PDA

View Full Version : First Round Upsets?

Rammer
03-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Now is the time to name them and the subsequent implications that the Ice may take advantage of in later rounds.

Can PG upset Vancouver, will the Ice make the Rockets look like Scud missles?

Playoff hockey is one of the only sports to take an energetic regular season and take it to expodential level, absolutely the best of all sports. 7 game series making it a chess match, physical nature only compared to playoff football, and the untangible position of goaltending nulifying domination by the opposition. Enjoy it Ice, enjoy it for many games this season. :thumb:

tender
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Well its playoff time already seems like the season had just started and its done with , well if the Ice are going to take Kelowna out theyll have to come together like they did the last game of the season ,playing 60 mins of hockey and hitting thru out the game not giving the Rockets any clear chances and just play their style of game the Ice will prevail in taking Kelowna out although this series will be a tough one but Ill say the Ice in six gms . You can do it Boys !! GO ICE GO !!! :clap:

Chipper
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
I think that the Ice like the roll of underdog, It takes the presure off and they just have to play there game and wait for their chances. I think in the past we have been very successful in the playoffs with this roll. They Ice and the Rockets are both very well coached and it will be a shame when one has to bow out in the first round but thats playoff hockey and I hope the Ice come out on top. I predict Ice in 6

Swando
03-20-2006, 09:19 PM
PG has had the Giants number this year No doubt. However, Vancouver has outshot the at least 2-1 in most contests and played with severla players out of the line-up. Needless to say it will be a great match up but I do not think PG can handle the constant attack the Giants are going to lay on them to last more than 6 games at the most. For what it's worth that is my opion fromo the other series. The ICe and Rockets should be a knocked down series.

scamperdog
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I think that the Ice like the roll of underdog, It takes the presure off and they just have to play there game and wait for their chances. I think in the past we have been very successful in the playoffs with this roll. They Ice and the Rockets are both very well coached and it will be a shame when one has to bow out in the first round but thats playoff hockey and I hope the Ice come out on top. I predict Ice in 6
the Ice have been playing good hockey lately, are you the underdog i don't think so its a pretty even matchup but this year i think your right Ice in six :wave:

Beaner
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Ice beating the Rockets can hardly be considered an upset considering the 2 teams have 90+ points.

That being said, I think it will be close but the Rockets playoff experience pays off in this one, Rockets in 7.

Rammer
03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Ice beating the Rockets can hardly be considered an upset considering the 2 teams have 90+ points.

That being said, I think it will be close but the Rockets playoff experience pays off in this one, Rockets in 7.

Yep that playoff winning experience may be the difference, but then it may also cost the Giants as they are lacking moreso in playoff E. The toughest first round selction that the WHL will provide is the Ice and Rockets, it is going to be a disappointing season for one squad or the other, to have as many wins in the pocket and be forced out in the first round....