PDA

View Full Version : Possible Rebel Draft Picks

Tinner
03-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Rebels can pick as high as first and as low as third/fifth?? in the first round. Here is a list of the top 10 as rated by the scouts;

1. Jared Cowan, Sask. Contacts Midget AAA
2. Ryan Howse, Prince George Bantam AAA
3. Cole Penner, Medicine Hat Bantam AAA
4. Burke Gallimore, CAC Alberta Bantam AAA
5. Collin Bowman, N. Shore Winter Club Bantam AAA
6. Landon Ferraro, Burnaby Bantam AAA
7. Erich Binner, Calgary SWAA White Bantam
8. Riley Boychuk, Abbotsford AAA
9. Shane Harle, North Shore Winter Club Bantam AAA
10. Matt MacKenzie, Burnaby Bantam AAA

Also, the second/third pick in the import draft.

WHL Rules
03-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Also, the second/third pick in the import draft.

I might be wrong but I think the Rebels will have the 5th or the 8th pick in the import draft. The Q will have the first pick followed by the WHL and the OHL. Normally an expansion team will pick first (Everett got the second pick three years ago and the two Q expansion teams picked 2nd and 5th last season), so Chilliwack will get the second pick and then either the Rebels or Spokane will get the 5th pick. I don't know the tie-breaker for the last place ;) but both teams are tied in points (Rebels have more wins but Spokane won the only game they played this season)

Tinner
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
WHL office confirms; The order for the 2006 Import Draft will QMJHL, followed by WHL, followed by OHL.

so, depending how they determine Spokane/Red Deer, we could pick 2nd or 5th.

SectionNDeserter
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
WHL office confirms; The order for the 2006 Import Draft will QMJHL, followed by WHL, followed by OHL.

so, depending how they determine Spokane/Red Deer, we could pick 2nd or 5th.Where does Chilliwack fit into that equation?

Shinyshoes
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Chilliwack will pick 2nd, and if my sources are right, Spokane will pick 5th, Red Deer 8th.

Red Deer had more wins than spoke, so we finished ahead of them (Technically).

Either way, I'm sure Sutter (and his scouts) has his man picked out, and regardless of where we pick, they know who we are getting.

SectionNDeserter
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Chilliwack will pick 2nd, and if my sources are right, Spokane will pick 5th, Red Deer 8th.

Red Deer had more wins than spoke, so we finished ahead of them (Technically).

Either way, I'm sure Sutter (and his scouts) has his man picked out, and regardless of where we pick, they know who we are getting.I am never too concerned about the import draft, as they are all scouted overseas, playing a completely different style of hockey. You can draft a player, but no matter how highly touted they are, you really have no idea if they are even going to report/stay here, or if they are going to adjust to life/hockey in North America. I think with the #8 pick we are going to have a pretty decent chance to pick up a player with a decent skill level, though I think that the bantam draft is still going to be what makes or breaks a team.

Red celtic
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
There is a rumior out there that Jared Cowan doesn't want to go to Spokane. If this does happen we will be getting a can't miss prospect. If Cowan does get drafted by Spokane I heard we will be looking at Ray Farraro's kid Landon. Not sure what his IMO is he does come from good bloodlines so he would be a good addition. Anyways its going to be getting interesting over the next few weeks something to speculate over.
;)

WHL Rules
04-19-2006, 12:37 AM
There is a rumior out there that Jared Cowan doesn't want to go to Spokane. If this does happen we will be getting a can't miss prospect. If Cowan does get drafted by Spokane I heard we will be looking at Ray Farraro's kid Landon. Not sure what his IMO is he does come from good bloodlines so he would be a good addition. Anyways its going to be getting interesting over the next few weeks something to speculate over.
;)

Is Cowan really a can't miss prospect? I know a lot of people are very high on this kid but I talked to some friends of mine who saw him regulary over the last year who think that he is overrated due to his size. He is for sure a step ahead of his fellow draft prospects in his (physical) developement but what happens when they catch up with him over the next few years? Does he have the tools to be a top player when the playing field is leveled?

Red celtic
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Saw him play on TV when Saskatoon play at the MACs he looked good and that was when he was playing as a bantam aged player playing in the Sask. Midget AAA Midget league. Most scouts are saying that he is the consenous first over all pick if will play in Spokane. But I have never seen him play live.
:frog: