PDA

View Full Version : Broncos and Tigers 1st round

Flathead
03-19-2006, 12:39 PM
What will be the keys to winning this series? We've had a tough time this year with the Tigers, but we can win this series, there is zero doubt in my mind. We need to stay out of the penalty box, cut down on useless icings, and offsides. With the offsides, we had a lot of nice rushes starting up last night, but went offside. And number one is pretend that Dorsett isn't even dressed, it's part of HIS game to get us off of our game and he does it to us all the time. If we stick to our game and stay out of the penalty box, we will win.

ointhecreek
03-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Learn how to clear our zone!!!! To many turn overs in our own end. We also have to counter the forecheck of the tigers, they were on us all night before we could get the puck out. They are beatable but I won't hold my breath. I know I'll get critsized for this, but I don't think we will win more then 1. Tigers are just to good when they are at the top of their game with Willie calling the shots. Sorry guys, but prove me wrong. You beat the Tigers and I'll shave my head! (need a cut anyway) Anyone else care to step up? :D

Scout
03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I will hold you to that and so will the players that read this board. I would join you but as you know i don't have alot of hair left.

Scout :thumb:

Tiger Trauma
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
thats interesting to know that some of the players do read this board?

I just cant wait for the atmosphere in the arena...in playoff times its like nothing else..I imagine players from both teams can hear the roar of the crowd in their dressing rooms....it should be a close series. Many 1 or 2 goal games, I'm thinking. Swift current does have a chance..if they can manage to win the first games..anything can happen.

transplantedbronco
03-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah I will step up. We beat the tigers i will shave my head. I'm already dying my hair blue for the first round. Told them i would, so why not shave it for the second round.

Johnsy05
03-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I myself will also step up and shave my bucket if the bronco's beat the tigers.

ointhecreek
03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Looks like I started something, thats great! Anyone else got enuff testies? Should get the Broncos PR workin on this, do it at centre ice at the beginning of secound round! :thumb:

bandwagonboy
03-20-2006, 02:49 AM
And number one is pretend that Dorsett isn't even dressed, it's part of HIS game to get us off of our game and he does it to us all the time. If we stick to our game and stay out of the penalty box, we will win.

I think you're seriously under estimating Dorsett. The worst thing Swift could do is play into Dorsett's antics like Tidball did. The second worst thing they could do is just ignore him outright. Dorsett is not Tidball in many ways. You can take away the fighting and whatnot and Dorsett can still flat out play the game. After Psurny and Helm I don't believe that anyone on the Tigers have as many points as he does. And while they don't keep these sort of stats considering Dorsett's 279 penalty minutes I'm almost willing to bet that on a per minute played basis he might be the Tiger's leading scorer. If you just play the 'ignore him and he'll go away' stratagy he'll kill you.

Dorsett's greatest strength can also be his greatest weakness. He plays with a great deal of passion and with a chip on his shoulder. And he has a furious temper. He's faught several older and larger opponents like Day and his furious temper is what has both got him into those situations and what has seen him through them. He's also a character guy who will stand up for non-fighters like Helm and Russell. If you enrage him he will take stupid penalties and tons of them. Just look at his numbers, 279 penalty minutes don't lie. Willy has him on a pretty short leash and I think the last game against Swift proved that if you go after him directly he will turn the other cheek. But if you went after a linemate, especially a non-fighting linemate I doubt he'd be able to contain himself.

You guys can call nobody wanting to drop the gloves with Tidball cowardice, I don't buy that for a second. It's a smart game plan. Frustrate him until he does something stupid. Right now all of the Broncos are lining up to fight Dorsett and it's killing them on the scoreboard. When the Broncos have Dorsett running around trying to find a fight then the Tigers will be in trouble on the scoreboard.

Keys to the Broncos defeating the Tigers:

Keep Dorsett in the penalty box. I really think Dorsett is the key. Most of the time the Tigers win because of Dorsett but there are nights where they win in spite of him or lose because of him. Those nights have been nearly non-exsistant since Dorsett blew up in Vancouver and collected nearly a half an hour of penalties in one play. But the Broncs would be foolish to not at least try to get under Dorsett's skin.

Moir. No, Moir will play well but will the Broncos help him? If the Broncs keep the Tiger forwards away from Moir and clear out his rebounds it will be a long series. For the most part the Broncos have failed Moir terribly every time they've played the Tigs.

Out work the tigers.

Chuckles
03-20-2006, 08:53 AM
I would have to say our best chance of winning it to play like a team hands down we have seen the boy play well threw out the year from time to time.. some nights total domination the next night not so much. If we go out there and play our style of hockey work hard fight for the puck and play in front of moir and hopefully moir could be in his zone that from time to time that boy cna definately be in i could see us raising some havoc. Though i do think we have it in tough but i could defintely see an upset and boy would that be sweet. Well we've gotta tough hill to climb But i think thats when the boys have played best this year.... Also lets pack our rink with home fans and makes lots of noise..

