PDA

View Full Version : What an awesome season ender!!

fightstrap50
03-19-2006, 02:51 AM
The team really came together tonight and played and absolute dominating game. Just the shots on goal count sais enough about this game with the ICE outshooting Spokane 52 to 20 while alowing Spokane only 4 shots in the first and third periods. WOW what a turn around from last nights game eh. Great efforts all around. Pretty much a domination by the ICE the whole game and was a fun one to watch for the last game, and in front of a sell out crowd ofr 4653 people. :spineyes:

Lazaruk got the start tonight but let in 2 goals on the first three shots he faced but then proceeded to put on a goal tending clinic on some good spokane chances through the second and third periods. Also he takes home the "rookie of the year" award for the 05/06 season. Congrats Kris, we wouldnt be this far ahead this season if not for your stellar play for the first 19 games of the season as a rookie starter. He has a very bright future ahead of him.

Adam Cracknell can be the most impressive player I've seen sometimes and he was on a mission tonight to prove it. He finished the night with 3 goals and 4 assists for 7 points and was a plus-6. That is one heck of a way to play your last game in the WHL. Not to mention that he takes home the MVP trophy and players choice award. Great to have been able to see this guy coming up as a junior and now looking like he's ready to make a big jump to Pro hockey with the Flames organization. He finsished with 42 goals and 51 assists for 93 points. Currently second in WHL scoring leaders behind Troy Brouwer. What a player this guy is. Im really going to hate seeing him leave as he has been one great captain. Way to go Adam, congrats on an awesome season, now focus on the next games ahead and lead the team through to the next rounds of playoffs.

Dale Mahovsky and Casey Lee both finished the season in great fasion both working hard as usual and contributing solid efforts every night. Dale is the ICE franchise leader in games played at 345 with one franchise for his whole carreer. Its going to be hard to see him Graduate as he's become such a popular and well known guy to the city and fans alike. He finshes his regular season with 22 goals 35 assists for 57 points with a total of 234 regualar season carreer points. Way to go Dale rip it up in the playoffs!

Casey Lee scored his 20th goal of the season tonight making the team have a total of seven 20+ goal scorers including Cracknell, Russell, Mahovsky, Lee, Maxwell, Billsten, and DaSilva. We can see why they call Casey "Lazer" as he can really move and contributes and agitating hard nosed game and has been a great addition to the team since joining from the Blazers Roster a couple years ago. Casey finsihes with a carreer high scoring season with 20 goals and 30 assists for 50 points. Right on Casey keep up the hard work out there in the playoffs.

Maxwell has a 4 point night with 2 goals and 2 assists and was really looking like the same player from the start of the season getting chances all over the place and probly should have had another goal tonight with some of his moves. He is going to be an unreal player to watch develop over the next couple years and will be probly set new franchise records in alot of categories. His season total was 28 goals, 32 assists for 60 points. :thumb:

Russell needs no explanation to tell you how big of an addtion this guy is to the ICE. He skates hard every single night, has a great shot, has great vision and can skate like the wind. Probly next years captain and scoring leader alongside Maxwell on the first line. Not to mention he gets the award for the "fans choice" award for favorite player. He ends the season with 33 goals, 42assists for 75 points. Wow!!

Its been a great season watching the whole entire team come together and play so well, They end this year with 94 points and 6th in the WHL as of now. As well as making the playoffs for 8(??) consecutive years. Great job by the whole franchise over the years.

this post could be 10 pages long but I cant go through every players season all in one post so Please be my guest and give your input on some other players as well. I know every guy is what makes a team so lets here some opinions ICE fans.

GO ICE GO!!!

fightstrap50
03-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I was also going to comment on Dustin Slyvester's play as of late. Last night alone I think he had at least 5 shots on net and every one of them was a great scoring chance. I think he's finally getting used to using such a long stick as he is really coming on now. He could have had about 4 goals but was absolutly robbed by the goalie on a few.

His speed is unreal and he has wicked hands on the puck. Last night he even got a huge cheer for his efforts when he stcik handled around 3 guys and let a wicked shot go only to have it saved before the twine in the top corner buldged. I think his play could be a HUGE factor in the playoffs if he stays on the third line with the amount of ice time he see's there.

He is going to be one big part of this team for the future and I see him making tonnes of contributions on the score sheets. :groovy:
Its a pleasure watching this little speedster get up and go hard every shift he gets. Stay on it Dustin, we love ya. :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!