PDA

View Full Version : Great game - Rebs/Hitmen

mapletoft
03-18-2006, 11:41 PM
What a treat for the last game of the season! Great performances from all the players! Versteeg vs. Petterson - WOW! Versteeg sure took that one! Great to see Brd Sutter yak at Pogge and then to beat him in overtime with a phenomenal shot. Berube cranked on Reich in another scrap- have you even seen a call like that...Reich is roughing up Berube and is getting a penalty...Berube has enough and lets him have it and ends up with the instigator - go figure! Reimer - this guy has got the goods - positioning, perseverance and poise - outstanding! The youngsters looked great especially Mappin and Halliday! Great celebration after the Lamoureux goal. And to top it all off Sutter and Kisio yapping at each other...anybody know what that was about?

Great game boys...has me looking forward to training camp.

All the best to Lepp, Cunning and Chapman. Lepp was great for Reimer...great tandem, too bad it wasn't for the full year!

SectionNDeserter
03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Versteeg vs. Petterson - WOW! Versteeg sure took that one!Isn't that just like Versteeg to pick on the smallest guy on the team! :laugh:

Berube cranked on Reich in another scrap- have you even seen a call like that...Reich is roughing up Berube and is getting a penalty...Berube has enough and lets him have it and ends up with the instigator - go figure!Yeah, looked like he was really working to even that one up, the part I didn't understand was the 10 minute misconducts.

Reimer - this guy has got the goods - positioning, perseverance and poise - outstanding! The youngsters looked great especially Mappin and Halliday! Mappin and Halliday looked great, Stebner didn't look at all out of place, and put a couple of solid checks on some guys behind the net.

And to top it all off Sutter and Kisio yapping at each other...anybody know what that was about?I think the gist of it was that Sutter had a lot of veterans out of the lineup with the addition of the 4 youngsters, and he thought Calgary was trying to take a bunch of his remaining veteran players off the ice and possibly out of the game by Pogge starting that big altercation

RDRebelsfan
03-19-2006, 12:30 AM
that was a fantastic game...I have no voice left.

lmao@ Shiny's chicken dance. THAT was awesome stuff!! Looking forward to next season!

Rebel66
03-19-2006, 01:04 AM
I really enjoyed that one. The entire team came to play and really wanted this one. It was like a playoff battle out there. I was very impressed with the youngsters, especially Mappin and Halliday. That gives me even more hope for the future.

Shiny's chicken dance was pretty funny. Still don't quite understand why Poge didn't get a minor out of that altercation. He did start the fracas after all with a stick on Brn Sutter.

So it's the end of the regular home season and no playoffs to look forward to. Oh well we might get bored with success if we won every year. Right???????

So who are you all cheering for in the playoffs?

I'm rooting for the Ice. Always enjoyed their fans and the games we've had against them in the past. Other than that I'm rooting for ABC. (Anyone but Calgary!!!)

RDRebelsfan
03-19-2006, 02:25 AM
I usually. go for Kootenay or Kelowna in the past if RD got bumped out. Those two will be playing each other. I'll also want Everett to succeed since I know someone off of that team.

3rebels
03-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Isn't that just like Versteeg to pick on the smallest guy on the team

Whaatt ??? Petterson is beaking off at Versteeg, throws down his helmet and my eyes decieve me, Versteeg answers (and very well). With the rookies in the line up (and they did not look out of place) getting a shot, next year looks very "UP". Can't wait.
Gotta cheer for Medicine Hat, or Kootenay. Love to see the WHL bring the Mem Cup back this way again.
:groovy: :clap: :groovy:

SectionNDeserter
03-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Whaatt ??? Petterson is beaking off at Versteeg, throws down his helmet and my eyes decieve me, Versteeg answers (and very well).I know, that was the joke, since Versteeg is by far the smallest, least physical guy on our team :) Was nice to see him give the fans a little entertainment on the last night. :thumb:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Isn't that just like Versteeg to pick on the smallest guy on the team! :laugh:

He went after the pats smallest guy, festerling, in regina too. It wasnt a bad one and i think versteeg won that one too. It doesnt surprise me he fought pettersson

Tinner
03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
i'm not sure, what then, are you saying?

SectionNDeserter
03-19-2006, 06:48 PM
He went after the pats smallest guy, festerling, in regina too. It wasnt a bad one and i think versteeg won that one too. It doesnt surprise me he fought petterssonPeople, people, Versteeg is like 5'9 and a buck fifty, when I said that it was a joke, because he really has to look to find someone smaller to pick on. :)

Nature Boy
03-20-2006, 04:23 PM
This was a great game to watch. It was like a playoff atmosphere out there. It was a treat to watch for the last home game of the season. The boys looked like they wanted to play and wanted to win one for the fans. The young kids didn't look out of place. They played well and Stebner didn't look out of place on D. The boys played hard and deserved to win that one. They all looked good especially Mappin and Halliday. Mappin is a good skater and looked to hit and Halliday has good spedd and he showed it on the game tying goal. The line brawl was great. It would have been even better if Pogge had got into a fight. He started it with the slah on Brandon Sutter and never even got a penalty for it. The Versteeg/Pettersson fight was great. They were holding each other and talking and then dropped the gloves. It was awsome and Versteeg kicked Pettersson's butt, I didn't know Versteeg could fight. I thought that the hitmen were trying to bully the Rebels younger players and they were trying to take the vets off the ice and play against the rookies. I thought that Lameroux had his best game. He had to play D when the other ones were kicked out, Berube and Versteeg. He played penalty kill and did well, he is also a great face off man. The shoot out was great. Reimer looked good the whole game. I think he would like the Calgary Goal back but in the shoot out he was awsome. The best part was Brandon's perfect shot to beat Pogge high glove side. The best part was it was revenge for the slash.
The best part about the win is that we cost Calgary First place in the Division and Pogge lost. The other best part was Shiny's Chicken Dance for Pogge. That was a good dance Shiney. My dad didn't want to go to the game and I told him that it would be good and it was the 2nd best game of the year besides the Prince Albert Game the week before.
I am also cheering for ABC (Anyone but Calgary)

Can't wait until next year this team should be good and I guarentee will be in the playoffs especially when Calgary will loose Pogge.