PDA

View Full Version : playoff poll

Number_4
03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Just curious to see how people see this series ending.

Buldog
03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Pats in 6 games

nivek_wahs
03-20-2006, 02:13 AM
I say Pats in 6.

Fight Guy
03-20-2006, 03:01 PM
It's not going to be Pats in 6...just because that's what everybody thinks it will be...lol. But it is what seems the most likely. Pats will win the series. I'm pretty confident. How the series will go is beyond me though.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
There are alot of mixed opinions about the outcome of this series, but they all(well, most) said that it was going to be very close. Alot of them said 7 games. All I know is its going to be a close series, and it will come down to the team that wants it most, and works the hardest.

If we play every game a fast and physical game, and if both our euros play well, then I can say that the pats will have a pretty good run in these playoffs

Beaner
03-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Pats in 7, the Blades though talented have been far to inconsistent this year.

westbeach55
03-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Pats in 7, the Blades though talented have been far to inconsistent this year.

have to agree with beaner the blades havn't jelled as a team and I like the pats chances in this series (sure gave up alot and i still don't think they have enought to go anywhere)

FELIX17
03-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Any Pat fan that even thinks that the Pats have a chance has an IQ thats less than Tidballs sweater number. For those uninformed people he now wears #24 for the Broncos.

Well I'm not a Pat's fan and I think the Blades will be lucky to win a game. With Setoguchi's floating and Khudobin's inconsistency, the Blades need help from other individuals from this team. Any heart Saskatoon had, left with Tidball and Crowley. Pepper Carrot, why don't you stay on your white/grey board. All I ever hear from you is constant negativity towards other posters.

Koivu 11
03-23-2006, 11:31 AM
HUH?

You're saying that Khudobin is inconsistent? Compared to who??? Reekie? I know, that's why Reekie has been the goilie for the Russian national junior team for the past two years now, right. Oh wait...that's Khudobin! And you're right Seto does float alot...right past defensemen to score highlight reel goals.

The only bright spots the Pats have are Kalus and Reekie, maybe they should call Halifax and ask him to come back since Tidsy isn't with Stoon any more.

Blades in 5.

Bran
03-23-2006, 12:22 PM
The only bright spots the Pats have are Kalus and Reekie, maybe they should call Halifax and ask him to come back since Tidsy isn't with Stoon any more.

You're calling Reekie a bright spot? I have nothing against him, but his stats are average, at best. Kalus and Reekie are far from being the only bright spots...What about Robinson and Tolpeko for starters?

Blades fans had better hope that their team doesn't take the Pats as lightly as some of the fans in Saskatoon or they'll be gone in no time at all.

witness
03-23-2006, 02:09 PM
The Pats seem to get more contribution from the 3rd and 4th lines. They also get a large contribution from the backend (as a whole). If you want to match up individuals, then I would give the edge to Saskatoon. But, it is still a team sport and the Pats are playing very well as a TEAM.

My feeling is that the series will come down to special teams. And right now, the Pats special teams are on fire.

The Reekie/Khudobin thing is irrelevent. Neither has won anything yet. If the Blades fans want to think that Khodobin has the edge because he played in the Junior Championship game for the past two years, fine. Just remember that he didn't win either game.

SectionNDeserter
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
HUH?

You're saying that Khudobin is inconsistent? Compared to who??? Reekie? I know, that's why Reekie has been the goilie for the Russian national junior team for the past two years now, right. Oh wait...that's Khudobin!He is a good goalie when he is on his game, unfortunately once he gets rattled, he looks terrible (see the world junior championship this season as a reference)

And you're right Seto does float alot...right past defensemen to score highlight reel goals.That covers about 1 minute of the game at most, I think the floating he is talking about is what he is doing the other 59 minutes. :laugh:

FELIX17
03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
He is a good goalie when he is on his game, unfortunately once he gets rattled, he looks terrible (see the world junior championship this season as a reference)
That covers about 1 minute of the game at most, I think the floating he is talking about is what he is doing the other 59 minutes. :laugh:

LOL!! :) :clap:

Hatguy
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying Moose Jaw has great goaltending, but both Reekie and Khodubin are bad. This series is dead even in my mind. I think Regina will win all their home games, I don't know about Saskatoon. Should be a great series either way, two good teams.

Fight Guy
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
^^^Agreed...sorta. The two goalies aren't bad...but they aren't the best. They are mostly inconsistant. Reekie has been playing absolutely great in the last part fo the season, so hopefully that carries on. Will be a great series.

patsdude114
03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm not saying Moose Jaw has great goaltending, but both Reekie and Khodubin are bad. This series is dead even in my mind. I think Regina will win all their home games, I don't know about Saskatoon. Should be a great series either way, two good teams.

HATGUY i dont know how you can say this series is dead considering there is no hype at all between Brandon and Moose Jaw. Heck the Warriors didnt do that great against Brandon this season (not saying the Pats did either) the Brandon and Moose Jaw series was tied at 4 , with Moose Jaw outscoring Brandon 32-25 the only close game Moose Jaw won against Brandon was the last game of the yr against them having won 3-2 all other close games Brandon had won. Which goes to my proof the Moose Jaw is only a good team when they control the game offensively when games are close Moose Jaw just cant get it done. In there season series there was 4 games that were within 2 goals with Brandon going 3-1 in those games.

