothing more.

Number_4
03-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Could be fun. I know Im a Regina person, but I live in Leth most of the year while Im at school. So if you still need someone from that area, count me in.

Rebel66
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
If you want more than one Rebels fan, who can easily set loyalties aside, then I'm certainly interested. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Beaner
03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Should we maybe try and do a trial run of this, maybe using a "rank the playoff contenders?"

Could be interesting to see what happens and may give us a chance to see how people think etc.

We have almost a week to meet online and get it done before the playoffs start.

Tiger Trauma
03-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Sure a trial run would be a good idea....We can still add poster's during the offseason as well
I'm thinking of maybe having a section on this board for just posting the rankings/(discussion (prior to the picks))...callin it whlfans top 10???
hermiston ams fan...whadya think??

everyone would email their picks to an email account...and I or the select few would tally up the results and post it....(that way votes will be fairly private....but we will be able to see anything out of the ordinary)

I'll try to set things up tomorow..if everyone is in agreement

Sabes
03-19-2006, 10:57 PM
sounds like a plan

ihlemic10
03-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Plan sounds good. For maybe next season, could we even up the people per team. There are a couple of Everett and other team posters that I don't see on the list that really would alot of insight as well as making it even.

Squig
03-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I'll give it a shot

Tiger Trauma
03-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Yes i would like it as even as possible ..I would hope that the start of next season has as least 1 representative from every team minumum....If you know of any posters that would do a good job...pm me or post them here.

Dwight Schrute
03-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Sure a trial run would be a good idea....

I'll try to set things up tomorow..if everyone is in agreement

sounds good

Tiger Trauma
03-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Portland
Prince George
Seattle
Calgary
Lethbridge
Saskatoon

Still need poster's from these teams...you wont be apart of the trial run we are doing right now, but we would like to get more of a complete group by next season.

There are also a few teams who only have 1 poster so far as well. We could use another member from those teams as well