PDA

View Full Version : A Tranished Mystique After A Weekend S weep at Home

Panther
02-06-2005, 07:28 PM
There are so many thoughts and feelings I have after seeing my beloved Chiefs layed an egg not only on Friday Night...but they come up short again last night.......First...I am by no means out to stir the "Let's Hang'em Mob"...on the contrary...as a Season Ticket Holder I truly look forward to the Hockey Season and the priviledge I have to enjoy the entire show that we call Chiefs Hockey...Im voiceing my opinion in the hope that others might find soltice in they might feel the same way...Frustrated...Dissapointed and Bent.....wanting what I so dearly want and that sole desire is to see the kids have fun.....have fun playing in front of their adopted home crowd...have fun playing in front of their visiting parents and billets and friends.....having fun getting better as a Hockey player///having fun growing as a person....and having fun winning...I have the priviledge to see these kids as close to the glass as I can get.... Unlike Bob Eucker I sit in the front row.....and I have always and I guess always will see the body language and the facial expressions of all the kids on the ice...our kids as well as the visitiing teams kids...A disturbing pattern has been developing over the past several weeks....Our kids communicate very well together once they are on the ice in relation to the other team....our kids however seem to fall short in the pleasure of participating in the event called the game...The cause of this effect is several fold....but IMO it iis and will always be the Coaching FA-LA_SO FE (sorry Im not going to the Dictionary...I cant look it up because I cant spell...)...and how this approach is instilled in our kids...Bottom Line.....its all abvout the Coaching...It is quite clearthat these kids have not and have yet to buy inot the system of Al COnroy.....My baseball coach told us..."guys..if we score more runs than the other team we will win".....a secret?....No but boy is it hard to succeed....After the Trade deadline..Tim Speltz was quoted in the Spoane Paper Im paraphrasing..."Im happy where our team is now and is in a great position to make a run at this years playoffs as well as setting the foundation of next years team...Asked about the stability of the ground under Coach Conroys feet?.....Speltz gave us the impression if things don't turn around soon......he will have to make a change....Mr Speltz....early Friday February 3rd you were 3 points ahead of your BIGGEST RIVAL......hanging on to the last playoff spot...Your coach headed the effort that layed an incredible egg in the lack of effort on your home ice.....and then you came back and fail to defend your home ice advantage that you have to do under Playoff Hockey conditions....The kids didn't lose the game...IMO the system Coach Conroy currently has installed in these kids fails to allow them to put shots on net in a fashion that will allow them to score...Look at our shots on goal last night..... 32?....and most of these shots were outside of 15 feet of the crease......In a game of HORSE these hockey shots had they gone in would of won you the game of Horse.....very easily...However this isn't Horse its Junior A Hockey...Mr Sp[eltz...the time to make a change is here....your above noted quote is a month old next Friday...there is still time to secure the last playoff spot...We have 45 YTD this year....last year wew ended with 75 and the year before we had 62...Question?...WHERE IS THE EFFECTS OF CONROYS SYSTEM?...LAST PLACE......It is time for a change...I will conclude by saying Im not asking for a Memorial CUp appreance every year...but Im asking for your team to dominate your rival...and after last nights effort you can't win without beating the teams you are suppose to beat...beat them on your own ice....and take the opportunity to seperate yourself from the teams you are suppose to beat...Finally I will love , honor and cherish these beloved kids that don the Chiefs jersey...and I am expressing my thoughts for the unconditional love I have for them as Chiefs playrters who deserve a better fate that they have had to endure these past 30 months....Change is Inevidible...Growth is Optional.....Mr SPeltz what side of this simple thought do you stand on?......Go Chiefs....

screamin chief fan
02-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I too hope to see our boys play with heart, and passion, and be willing to play for a decent coach. I am sure Al is a nice guy but the last few years have shown that the boys are not buying into his system. I am a huge fan and will continue to go to games weather I am thrilled or bored.

bcboy
02-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't sgree with all you said put you make some very very good points. UNlike the ranting and personal attacks that seem to be the norm on the white board. That stuff doesn't help the kids or the team or anyone for that matter.

This group is young but talented and SHOULD be improving. The contract is up at the end of the year. At that time evaluate the team, the coach and the program. If the teaching needs to go in a new direction then it will be time to cut baite and move on.

I still believe that this group should really contend in the next 2 years. Experience and continuing to improve is the big key this year. playoff experience would be a hudge learning tool for this team. It's going to have to be play-off hockey the rest of the way just to make it.

I don't agree that the chiefs should be beating the AMS. Look at there roster, that team is built for this year. Hands down that team has the most talent in the conf. If they get the switch turned on they can beat anybody in the league. The chiefs can beat them with a great effort but you really can't expect them to beat that team. Portland & Everett they should beat but they are underdogs vs the Ams.

Again Panther you made some VERY good points and it will be interesting to see what happens by the end of the year.

I hope to see some good hockey between now and then

rich67
02-07-2005, 03:21 AM
this team {under the coaching of Conroy} has no work ethic,re getting beat to loose pucks, odd man rushes, and most important making the opponate pay for touching the puckis long since gone under CONROY!!!!!!!! He preaches stay out of the box at all times, Ithink this makes us soft and vunerable to unjust penaltys{just because the refs arent used to us hittin people}and this is the system Conroy teaches . I say hit everything in a visiting jersey evertime they touch the puck!!!!!!!!!! I E corners open ice and loose pucks. If you want tobe successful in this league you have to pay the price. Conroy must go to acheive this goal. Wether it is Gronberg or Sawyer next year we have to get tougher[not just the fights] but one on one battles to compete next year.thats right not this year but next. i see us winning alot of games because of hard work, but CONROY isnt the guy to do this. just get rid of this nuisence once and for all.

rezstyle
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I think you have to look at the team. Aside from JD, JL, MS....who else could be known as a physical presence? I think after these, maybe Klassen is our biggest hitter? I don't think we have the team to be physical and it has a lot to do with experience and the style of play of people. Wrong or right, our defense just aren't big hitters. They are more of a stay back and let the play happen in front of them types (make them make the first move). We also have a very undersized teams, especially when you compare us to T.C. But, I think this does go back to coaching and the style Conroy has set up. He has obviously chosen to go with skill and hope to beat people that way. The problem as I see it is we are too young for the skill style he has set up. And, personally, I'd rather see the more physical approach, but I think in the next couple of years, sad to say, his system may work as our younger guys get a little experience. However, with that being said, when physical teams come in, if they are smart they will just lay a few cheap hits on our players. Since our team has seemed to move toward more skill than muscle, we won't have many players to stand up for one another...like they do that now anyways... I think without JD next year, if we don't pick up another enforcer, we're gonna be hurting. If you remember last year when JD went out with injuries, we got steamrolled alot. Next year will be the same although Stoesz and Lynch will be around. Both fighters are willing to take on anyone, but that's all our toughness depth. I like the looks of reich, but he's never going to be considered an enforcer, simply a good fighter. I think McCue has promise, but we'll have to see what he is like coming back from injury. I can live with a lack of toughness if we are competitive. Judging by this year, I don't know how possible that is. The one thing I really hate seeing on the ice is a team with no one that sticks up for each other. Have you noticed how Watt is sticking up for himself alot of times by getting in the opponents face or jabbing them with his stick....that should NEVER have to happen, but unfortunately for the Chief's it has the last few years. I like seeing Lynch yell from the bench at someone doing something cheap. I'd take a dozen of those type of players over skill anyday.