PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Triton
03-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I know this season was not what Raider fans expected.There were far too many downs than ups.We played some very uninspiring hockey at times,but this hockey is better than no hockey,and for that I want to say thank you to the Raiders.I know alot of changes to this team will come about,and it's apparent that we may struggle next season,but there are positives and we will build to be competative again.Whether we get a new GM,new coach,and/or new players I'll still be a supporter and have been through thick and thin.

We did get a good look into the future,with Trach,Tendler,Aime,Smith,Gross,Lepp and others which is a sign of things to come.We also seen the emergance of some players such as Deckert,Byers,Gauthier and Dowhay.We had Kyle Chipchura captain team Canada,and both him and Aki came home with medals.We had players leave,players come,injuries ect and still managed to still front with some of the best teams in the league such as Calgary,Medicine Hat and Vancouver.

As the season wore on,so did the team.I think it wasn't that we were not putting effort in I think it was a matter of this team being beat up all year.The schedule,injuries and other things just caught up with the Raiders.I'm not making excuses for them missing the post season but this team was spent.Inconsistency played a huge part in our dismal season as well.

I know we have probably seen the last of some players such as Kyle Chipchura,A.J Thelen,Dane Byers,Aki Seitsonen and Alex Archibald and we did see the last of Evan Schafer,Michal Polak,and Brett Novak,but we do have some players coming up that probably won't replace those guys but can add to what they have done here.It may take a year or two but we will be a team to watch out for down the road.To those guys leaving I say good luck whereever hockey and life takes you.

I already have my seson tickets locked up for next season,I hope you do too.With the mill closure this team and community needs your support more than ever.I hope to actually meet some of you next season,and I think for the home opener,I will have a tailgate party and I invite you to come and mingle with the other fans.

See ya at training camp.