PDA

View Full Version : First round play off schedule

HAF
03-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Everett Silvertips vs. Tri-City Americans (Series G)
Game 1: Friday, March 24 - Tri-City @ Everett 7:05
Game 2: Saturday, March 25 - Tri-City @ Everett 7:05
Game 3: Tuesday, March 28 - Everett @ Tri-City 7:05
Game 4: Wednesday, March 29 - Everett @ Tri-City 7:05
*Game 5: Friday, March 31 - Tri-City @ Everett 7:05
*Game 6: Saturday, April 1 - Everett @ Tri-City 7:05
*Game 7: Tuesday, April 4 - Tri-City @ Everett 7:05

Tipped Off
03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
...I sure hope Everett can take this series in 4 games. I am out of town on a business trip on March 31 - April 5th. Oh well, I'll be watching from my hotel room!

HAF
03-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Huh...dont hold yer breath!!!! Are you coming over for any games?

nelson951
03-19-2006, 05:41 PM
TC in 7

Hail Carey Price!!!!

ihlemic10
03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Everett in 5. Sorry HAF...maybe some homerism by me. We'll have to see, regardless, I still think it will be a fun series.

Tipped Off
03-20-2006, 10:08 AM
I would love to go over to TC for the games, but with me leaving town for a week for business my wife would probably kill me if I went over to TC....lol.

Beaner
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
The only question in this series I would have if I was a Tip or American fan, is can the Tips withstand the physical beating they are going to take at the hands of the Americans?

I think the Tips can get out of round 1, with little problems on the scoreboard, but injuries will start to mount up as the physical play increases with the playoffs. Too many injuries this year for the Tips by being hit hard, and you know it just goes up a notch during the playoffs.

The only way that I see Tri-Cities beating the Tips, is if they can play Physical and disciplined, and Price can live up to his #5 draft status. I just dont think the Americans will be able to be both Disciplined and physical.

Brad
03-22-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't see the Tips escaping this series without being bruised and battered. It has been the game plan all season for the AMS to make every effort to finish all their checks. I don't see that changing. The Tips play like the puck is a hot potato when Boogaard or Beeman are on the ice. I think that's just the way the Americans want it.

There is enough bad blood between the two organizations that if the Tips get up a couple games it could get very ugly. On the flip side if it goes deep in the series it won't get ugly, but the accumulation of poundings will begin to add up.

I think the series will come down to officiating. If the refs call it tight then the Tips will roll, but it will get ugly. If the refs call a more traditional playoff style where penalties are less frequent it could be an interesting series.