PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

Knuckle Chucker
03-19-2006, 01:39 PM
A good source has told me that if Thelen doesn't make the Wild (which he will not) he will be back next year.

The same source told me to expect some of our young 15/16 yr olds to be used as trade bait to pick up a 17/18 yr old forward who can score. It makes sense as we do not have room for all of the young guys.

Triton
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I honestly don't think Thelen will be back.If he doesn't make the Wild they'll probably want him in their AHL affiliate.Thelen is overrated anyway.

Knuckle Chucker
03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I honestly don't think Thelen will be back.If he doesn't make the Wild they'll probably want him in their AHL affiliate.Thelen is overrated anyway.

He has told the Raiders that the Wild want him back in the WHL next year to get a better handle on this style of hockey. These things are never written in stone but the source is in the know.

Triton
03-19-2006, 02:10 PM
These things are never written in stone but the source is in the know.

The source..LOL :laugh:.Thelen wasn't that great anyway and I have a hard time seeing Thelen in the NHL.He's a defensive liability and was only good for his shot on the PP,thats it.Never fights,coughs up the puck ALWAYS,not overly physical,gets beat wide too often..sure keep him.He won't do much,team will have a hard time without their top guys next season.

westbeach55
03-19-2006, 03:23 PM
raiders will have a hard time next year and what would you call what the blades are going to have??????

Sabes
03-19-2006, 04:29 PM
The source..LOL :laugh:.Thelen wasn't that great anyway and I have a hard time seeing Thelen in the NHL.He's a defensive liability and was only good for his shot on the PP,thats it.Never fights,coughs up the puck ALWAYS,not overly physical,gets beat wide too often..sure keep him.He won't do much,team will have a hard time without their top guys next season.

I think you got him all wrong, he was defensively pretty bad at the start of the year but in the last half he picked it up a lot. At the end of the year it seemed like he was slipping a bit but he was probably tired since he's playing more then double the amount of games he would in college. I think he is a solid well-rounded defenceman that can skate and shoot the puck.

chipperfan
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
He logged alot of ice time this last couple months and thought he was the most solid d-man we had.I mean cmon we had the likes of gauthier and mcdonald on the back line so tell me who is better?He took a while to get use to the dub but once he did he was our best dman.How was the slapshot?He da man!

Triton
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
raiders will have a hard time next year and what would you call what the blades are going to have??????

I could care less what the Blades do or what happens to them.

Triton
03-19-2006, 04:56 PM
We As Raider Fans Got Pretty Spoiled Watching Ardelan Score Every Time He Touched The Puck And Expected The Same From Thelen . Thelen Is Very Good And Got Way Over Worked . I Beleive With Him Last Year Brandon Wouldnt Have Had A Banner To Raise .

Brandon was 25 pts up on P.A,14 wins ahead and had scored and had scored 70 more goals.I hardly doubt Thelen would have made that much of an impact had he been here.

FELIX17
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
IMO, Thelen can only help the team next year. I hope your source is right KC. Thelen improved from the start of the season 10 fold. Give him some more time to adapt to the style and he will be a premier player. I would love to see Thelen in a Raider uniform next year.

Triton
03-19-2006, 05:11 PM
If he's around fine.But I still don't think he'll be around.I don't know what source it came from or even if It did come from a source at all but I guess we'll see at the start of the season.I do think he'll be in the AHL.

Season's done.Not even worth arguing about something that is totally out of our hands and this phantom "source's" hands.

Knuckle Chucker
03-19-2006, 05:44 PM
If he's around fine.But I still don't think he'll be around.I don't know what source it came from or even if It did come from a source at all but I guess we'll see at the start of the season.I do think he'll be in the AHL.

Season's done.Not even worth arguing about something that is totally out of our hands and this phantom "source's" hands.

I get a kick out of you and your split personality. Your "Thank You" thread brought a tear to my eye :( but then I remember all of your posts thanking teams for beating the Raiders. I know I know, you have a connection to both teams...yada yada yada.

Listen, I could give a rat's ass if you don't believe that I have a source (who will go unnamed because of my connection to the team). The fact is I do and I am providing the information to generate some conversation about next year's team. Is it a guarantee he will be back......no. Is there a good chance.....YES.

Knuckle Chucker
03-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I think you got him all wrong, he was defensively pretty bad at the start of the year but in the last half he picked it up a lot. At the end of the year it seemed like he was slipping a bit but he was probably tired since he's playing more then double the amount of games he would in college. I think he is a solid well-rounded defenceman that can skate and shoot the puck.

Excellent Post :thumb:

Triton
03-19-2006, 06:00 PM
what are you talking about? we lost to the wheatkings in 7 with no talented dmen or pp dmen

I thought you meant the East Division banner,not Eastern Conference.

Dwight Schrute
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
i think thelen had a harder time adjusting to the grind of the dub. he started slow and wasnt the greatest defensively at the start. he came along then kinda burnt out. as for fighting remember this is the first year he is in a league with fighting (plus he had shafer to look at lol) . i think if he was put in houston (their farm team) it would be like throwing him to the wolves a bit and could really hurt his development. i personally think the best thing for him and the wild would be for him to return as a overage. as far as knuckle chuckers source ... has he ever steered anyone the wrong way ? has he ever posted false things ? not that ive seen. so i am inclined to take him for his word.

also does anybody think thelen if he had played as a 16 17 18 year old in addition to this year. would he be a much better player ? i think so.

Koivu 11
03-19-2006, 08:03 PM
It was kind of bittersweet seeing the Raiders knocked out of the playoffs, since they swept us in the first round last year. There is no better rivalry in the dub, watching the blades and raiders is always a treat. Disappointing that Chipchura didn't get a longer season, but he's off to the promised land now. Next year the East will be DOMINATED by Moose Jaw, Wheaties will be 2nd, Pats 3rd, then the Raiders or Blades. Hopefully we both get lucky in the draft. Saskatoon has a very talented Goalie coming up, Braden Holtby, but will have a lot of talent moving on. :wave: Good Luck next year Raiders fans.