PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Game Is Soldout

HAF
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
TONIGHT'S GAME IS SOLDOUT
March 18, 2006
Kennewick, WA - Tonight’s Prince George Cougars versus Tri-City Americans game at the Toyota Center is a complete sellout. Tickets will go on sale for round one of the WHL Playoffs this Tuesday, March 21st at 9 AM at the Toyota Center box office and all Tickets West outlets including Red Lion Hotels.

Call 1.800.325SEAT or order on line at http://www.ticketswest.com.

Beaner
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow, fabulous news for Tric-cities!

Well done, nice to see after all the ______ from last year, hopefully they can fill the building as well for the playoffs.

How many does the rink in Tri hold by the way?

HAF
03-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I've seen several numbers float around on various lists ranging from 5200 to 5900. According the 05-06 WHL media guide the official capacity is 5,731.
On a side note, as of Wednesday night the Am's attendance is up over 17% this year over last year for the second highest increase in the league right behind Moose Jaw with 20%. We are averaging 3,771 per game this year as apposed to 3,221 last season. These numbers are as of Thursday March 16th so the official number will come out to be even higher after this weekend. We had 4,700+ there last night and will have 5,700+ there tonight.
In closing I'm sure Darryl Porter is eating crow as he said that the Tri Cities just wasnt a viable market for WHL hockey. Eat that crow Darryll!!!! our average attendance is higher then chilliwacks entire capacity of 3,700!!!

Stay-Puft
03-18-2006, 05:07 PM
This year, the Ams are doing more than ever to get people to come in, with all of the special promotions. I thought previous ownership was full of (bleep) and were always looking for a way to move the franchise and I think people saw that. They were toting the same lines as previous ownerships. Now you have owners that live here locally and (gasp) actually show up here in town from time to time.

Anyway, looking forward to the sellout tonight. Should be a great game after last night. There should be plenty of energy to feed off of tonight.

HAF
03-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Just look at the difference in promotions this year. You add to that the TV news coverage boost,the Am's insider show on KVEW and radio and TV advertising. There was very little of that in the last few previous years. I think the marketing people have done a great job putting butts in seats this year. With Porter at the wheel I dont think he even gave them a marketing budget to do anything with.

HAF
03-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Tonights official attendance was 5,933!!! That will do great things for our regular season average!!!