PDA

View Full Version : The streak ends

Triton
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
An undermanned Regina Pats squad dropped a 4 - 2 decision to the Brandon Wheat Kings on Friday night to end their season high six-game road winning-streak, and drop their overall record to 39-27-1-4 this season.

Just over six minutes into the game the Pats lost nineteen-year-old forward Jordan Fuder with a knee injury after Ryan Reaves was assessed a five-minute kneeing penalty and a game misconduct.

The Pats opened the scoring on Garrett Festerling's twenty-second of the season, moment after their power-play expired at the 11:07 mark. Justin Bernhardt & Craig Schira added the assists.

Just over a minute later, Mark Derlago evened the score with a power-play goal assisted by Daryl Boyle & Dustin Kohn.

John Wikner put the Wheaties ahead with an even-strength goal off a set faceoff play with 3:44 remaining in the opening period.

Veteran defenceman Derek Reinhart also left the game in the first period after suffering a shoulder injury.

Brandon outshot the Pats in the first period 9 - 6.

Immediately following a Scott Brownlee fight with Riley Day, Logan Pyett evened the score with 3:26 after converting a two-on-one opportunity with Ian Duval, hammering a one-time shot past Tyler Plante.

Tyler Dittmer scored the game-winner after jumping on a rebound to put the Wheaties back in front with 9:10 remaining in the final stanza. Riley Day had an assist on the game-winner.

Derlago added an empty-net goal with twenty-two seconds remaining to close out the scoring.

Tyler Plante made twenty-three saves in the victory. David Reekie made twenty-one saves in defeat.

The Pats were 0/2 on the power-play, while the Wheat Kings were 2/6 with the man advantage.

To view the official online game sheet click here

The Pats were without twenty-year-old forward Matt Robinson, nineteen-year-old defenceman Josh Fauth & sixteen-year-old defenceman Nick Ross who were all out of the line-up with the flu.

On Saturday, Southland Mall will be hosting a Playoff Pep-Rally at centre-court, beginning at 12:00PM.

On Sunday the team will travel to Medicine Hat to close the regular season in search of their fortieth win of the season.

The Saskatoon Blades 4 - 1 win over Prince Albert on Friday ensure the Pats will open-up their much anticipated playoff series with Saskatoon on the road. A finalized playoff schedule will be released shortly.

YAY Brandon :clap: .Way to go boys.You earned that win.

patsfan33
03-18-2006, 12:18 AM
...that they did, wonder what the game woulda been like if we woulda had N. Ross and Robinson (feel better soon guys!)

WHEATMAN
03-18-2006, 11:55 AM
the reffing that game had to be some of the worst I have seen in the Dub in a while. Bad calls both ways especially that ghost call on reaves where he received a 5 minute major and a game for a clean hit (which was said to be a knee), I have never heard of Klein reffing any games before, but I hope he calls it quits, he is terrible

Pats11
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I hope some video of the game is put up on the Pats site 'cause this is the 3rd time I've heard from a Brandon fan that the call on Reaves was wrong.....just seems funny that a kneeing major was the call and Fuder left with a knee/leg injury.

patsdude114
03-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Brandon fans have such a hard time knowing what is a dirty hit and what is a clean hit....heck they watched Tootoo for too many years to know what a clean hit is anymore......look back at the Jordan McGillvary hit, my Uncle who lives in Brandon and a season ticket holder had told me and my dad that there was nothing wrong with that hit, the Brandon player got caught with his head down and McGillvary laid him out with his shoulder.

I myself didnt see this knee on Fuder so i cant say if it was dirty or not, plus i havent talked with my uncle since this game. This knee (which its being called) just adds to the feud between the Pats and Wheaties just too bad Fuder wont be able to even the score with Reeves considering this will be Fuders last season in a Pats jersey, cause he wont be back as a 20 yr old nexted season.

Just a quick note on the Tootoo part above, 90% of Tootoo's hits were charging. Especially when he was on Team Canada. Every penalty kill Tootoo was on when Brandon dumped the puck down Tootoo would circle around in his own end until the opposition started to come out of there zone then Tootoo would dart after the puck carrier and level him, that is charging (taking more then 3 hard strides to make a hit) and the bad thing about it is the ref's would rarely call it but that doesnt surprise me with the ref's in this league who couldnt even tell you what color of jersey's the Wheat Kings wear.

Anyways good luck Pats in the playoffs

GO PATS GO!!!!!!

Koivu 11
03-19-2006, 08:08 PM
You couldn't even beat the Wheaties? Whatcha gonna do...when Setoguchi and Khudobin run wild on you??? :groovy:

Pats11
03-19-2006, 10:51 PM
You couldn't even beat the Wheaties? Whatcha gonna do...when Setoguchi and Khudobin run wild on you???

Hahaha, yeah right. If I were the Blades the Pats would be the last team I'd want to face right now, won 7 out of the last 8 games all on the road......the hottest team in the dub right now.

nivek_wahs
03-20-2006, 02:23 AM
You couldn't even beat the Wheaties? Whatcha gonna do...when Setoguchi and Khudobin run wild on you??? :groovy:

I say ha. You gotta give props to Brandon... they are a good team.

Hahaha, yeah right. If I were the Blades the Pats would be the last team I'd want to face right now, won 7 out of the last 8 games all on the road......the hottest team in the dub right now.

All I can say is that the Pats/Blades series might be one of the best in the first round. The teams are so closely matched (waiting for criticism here... :D ). But if you look at it both teams are built on speed and both teams scored a bunch of goals... yada yada yada. But let's put it this way... its a whole "new season" and everything starts over. May the best team win (hopefully it's the Pats).