Mark my word on it these games are going to be close games, Plante is going to steal this series on Moose Jaw. Brandon has the best goalie in our division in Plante and there going to take full advantage of that in this series. Brandon is alot bigger and stronger then Moose Jaw also, as long as Brandon keeps it close Moose Jaw doesnt stand a chance in this series..

GO PATS GO!!!!!!

Bran
03-24-2006, 12:11 AM
HATGUY i dont know how you can say this series is dead considering...
lol...he said dead EVEN

Pepper Carrot
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I'm not a Pat's fan and I think the Blades will be lucky to win a game. With Setoguchi's floating and Khudobin's inconsistency, the Blades need help from other individuals from this team. Any heart Saskatoon had, left with Tidball and Crowley. Pepper Carrot, why don't you stay on your white/grey board. All I ever hear from you is constant negativity towards other posters.

Setoguchi scored two goals including the game winner. He was also the #1 star.
the Blades won the 1st game.

patsfan33
03-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Brett Leffler
Derek Reinhart
Michael Senseman
Ian Duval
Matt McDermit
Scott Brownlee (kudos to our wonderful Blade opponents)
Linden Rowat

Fight Guy
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Scott Brownlee (kudos to our wonderful Blade opponents)
I loved how Gillies got the "Hit of the Game" for that dirty board. Dont know how the hell he was only called for interference. Before last nights game, I was talking to a friend who was there with some billets, and she said that after the hit, he didnt know where he was or anything. So best bet here is concusion.

patsdude114
03-26-2006, 09:23 PM
lol...he said dead EVEN

actually he said "the series is dead even in my mind" he just forgot to put a comma in it. IT should read like this "the series is dead, even in my mind"

Dwight Schrute
03-27-2006, 02:15 AM
I loved how Gillies got the "Hit of the Game" for that dirty board. Dont know how the hell he was only called for interference. Before last nights game, I was talking to a friend who was there with some billets, and she said that after the hit, he didnt know where he was or anything. So best bet here is concusion.
gillies did the same thing to justin palazzo (of the raiders) in stoon (only it was a hit from behind) and you guessed it got hit of the game. how they feel it is proper to reward a kid for a dirty play is beyond me, he is going to end some young mans career. the funny part is the next time they met when palazzo asked him to fight he declined (i wonder why). you best watch out for #18 as he will hit you from behind or dirty.

nivek_wahs
03-27-2006, 04:29 AM

Yup, it's a concussion (in today's LeaderPost).

Fight Guy
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
gillies did the same thing to justin palazzo (of the raiders) in stoon (only it was a hit from behind) and you guessed it got hit of the game. how they feel it is proper to reward a kid for a dirty play is beyond me, he is going to end some young mans career. the funny part is the next time they met when palazzo asked him to fight he declined (i wonder why). you best watch out for #18 as he will hit you from behind or dirty.
I actually didn't think it was a check from behind. Charging...yes. I though the hit itself was pretty clean...but he skated pretty much full tilt fromt he blue line.

Dwight Schrute
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I actually didn't think it was a check from behind. Charging...yes. I though the hit itself was pretty clean...but he skated pretty much full tilt fromt he blue line.
you said the ht was a dirty board did you not ?

Fight Guy
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
you said the ht was a dirty board did you not ?
Lol...which one??? The Brownlee hit or the Prince Albert one? I'm refering to the PA one that started a brawl.

Blades9ine
03-28-2006, 12:57 AM
I'd have to say the hit didn't turn out the way Gillies wanted it too. He shouldn't have hit him considering how far away from the boards the Pats player was. Wrong place, wrong time. Both teams are putting up a good fight though. There have been alot of pushing and shoving after whistles and so on.

But right now it looks like Saskatoon wants it more. Not saying the Pats don't either. Ricci is standing on his head out there. 52 shots on net for the Blades in Game 1, and they only managed to put 3 in the back of net. A+ for Ricci. Shots are shots, whether they're difficult or not. Game 3 will be a rough one and close at that too.

Fight Guy
03-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd have to say the hit didn't turn out the way Gillies wanted it too. He shouldn't have hit him considering how far away from the boards the Pats player was. Wrong place, wrong time. Both teams are putting up a good fight though. There have been alot of pushing and shoving after whistles and so on.

But right now it looks like Saskatoon wants it more. Not saying the Pats don't either. Ricci is standing on his head out there. 52 shots on net for the Blades in Game 1, and they only managed to put 3 in the back of net. A+ for Ricci. Shots are shots, whether they're difficult or not. Game 3 will be a rough one and close at that too.For future reference...it's Reekie...lol.

Triton
03-28-2006, 12:29 PM

The hit was not dirty.No penalty was called and Palazzo got up.

westbeach55
03-28-2006, 12:41 PM
The hit was not dirty.No penalty was called and Palazzo got up.

i find that funny palazzo got up, what if he didn't get up and cause no penalty not called lots of calls are missed

Blades9ine
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
For future reference...it's Reekie...lol.

Sorry about that. Hahaha