PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Poll

Blades9ine
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
How far will the Blades proceed in the Playoffs?

Billy Blade
03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
It depends on how hot Khudobin can get, how much the vets who are still here learned from being swept last season, and most importantly, how much effort and desire they bring to the ice. I think the can and should get past Regina, but from there it's anyone's guess.

I don't know if they will be mentally strong enough to beat Moose Jaw in a best of seven, but first they must get past a formidable opponent in Regina to even think about worrying about that.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-21-2006, 08:16 AM
The series against the Pats should be a very exciting one and if the Blades can do all of the small things and just play like they do when they win hockey games, they should be ok. Obviously all of us Blades fans would want to see them win the Memorial Cup,but some of those teams in the Central and West divisions would be very tough to compete with, I am sure if that situation did arise(The Blades advancing to the Semi Final or Final)then they would give it all that they got. I think that the series Vs Regina will be a very good series and could a be long one. Home ice advantage should help :thumb:

Number_4
03-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Home ice advantage should help :thumb:

Dont be so sure about that. The way the Pats have been playing on the road, this could be an interesting series. The Pats lost their last couple of games at home, and then went a winning streak on the road. Both teams are evenly matched, but I have to say the Pats will get it done. As a Pats fan, I just dont have the confidence the Blades will be able to come together and your goaltender will rise to the pressure.

mat01800
03-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Dont be so sure about that. The way the Pats have been playing on the road, this could be an interesting series. The Pats lost their last couple of games at home, and then went a winning streak on the road. Both teams are evenly matched, but I have to say the Pats will get it done. As a Pats fan, I just dont have the confidence the Blades will be able to come together and your goaltender will rise to the pressure.

I am quite confident they will. Most of our top players have the experience of being swept last year. While your top guys have very little playoff experience compared to ours. We have a goalie who has played in two big tournaments the last two years while yours has probably played in nothing bigger then a city final.

Blades in 5 or 6

Sauer23
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Doesn't matter if the pats team is young and had no playoff experience. Those boy on the team have heart and dizire to win. It will be there first kick at the can. So i think there gonna come out flying.

Billy Blade
03-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Home ice means nothing unless you go to seven games. It only takes one game to steal that home ice away, and starting on the road in the playoffs is not always a bad thing. Much less pressure, at least this year hopefully the vets on the team will be a little more prepared for it than last year. It really takes the wind out of the sails of the team dropping game 1 at home, much more so than for the team that loses game 1 on the road.