Scout
03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
With Med.Hat coming and the rivalry we have had with them the last few years, pack the rink should not be a problem. Noise should also be no problem. I just wish the trumpeter can make some games. Section L are the leaders this year for noise and maybe some of us bus fans should move over to Section L and get the crowd going.

Scout

Broncs in RD
03-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok O
I too will shave the noodle if the Broncs beat the tigers, or will grow a mean playoff beard. still deciding whick one so please post which I should do?
Broncos in 6

ointhecreek
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Ok O
I too will shave the noodle if the Broncs beat the tigers, or will grow a mean playoff beard. still deciding whick one so please post which I should do?
Broncos in 6
Grow a playoff beard and shave your head if the broncos beat the Tigers. I've got my chin beard going, but mostly because I'm to lazy to shave. :laugh:

Broncs in RD
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Maybe a Goalie at one point?

Toswammi
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
I just wish the trumpeter can make some games. Section L are the leaders this year for noise and maybe some of us bus fans should move over to Section L and get the crowd going

I can guaruntee that we are doing everytihng short of giving him an insane amount of money to come down. I think he may be up for one game, but dont hold me to that.

dubfan
03-20-2006, 01:52 PM
:thumb: It doesn't look like anybody outside of SWIFT is giving the BRONCOS any respect looking at some polls. That is a great motivator for the team, all the pressure is on the HAT as they are first over all and have all the expectations. I would think Calgary is breathing a sigh of relief not having to play the Broncs. It makes for a perfect David vs Goliath and has the makings for a Cinderella upset as it can be referenced by the Broncos consistent play over the last 20 games. Lookout, it should be great for the team, no matter how it turns out, the team/organization has turned the corner and only good things are to come.

ointhecreek
03-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Maybe a Goalie at one point?
No, I haven't played hockey in 35 years. Giving my age away. But I have been indirectly involved in different teams over the years but not the Vipers.

Flathead
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I think you're seriously under estimating Dorsett. The worst thing Swift could do is play into Dorsett's antics like Tidball did. The second worst thing they could do is just ignore him outright. Dorsett is not Tidball in many ways. You can take away the fighting and whatnot and Dorsett can still flat out play the game. After Psurny and Helm I don't believe that anyone on the Tigers have as many points as he does. And while they don't keep these sort of stats considering Dorsett's 279 penalty minutes I'm almost willing to bet that on a per minute played basis he might be the Tiger's leading scorer. If you just play the 'ignore him and he'll go away' stratagy he'll kill you.

Dorsett's greatest strength can also be his greatest weakness. He plays with a great deal of passion and with a chip on his shoulder. And he has a furious temper. He's faught several older and larger opponents like Day and his furious temper is what has both got him into those situations and what has seen him through them. He's also a character guy who will stand up for non-fighters like Helm and Russell. If you enrage him he will take stupid penalties and tons of them. Just look at his numbers, 279 penalty minutes don't lie. Willy has him on a pretty short leash and I think the last game against Swift proved that if you go after him directly he will turn the other cheek. But if you went after a linemate, especially a non-fighting linemate I doubt he'd be able to contain himself.

You guys can call nobody wanting to drop the gloves with Tidball cowardice, I don't buy that for a second. It's a smart game plan. Frustrate him until he does something stupid. Right now all of the Broncos are lining up to fight Dorsett and it's killing them on the scoreboard. When the Broncos have Dorsett running around trying to find a fight then the Tigers will be in trouble on the scoreboard.

Keys to the Broncos defeating the Tigers:

Keep Dorsett in the penalty box. I really think Dorsett is the key. Most of the time the Tigers win because of Dorsett but there are nights where they win in spite of him or lose because of him. Those nights have been nearly non-exsistant since Dorsett blew up in Vancouver and collected nearly a half an hour of penalties in one play. But the Broncs would be foolish to not at least try to get under Dorsett's skin.

Moir. No, Moir will play well but will the Broncos help him? If the Broncs keep the Tiger forwards away from Moir and clear out his rebounds it will be a long series. For the most part the Broncos have failed Moir terribly every time they've played the Tigs.

Out work the tigers.
By no means did I mean to sound that I was underestimating Dorsett. He's a player that anybody would want on their team, and the guy you hate to play against. I love a player with Dorsett's game, points, pims, a lot of attitude.
I agree with everything you posted. I was only trying to say that we have to quit letting Dorsett get under our skin, and stick to playing our game. We in Swift know all about players like Dorsett, we had probally one of the best in Tyler Wright.