PDA

View Full Version : Giants Playoffs televised...

rinkrat
03-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Apparantly SHAW is broadcasting the Giants in the first round! :groovy:

langdak
03-18-2006, 02:41 AM
are they finally gonna actually put a crew in PG so we can see the away games?

Swando
03-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Langdak --you beat me to the response. I don't think I could bear to watch it on the internet with those 2 --------s announcing. Do you know what ------means? lol :spineyes:

langdak
03-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I know exactly what you mean Swando

I cant handle another minute of those knobs up there, words can describe the lack of "quality" for their radio shows

Hopefully they do send a camera crew up to PG so i am not forced to pay 6 bucks to listen to the garbage that is produced from our friends up north

Swando
03-18-2006, 03:31 AM
If they are not planning to send a crew up ---maybe we can phone them (every few hours/minutes and put the bug in there ear. What do you think?
If it's logistics ok ----cost uhuh. They'll have 30000 + viewers!!

Kassian
03-21-2006, 02:27 PM
CALGARY, AB - Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League and Shaw Cablesystems today announced that the entire first round series of the 2006 WHL Playoffs between the B.C. Division Champions Vancouver Giants and the Prince George Cougars will be televised live on Shaw TV and Star Choice throughout Western Canada. This is the third year that Shaw has produced the playoffs and broadcast them to western Canadians.

In addition, Shaw TV will also broadcast a full series in the WHL Conference Semi-Finals and WHL Conference Finals as well as the entire WHL Championship series throughout Western Canada. Following each round of the WHL Playoffs, WHL and Shaw TV will announce the series that will be broadcast.

The first two games of the series begin Friday, March 24th at 7:30 PM PST and Saturday, March 25th at 7:00 PM PST from the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver.

The following is the full series Vancouver Giants vs. Prince George Cougars Schedule:

24-Mar Prince George @ Vancouver 7:30
25-Mar Prince George @ Vancouver 7:00
28-Mar Vancouver @ Prince George 7:30
29-Mar Vancouver @ Prince George 7:30
1-Apr Prince George @ Vancouver 7:00*
3-Apr Vancouver @ Prince George 7:30*
5-Apr Prince George @ Vancouver 7:00*

All times are local. Check your TV listings for channel location.
* - If necessary

The entire 2006 WHL Playoff schedule can be found at www.whl.ca.

Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications company whose core business is providing broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Digital Phone, telecommunications services (through Big Pipe Inc.) and satellite direct-to-home services (through Star Choice Communications Inc.) to over three million customers. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 index (Symbol: TSX - SJR.NV.B, NYSE - SJR).

The Western Hockey League, a leading supplier of talent to the National Hockey League and Canada’s National Team, currently have 21 member franchises operating throughout Western Canada and the U.S. Pacific Northwest.

Link (http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=4018)

GF71
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
SWEET!!! This will save me a lot of $$ for gas going up north several times. Good to hear. I think they should still show regional coverage of Kelowna and Kootenay...not sure if they can break it down like that or not, but...people in Kelowna will be pissed that they have to watch the Giants! ;)

Kassian
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
SWEET!!! This will save me a lot of $$ for gas going up north several times. Good to hear. I think they should still show regional coverage of Kelowna and Kootenay...not sure if they can break it down like that or not, but...people in Kelowna will be pissed that they have to watch the Giants! ;)

Tough for them. I get tired of seeing every Shaw regular season game involving Kelowna. :laugh:

We deserve a break for once. ;)

langdak
03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Tough for them. I get tired of seeing every Shaw regular season game involving Kelowna. :laugh:

We deserve a break for once. ;)

I agree, its about time the Giants dominate the shaw channel.

Kelowna fans watching the Giants goes along with Keller staring at his 50th goal puck with a nice big GIANTS logo on it....lol :thumb:

Beaner
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Well that settles it, bye bye Live stream, hello Shaw.

Swando
03-21-2006, 05:47 PM
AH Gee Whizz! I was looking forward to the announcing knobs from PG. Boo Hoo.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm hurtin'. I dumped my Shaw cable for Bell Expressvue. Is anyone going to invite me over on road game nights? :confused:

Colin
03-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm hurtin'. I dumped my Shaw cable for Bell Expressvue. Is anyone going to invite me over on road game nights? :confused:

haha, i was just gonna post how i'm in the same boat as well, except i'm double-stuck because we're in an area with no cable, and thus no broadband internet - since i don't think we can get DSL either.

regardless, i'm looking forward to the series. :D

TheBrass
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I might be wrong, but I believe that those of you with Bell Expressvue will be able to get these games. I have watched Giants games on the shaw channel at the homes of people with satellite service before. Maybe check your channel listings again, I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.........fingers crossed for you.

Section_Z
03-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I might be wrong, but I believe that those of you with Bell Expressvue will be able to get these games. I have watched Giants games on the shaw channel at the homes of people with satellite service before. Maybe check your channel listings again, I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.........fingers crossed for you.

Maybe your friends have Shaw Digital Cable...

TheBrass
03-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Nope, I have Shaw Digital Cable so I am not confusing it with satellite. I am just not sure if their system is with Bell or the other company (the name totally escapes me right now) but at least one of those companies does broadcast the local Shaw channel.

langdak
03-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Shaw does come through on certain satellite dishes

I just checked with my uncle, and they have Star Choice satellite, and i know for a fact they do get Shaw on theirs.

For the Bell users, take a look at your channel guide, you may get shaw, who knows.

Colin
03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
i seem to remember hearing that starchoice had it before also... however, expressvu, i'm not too sure. i'll definitely look into it though, because i'd love to prove myself wrong. :)

Knuckles Muldoon
03-23-2006, 06:54 PM
i seem to remember hearing that starchoice had it before also... however, expressvu, i'm not too sure. i'll definitely look into it though, because i'd love to prove myself wrong. :)
As far as I know, StasChoice carries Shaw, Bell ExpressView doesn't.

langdak
03-24-2006, 01:43 AM
As far as I know, StasChoice carries Shaw, Bell ExpressView doesn't.

as i stated above, StarChoice carries shaw, i know for a fact they do cuz i have watched shaw on starchoice.