PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Blades

Triton
03-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Urgh! I don't know what to say.I hope tomorrow we can avoid the 10 game sweep.Anyone have comments or thoughts??

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-17-2006, 11:21 PM
well it was a good game not only because the Blades won but,it was nice to see the Raiders one more time this season,I will give the Raiders credit because they battled hard(even though these last 2 games do not really mean anything for the Raiders, Kyle Chipchura and Joe Barnes had something going and their was no letting up when it came to hitting or grinding in out on the boards. Now Kyle Chipchura can move on up with his hockey career (probably to the AHL with Montreal's farm team the Hamilton Bulldogs) The Raiders will have even more reasons to try and prevent being swept this weekend in the end of the Home and Home to finnish the regular season.

I also have a question about Alex Archibald: I was looking at the Raiders line-up in the game day program and it says that his hometown is Ottawa,Ontario,(It might be a typo, but with that being said wouldn't he be only allowed to play in a league where only players born in certain provinces(WHL-Saskatchewan,Alberta,British Columbia,Manitoba,United States, and Europe)
OHL-Ontario.... and the QMJHL-Quebec......) would allow for a player to only play in a certain league? Would he only be alllowed to play in the OHL? I am obviously wrong because he is playing in the WHL. This is just something that struck my attention.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 02:03 AM
i was at the game tonight in stoon. ouch. archie actually played really good. 3 goals were a direct result of shaefer. one goal shaefer bumped archie right off his feet and left a wide open net for cloud to score in. depape had the slight edge in his fight but after he got the take down the blade punched him when his head was on the ice. a pair of scouts were sitting in front of me (one i believe had a habs logo on his jacket) and believe it or not the only player they would talk about and talked about a lot was ashton hewson. didnt hear them say chipper or setoguchi or anthing other than how impressed they were with hewson.(he may be our best chance of a player getting drafted). i thought it was nice that he got noticed. i was disgusted with shaefer and really dissapointed with byers, something is really bothering the kid. it was like he gave up and didnt want to be there. does anybody know why mcdonald and tendler were scratched ?

Triton
03-18-2006, 08:13 AM
well it was a good game not only because the Blades won but,it was nice to see the Raiders one more time this season,I will give the Raiders credit because they battled hard(even though these last 2 games do not really mean anything for the Raiders, Kyle Chipchura and Joe Barnes had something going and their was no letting up when it came to hitting or grinding in out on the boards. Now Kyle Chipchura can move on up with his hockey career (probably to the AHL with Montreal's farm team the Hamilton Bulldogs) The Raiders will have even more reasons to try and prevent being swept this weekend in the end of the Home and Home to finnish the regular season.

I also have a question about Alex Archibald: I was looking at the Raiders line-up in the game day program and it says that his hometown is Ottawa,Ontario,(It might be a typo, but with that being said wouldn't he be only allowed to play in a league where only players born in certain provinces(WHL-Saskatchewan,Alberta,British Columbia,Manitoba,United States, and Europe)
OHL-Ontario.... and the QMJHL-Quebec......) would allow for a player to only play in a certain league? Would he only be alllowed to play in the OHL? I am obviously wrong because he is playing in the WHL. This is just something that struck my attention.

Even if Archi was from Ottawa it wouldn't matter really.Look at Tidball,he's from Regina but played with the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL.I remember a while ago the Raiders brought in a player from the Q named Sean Farmer.Look at Nolan Waker he's from S.C but playing for the Brampton Battallion of the O.

On another note..The Blades need to quit making jersey's for every silly occasion.Yuck,those green jersey's were hideous.Since the Raiders wore their homes jeresey's last night,are they wearing their 3rds or their black ones tonight??Should be a rough game tonight.Hopefully there are LOTS of fights.

Triton
03-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone know why Deckert had an "A" on his jersey?

Sabes
03-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I heard they are wearing their black ones tonight, and they are the ones that will be auctioned off after the game.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
does anybody know why tendler and depape were scratched last night ? and also since andy smith will be in town today to play against the mintos will he by chance dress tonight as they will be short bodies (id like to see lepp and maybe others from the moosejaw team play). heres hoping for a rough and tumble game ?

mat01800
03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
The Blades are sitting Klassen Rabbit Setoguchi Logan and Cole for tonites game. Jimmy Watt is getting the start

Sabes
03-18-2006, 03:40 PM
does anybody know why tendler and depape were scratched last night ? and also since andy smith will be in town today to play against the mintos will he by chance dress tonight as they will be short bodies (id like to see lepp and maybe others from the moosejaw team play). heres hoping for a rough and tumble game ?

I thought DePape got into a scrap so he wasn't scratched. Also I am pretty sure Lepp plays in Manitoba. Smith, Sydiaha and Oak play on Moose Jaw forsure though.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I thought DePape got into a scrap so he wasn't scratched. Also I am pretty sure Lepp plays in Manitoba. Smith, Sydiaha and Oak play on Moose Jaw forsure though.
sorry i meant mcdonald and tendler why were those 2 scrtched last night ? my bad