Buldog
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Lordy lordy Pats win forty

Sauer23
03-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Put the hands together for the call up goaltender. :clap:

Buldog
03-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Winning 7 out of 8 on the road....WOW...playoffs here we come....Blades must be crapping their pants :clap:

Number_4
03-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Heres the official news release from reginapats.com

Pats Win 40!

Nathan Heinen made thirty-nine saves in regulation and overtime and stopped all three Medicine Hat shooters he faced in the shootout, as the Pats defeated the Tigers 5 - 4 Sunday night in front of a sold-out crowd at 'The Arena'. The victory gives the Pats 40-wins as they head into a first round playoff series with the Saskatoon Blades having won seven of eight games, all on the road to close out the regular season.

Denis Tolpeko scored the only goal in the shootout, beating Tigers netminder Blaine Neufeld five-hole to give the Pats their fifteenth road victory of the year.

Tolpeko opened the scoring notching his twentieth of the season at the 9:26 mark of the opening period converting a five-on-three power-play.

Roman Psurny evened the score at the 13:51 mark to beating Heinen, who was making his first WHL start of the season after playing for the Humboldt Broncos of the SJHL this season.

Justin Bernhardt & Jason Battershill were given a game-misconduct for their involvement in a fight with just over two minutes left in the first period.

The Tigers outshot the Pats 15 - 7 in a wild second period in which both teams scored three goals.

Ian Duval pounced on a loose puck 1:14 into the second period to put the Pats ahead with an even-strength goal. Brett Leffler & Tyson Sievert added the assists.

Psurny's second of the game from Matt Sokol at the 8:36 mark evened the score.

Nick Ross put the Pats ahead scoring on another five-on-three power-play. Craig Schira & Logan Pyett had the assists.

Just over a minute later Brett Leffler scored his second goal of the year on the power-play after a nice passing play by Colten Teubert & Petr Kalus.

Marek Curilla scored the Tigers third of the game, from Tyler Ennis & Shayne Brown at the 14:24 mark.

Jordan Bendfeld scored an unassisted goal with four minutes remaining in the middle stanza to even the score.

Medicine Hat outshot the Pats 15 - 2 in the third period and controlled territorial play for the majority of the game, however Heinen stood tall and kept the period scoreless to send the game to overtime.

The Tigers outshot the Pats 5 - 0 in the extra session, which included a power-play before Tolpeko's winner in the shootout.

Heinen was named the first star of the game. Neufeld made eleven saves in defeat.

To view the official online game sheet click here

Garrett Festerling left the game in the first period with a leg injury and did not return for precautionary reasons. Festerling was the only Pat to play in all seventy-two regular season games.

The Pats were without Kyle Deck, Josh Fauth, Jordan Fuder, Matt Robinson Kyle Ross, Derek Reinhart, while the Tigers were without key veterans as well having clinched the top seed throughout the WHL playoffs earlier in the weekend.

The Pats will enjoy Monday off, before returning to practice on Tuesday as they open-up their first-round series with Saskatoon on Friday.

Way to go guys. Bring on the blades!!!!

Tiger Trauma
03-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Very impressed with kalus (not sure if thats spelled right). It looks like he has a lot of great moves in his arsenal....a great skater...and he even got in a fight.(although it was hard for me too see, as it was right in the corner)

Dont start thinking you beat the mighty tigers though...lol. We were missing quite a few guys..Good Game though, your team played well

Robertson,Maxwell,Russel,Helm,Baldwin,Shlemko,Dors ett,and of course barker
were missing

patsfan33
03-20-2006, 01:32 AM
...as we're we...Robinson/Fuder/K.Ross/Deck/Reinhart/Festy (for the majority)

Our young guns we're pretty awesome tonight...N.Ross and Teubert, youngest D pairing in the dub--damn am I stoked for what these two are gonna be able to bring in the upcoming seasons, (wonder if we can get Teubert to hipcheck like Nicky...). kudos to Tolpecko for notchin' two tonight and definately can't say enough about Heinen.... outstanding tending, that kid definately earned first star honours tonight

What a season it has been! :thumb: I can't wait for some dub playoff action and we're smokin' right now...bring it on Blades!

nivek_wahs
03-20-2006, 01:59 AM
For being outshot 20-2 in the final 25 minutes I think the Pats and Pats fans should thank Nathan Heinen for his amazing performance. The game sounded crazy... I don't remember the Pats last 2 regulation shots as it seemed like the play was in their end the whole time. Way to go Denis on the winner. :clap:

All the Pats defencemen were 17 or less in tonights game (going by birthyear)... Pyett (17), Schira (17), MacDermott (17), Fraipont (17), Ross (16) & Teubert (15) that equals out to 16.5 years. The only word I can think of is... AMAZING. :D

But all I can say is WOW! Pats win 40! For a team that was supposed to be at or near the bottom of the barrel, I think they proved their detractors wrong. Congratulatons to the whole Pats Organization... right from Brent Parker (yes I said Brent Parker) to Curtis Hunt & Terry Perkins to the all of the Players. Way to go... keep it up and give the Blades a good run for their money. :thumb:

GO PATS GO!!

T-BOT
03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Very impressed with kalus (not sure if thats spelled right). It looks like he has a lot of great moves in his arsenal....a great skater...and he even got in a fight.(although it was hard for me too see, as it was right in the corner)

Dont start thinking you beat the mighty tigers though...lol. We were missing quite a few guys..Good Game though, your team played well

Robertson,Maxwell,Russel,Helm,Baldwin,Shlemko,Dors ett,and of course barker
were missing

So what, we were missing key guys too, for example two of our top scorers, so that's not really an excuse........We had a young young team on the ice there against you guys and we still won........

Triton
03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Winning 7 out of 8 on the road....WOW...playoffs here we come....Blades must be crapping their pants :clap:

I'm proud to say the Wheatkings were the only team to beat you red hot Pats.